Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Not even the dreaded "thundery rain" here, just some moderate drizzle. Saw two very distant flashes towards Lowestoft around 2am and that was it. Complete no show. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Waiting for ages for a decent storm, finally it happened last night, just a bloody shame im 300 miles away in dartmouth, watched with great envy, as mates took to facebook so I could see the action, hope everyone is good, not been on here for a while

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Just went to the east of me on the Essex coast but didn't stop me seeing continuous lightening and cloud to cloud bolts, some moderate rain but as said all the heavy stuff went into the North Sea...judging by the models for next week could be an extended round two and certainly hotter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Not even the dreaded "thundery rain" here, just some moderate drizzle. Saw two very distant flashes towards Lowestoft around 2am and that was it. Complete no show. 

We saw and heard some of that, but it was still a way off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
17 hours ago, tomp456 said:

6.25.......calling a bust. 

Reverse Psychology is a beauty. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

I've uploaded a nice picture, surface based strike towards Herne Bay!

Clipboard02.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Next week looks horriffic for storm phobics Monday evening right through to Thursday

Edited by biddie

Posted

This from a friend in Eastbourne. He said it went on for a couple of hours. Lucky thing. There was nothing here in London.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

It's only 18c here, very overcast with occasional rain but it's beyond humid - really nasty. Need to shower after a 20 minute walk 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

In true beddy fashion I now have rain, just rain. Boring rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Big black clouds again, a downpour is coming our way

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

Big black clouds again, a downpour is coming our way

Just had a biblical one of those, up here, Neil!:oldgrin:☔ But no T&L...

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
10 hours ago, biddie said:

Next week looks horriffic for storm phobics Monday evening right through to Thursday

I can give you the forecast for East Anglia now if you like  

Away from East Anglia (where it will be cool and cloudy) temperatures will climb rapidly, possibly reaching 30C in London and 25 to 27C further west and north. In the east temperatures will be pegged back to around 16C with a chilly onshore breeze. Storms will develop rapidly from 6pm onwards, continuing into the following day; some of these will be severe with frequent lightning and torrential rain. The exception will again be the east, where low cloud and mist will spread inland" 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
9 hours ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

I can give you the forecast for East Anglia now if you like  

Away from East Anglia (where it will be cool and cloudy) temperatures will climb rapidly, possibly reaching 30C in London and 25 to 27C further west and north. In the east temperatures will be pegged back to around 16C with a chilly onshore breeze. Storms will develop rapidly from 6pm onwards, continuing into the following day; some of these will be severe with frequent lightning and torrential rain. The exception will again be the east, where low cloud and mist will spread inland" 

and bedford of course. But i think it will be much warmer off late with thunderstorms developing over my house by the river and heading north.

Posted

Early doors thunderstorm warning for Sunday and Monday for most of England and Wales.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?id=747b8a63-0bcf-45b7-a2f2-ca667f339f58&date=2019-06-23

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

It’s raining again here in Surrey I have surely never known a June like this for raining seemingly just about everyday since the 3rd ...?? Urghh ! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Back in Blighty today for a friends wedding tomorrow, feels positively chilly here  And more grey skies, hopefully tomorrow will be sunnier and a little warmer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Last night there was a heavy shower of rain and now it has drowned four of my smaller planters.  I am waiting for sunshine to dry them out.  There was sunshine earlier along with the beautiful stratocumulus clouds but they did not last long. The sky is filled with nimbostratus clouds with no sign of the sun.  The temperature is 18.2°C along with 57% humidity.  I still feel cold and would like warmer weather. It is so different from last year and it was only three weeks ago that I doubted that we would get any rain.  I would not have thought that we would be getting constant bouts of heavy showers of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It rains half an hour after I watered the back garden in the late evening.

Posted

poor old west London missed the storms again still cannot beat the massive storm of 26th may 2018 which we had wonder if next week will bring something similar or will Kent and Essex get the lions share 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Everyone is probably in bed by now, but the moon from my bedroom window is stunning, a honey coloured yellow, wish I had a decent camera to capture it... hey ho, night all. 

• Like 4

Posted

I'm usually not very good with heat and humidity so next week's forecast is making me nervous. Using the central line during rush hour will be hell. 

If we get some great thunderstorms then it will be worth it. I just hope this event does not last too long. 40°C is just too much for me I can handle 30°C fine. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
1 hour ago, Zesyph said:

I'm usually not very good with heat and humidity so next week's forecast is making me nervous. Using the central line during rush hour will be hell. 

If we get some great thunderstorms then it will be worth it. I just hope this event does not last too long. 40°C is just too much for me I can handle 30°C fine. 

I cant see us getting 40c mid 30s possibly though which is more than enough with the high humidity. The main factors will be the amount of cloud cover and the wind direction S/SEly and we could be nearer the mid or higher end of the 30s but a Ely and low 30s the max I reckon. Would be nice for more of us to experience an epic storm like parts of Kent and Sussex had this week, and it's very possible with those extremely high Cape values forecast but other factors will need to come in to play also

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Very nice start to the day in Surrey , off upto Biddenham in Beds today for a photo shoot hope the weather holds !! 

Edited by Badgers01
Typo
  • Like 3