Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
55 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Very nice start to the day in Surrey , off upto Biddenham in Beds today for a photo shoot hope the weather holds !! 

Very nice day by the river Ouse .

• Like 2

Posted

So the question remains is gfs over cooking the temps. About 6-7 degrees difference bwtween met and GFS and the output showing on forecasts on here. Still 5 days away time for it all to change

Posted
12 hours ago, bakealot62 said:

poor old west London missed the storms again still cannot beat the massive storm of 26th may 2018 which we had wonder if next week will bring something similar or will Kent and Essex get the lions share 

It's frustrating isn't it; this week's storms literally seemed to take a right just as they got within a few miles of west London. I missed last year's storm as we were in Cyprus at the time, so very much hoping to catch a big storm next week before we head off to Cyprus the week after. Plenty of cloud around today with the sun poking through from time to time.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A beautiful sunny day with a sky filled with cumulus clouds.

The temperature at 10:15 is 16:0°C but it feels more like 14°C.

Posted

I'm strangely miserable this morning despite the lovely weather today for the solstice. The allotment is so damp that it's full of mushrooms and fungi of various sorts. Some of the plants have yellowed through saturation. We need sun. 

I'm still in my flat despite selling it 6 months ago as lack of affordable houses means it takes forever to find a house. Out the front we have a huge car park, then a 3 lane A road. When it's very hot and humid, the air pollution is terrible, the flat is boiling and there's nowhere to go outside. It makes you feel so ill. I'm dreading next week, though I'd feel different if we had a house, probably.

And on top of that,  we're on leave week starting the 29th, all we've got is a tent and a tank of petrol... I have a feeling the weather will be pony by then! 

The ups and downs of weatherwatching!

Edited by Team Squirrel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Slowly the temps are going up.

0205B153-E369-445F-9429-F8C3FB1579BD.jpeg

4C076926-1B4F-4EF1-909A-5CE507F06E41.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

First storms this year on Tuesday, and it was lovely, now feels like we need another.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Look east evening forecast: 

Yesterday = temps up to 30c by Wednesday 

Today = temps up to 22c by Wednesday 

Seriously, that’s a 8c drop on a post 24hr weather slot. 

Well done BBC, as usual  

Posted
9 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Look east evening forecast: 

Yesterday = temps up to 30c by Wednesday 

Today = temps up to 22c by Wednesday 

Seriously, that’s a 8c drop on a post 24hr weather slot. 

Well done BBC, as usual  

It’ll probably be back to 30c tomorrow. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

It’ll probably be back to 30c tomorrow. 

UK households in the home counties and areas north of London: 

Yesterday = “Yeah we’re having a heatwave” 

Today = “maybe not” 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Lovely day today with warm sunshine but a nice bit of cloud which when you are working outside is just rightNot looking forward to next weeks heat as it will be a reminder of what it was like last year with day after day of relentless heat and temps in high 20s/low 30s for week after week.I would be quite happy for low mid 20s which is fine to work in and ok for sitting in sun / playing sports.I feel for those commuting on trains/tubes if heat does come next week-I did that in a previous life and it isn’t much fun.

Anyway this weekend looks great for our neck of the woods with nice warm sunshine so enjoy it

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
1 hour ago, Ben Lewis said:

UK households in the home counties and areas north of London: 

Yesterday = “Yeah we’re having a heatwave” 

Today = “maybe not” 

Let’s hope for the later  

Posted
3 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

Lovely day today with warm sunshine but a nice bit of cloud which when you are working outside is just rightNot looking forward to next weeks heat as it will be a reminder of what it was like last year with day after day of relentless heat and temps in high 20s/low 30s for week after week.I would be quite happy for low mid 20s which is fine to work in and ok for sitting in sun / playing sports.I feel for those commuting on trains/tubes if heat does come next week-I did that in a previous life and it isn’t much fun.

Anyway this weekend looks great for our neck of the woods with nice warm sunshine so enjoy it

I’d be very thankful for any kind of proper heat and hot feel, about time. 

Still haven’t put my winter jacket away yet from all this rain and crap weather. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, shotski said:

Let’s hope for the later  

Still rain in the forecast amongst any possible heat so should keep you happy. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
13 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Still rain in the forecast amongst any possible heat so should keep you happy. 

keeps me happy, sir.

I can live with heat if there's a jolly good storm forecasted, what what.

• Like 1

Posted

What do people reckon about the temps for mid-Essex next week?

The weather apps (not 100% useful, I know) had 26-27C for early in the week, then it changed to 28-30C, now it's 26-27C all week.

Today's GFS, which has pushed things back, seems to be indicating 30C here may not be reached until late next week.

I'm a bit cautious about the possible cloud cover issue, as that's restricted temps during hot weather before, e.g. late July 2014.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Pleasant enough day today with sunny spells and average temperatures. Yesterday was also fine for my friends wedding in Cirencester, thankfully.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
On 21/06/2019 at 13:02, Mark wheeler said:

Slowly the temps are going up.

0205B153-E369-445F-9429-F8C3FB1579BD.jpeg

4C076926-1B4F-4EF1-909A-5CE507F06E41.jpeg

Hello Mark. 

I know where you will be next week. Next to the freezer cabinets. It certainly looks as if it is going to be very hot by Thursday. Two of my three sons will be missing the exceptional weather here. Both are on holiday- One is going to Oregon to visit a former school friend of his who emigrated there. I am taking him to Heathrow early Wednesday morning and the other son and his partner are going to Croatia for 7 days starting Friday and followed by 3 days in Bosnia. At least trhey will be enjoying hot weather too. Trust you and the family are well.

Kind regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
11 hours ago, saint said:

I can enjoy warm/hot weather but I am not looking forward to the high humidity which looks to be inevitable next week. 

Honestly, same... hopefully that high humidity and heat can trigger some nice storms here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Morning, well Seems to be a lot of ifs buts or maybes for the heat this coming week. Last Wednesday temperatures were expected of around 32c for Norwich, now 20c due to the slight shift In wind direction with it coming of the North Sea, I think that’ will be the big player to see where the highest temperature will be for the UK... personally I think the UK June record will be safe just...

Posted

Hmm , Metoffice have 27c today and sunny , well I hope things improve as it’s mostly overcast here and the radar seems to be picking up some Rain .

DE028E22-79F2-4B20-86A0-A1921F9337BF.jpeg

Posted
13 hours ago, claret047 said:

Hello Mark. 

I know where you will be next week. Next to the freezer cabinets. It certainly looks as if it is going to be very hot by Thursday. Two of my three sons will be missing the exceptional weather here. Both are on holiday- One is going to Oregon to visit a former school friend of his who emigrated there. I am taking him to Heathrow early Wednesday morning and the other son and his partner are going to Croatia for 7 days starting Friday and followed by 3 days in Bosnia. At least trhey will be enjoying hot weather too. Trust you and the family are well.

Kind regards

Dave

Hi Dave , Hope your well , I’m hoping the Freezers don’t go down which Is the usual thing that happens . Hope Your boys enjoy their respective Holidays, I’m off next week so hoping the Azores high noses in . My Family are well Thanks enjoying life .

Regards Mark 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

woke up to cloudy skies and the upstairs feeling cooler than it has for a while. Sun is now breaking though and i need to think about going out in the garden, but amazon are delivering a bug zapper and a Dot.  A spare dot for the bathroom. so i can listen to music in the bath, hubs says. 

So many forecasts. Some say I might get something tomorrow, some Tuesday/wednesday some say zero. I am going to go by the clouds. Didn't fail me last Tuesday.

Forever hopeful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

Cloudy atm & Shoreham airport recording 23 Celsius now only meant to be high of 21 today according to BBC so hoping temps will be warmer for the week then there saying

Edited by JK1
  • Like 1