Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

To be fair nature does need the rain.

This is the only rain that will get down into the soil at this time of the year.
Remember not every year can be like last year thank god.

This weather gives me an extra 20 mins plus not watering the garden.

Again we haven't had the continuous rain here, although it was pretty foul yesterday and windy.

Nice start here plenty of sunshine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

um. It's raining.

*quietly moves away.*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

constant train of showers hitting us from the south west ... not huge amounts of precipitation but enough to totally curtail any outside activity, dampen all the garden furniture!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
34 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

constant train of showers hitting us from the south west ... not huge amounts of precipitation but enough to totally curtail any outside activity, dampen all the garden furniture!!

Yes, although it is slightly warmer and not quite as dull and wet as many previous days, it’s not good. 16C is poor and like you say, the showers are preventing outdoor activities. Very boring. Last day in the UK for me, back home to Prague tomorrow for a week, where summer is in full swing. Can’t wait.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, although it is slightly warmer and not quite as dull and wet as many previous days, it’s not good. 16C is poor and like you say, the showers are preventing outdoor activities. Very boring. Last day in the UK for me, back home to Prague tomorrow for a week, where summer is in full swing. Can’t wait.

You will really appreciate the summer weather after the past week or so here ☔ And yes, completely agree with you and Badger, a constant train of rain showers only gives long enough gaps in between to dash out for the dog walk or anything that isn't too time-consuming, but for proper outdoor activities, it's just too wet. When the sun does make an appearance, it's soooo warm, leaving quite a tropical feel behind it for the next deluge.

• Like 4

Posted

When the sun appears this afternoon it feels much hotter than it is, the birds are singing again and best of all we're missing today's showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

You will really appreciate the summer weather after the past week or so here ☔ And yes, completely agree with you and Badger, a constant train of rain showers only gives long enough gaps in between to dash out for the dog walk or anything that isn't too time-consuming, but for proper outdoor activities, it's just too wet. When the sun does make an appearance, it's soooo warm, leaving quite a tropical feel behind it for the next deluge.

I can’t wait, warm sun by day and cold drinks outside on the balcony in the evenings, lovely. It is warming up here a bit, at least. Shame about the wind today but next week looks somewhat better, nearer to average conditions which will feel half decent in any sunshine.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

it’s actually quite pleasant at the moment here at the moment with the sun shining , just need a bit of warmth too . At least next week looks like an improvement of sorts .

• Like 4

Posted

Quite a poor day but it did truly brighten up later in evening, warmer too 19C onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

Posted

might get 2  days  warm but looking  in to fantasy world  its not looking that great

23 minutes ago, tinybill said:

might get 2  days  warm but looking  in to fantasy world  its not looking that great

Looks like normal British summer to me.. Can't compare any summer to last year... Not many of us in our life times will see another like it. 

Summer in UK temperatures shouldn't really go above 30c. It is only because of climate change that they do. This obvisouly raises peoples expectations of a typical UK summer... 

As a grower.. I can't tell you how happy I am how things are going now... Rain// Sun... Rain.. Sun... The growth rate on some of my Bamboos is better than last year (of course) 

Long may it continue .. Our growing season here in the UK is short at the best of times. In Italy one summer is equivalent to 4 of ours when it comes to growing Bamboo... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Quick! There's a couple of hours of sunshine coming through this morning. Get out and enjoy it.

That patchy rain out west will arrive later. ☹️

1584215573_Satellite15Jun07_15.thumb.jpg.e76785535425781366609ab2b386ef93.jpg1629612520_Radar15Jun08_55.thumb.jpg.9be1f1d550a68aa918a274230d7c4727.jpg

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 3

Posted

Left a grey and dreary Surrey and now in Broadstairs- very different day here benefitting from the coastal climate ...

88483D93-ADB4-4505-9CC1-303B45C00703.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Badgers01 said:

Left a grey and dreary Surrey and now in Broadstairs- very different day here benefitting from the coastal climate ...

88483D93-ADB4-4505-9CC1-303B45C00703.jpeg

Looks beautiful, is that in Kent?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Been to Brighton this morning for a cheerleading Competition my daughter was participating in and she won  . Anyway I was really surprised how pleasant and sunny and warm it was and we even went on too the beach for an hour afterwards to relax and had a beer whilst a wedding was in full swing . As the front from the west approached we made a move and are now back in Chessington where the front has now cleared but the breaks are far less broken . 

• Like 3

Posted
23 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Looks beautiful, is that in Kent?

Yes Just east of Margate - warm and sunny been on a photo shoot in the historic castle in the shot nice days work !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

We popped to Hastings this morning it was a lovely day but the wind was slightly chilly we were planning a BBQ but on the way back home to Rye it became very overcast and started to rain. It’s now been raining on and of very lightly for a few hours. I have opened all the doors and windows because it feels quite humid in the house. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Looked to my south-east and saw this... 

IMG_0907[1].JPG

• Like 3

Posted
14 hours ago, zmstorm said:

Looked to my south-east and saw this... 

IMG_0907[1].JPG

Yes I saw this too, although the sky was a weird yellow colour and that's why i looked out the window.

However today I was rudely interrupted finding a 1960's dress for bubs dance performance by my phone telling me that Beddy has a thunderstorm warning. This far out I am half expecting it to beep to say the warning is cancelled but hey ho first real Thunderstorm watch of the season. 

Downside - I hope if it happens it's not at 4:15 on Tuesday. Other than that it can do it's thing.

Judging from last year that will be tit all.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
22 minutes ago, Dami said:

Yes I saw this too, although the sky was a weird yellow colour and that's why i looked out the window.

However today I was rudely interrupted finding a 1960's dress for bubs dance performance by my phone telling me that Beddy has a thunderstorm warning. This far out I am half expecting it to beep to say the warning is cancelled but hey ho first real Thunderstorm watch of the season. 

Downside - I hope if it happens it's not at 4:15 on Tuesday. Other than that it can do it's thing.

Judging from last year that will be tit all.  

I hope no thunderstorms happen between 8:20 and 10:45 because I have an RE exam then 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, zmstorm said:

I hope no thunderstorms happen between 8:20 and 10:45 because I have an RE exam then 

oo good luck on that! :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Stunning on the dog walk this morning, the rain has turned the landscape into a lush deep green. 

More rain forecast into next week although nothing on the levels as the past couple weeks. 

So far early summer 2019 walking into a polar opposite of last year. Like I have always banged on about when folk cry for rain post 7 days of dry weather = this is the UK, it will always balance out. 

Hopefully come July we get to have some dry & hot weather before the Autumn rains. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Looks like our Region is heading for another deluge overnight Tues into Weds next week as thundery rain moves up from the south.

Met Office Warning: 1921955636_MetOWarning18Jun.thumb.jpg.c8736e815636df77c6bcc9cf8e5c3f45.jpg

ECM Tues midnight: 313173881_ECMWFMidnightTues18th.thumb.png.f40ad1e1b2e4b6f9a98d62557a5b4186.png

GFS Weds 08.00: 604244483_GFSWed19Jun08_00.thumb.png.a1116809cf62f08c6213d321ae0f5912.png

• Like 4

Posted

this  the  last thing  we need in our area at  the moment

gfs-2-42.png

• Like 1