Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
2 minutes ago, Met4Cast said:

Chatham, Kent a short while ago

IMG_5603.thumb.jpg.7828c15a8b5827d48f14a4f00e95471f.jpgIMG_5605.thumb.jpg.2a1e0125b6d31e4e819a07f67e99b19c.jpg

I'd love to see pictures from underneath that convective line, that's flash flood territory right there!

We have had similar flooding here in Epsom. I'll let you know in half hour or so, if we come out the other end of the convective line!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

This rain is biblical!!! Just waiting for some thunder and lightening now!! There must be some serious flooding in places and a lot of aquaplaning on the motorways. Flights to Gatwick have been delayed. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
6 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

That line is heading straight towards me. Gulp.

us too down the road in cobham this is a very unusual situation I was skeptical about the apolypyic accumulation predictions but this is what it would look like if we ever did get 4 inches of rain in a day...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Never known rain like it, just relentless here in Addlestone. Clap of thunder just heard too 

Posted

Rumble of thunder here in Coulsdon and rain getting heavier. It's rained all day, currently at 44.6mm . 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

us too down the road in cobham this is a very unusual situation I was skeptical about the apolypyic accumulation predictions but this is what it would look like if we ever did get 4 inches of rain in a day...

Very unusual!

Posted

Hilarious we are rightbin the middlr of a dry spot. The biblical rain seems to be dippjng further south. 

Posted

This rain is giving me serious anxiety. My garage is flooding and I’ve got the sandbags out. In 2013 I was involved in Canadas worst ever flood were we had 10 inches of rain in 24 hours. Our house (along with most of the town) totally flooded and we were rescued and evacuated. Spent 2 nights on the floor of my work office downtown where it wasn’t flooded. No running water for 2 weeks and completely cut off from the outside world due to landslides that took out the roads. It’s amazing how PTSD can hit many times after an event. This is no where near that but it’s still bring back those memories 

Edited by CanadianCoops
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Just now, CanadianCoops said:

This rain is giving me serious anxiety. My garage is flooding and I’ve got the sandbags out. In 2013 I was involved in Canadas worst ever flood were we had 10 inches of rain in 24 hours. Our house (along with most of the town) totally flooded and we were rescued and evacuated. Spent 2 nights on the floor of my work office downtown where it wasn’t flooded. No running water for 2 weeks and completely cut off from the outside world. It’s amazing how PTSD can hit many times after an event. This is no where near that but it’s still bring back those memories 

Sorry to hear that.  I'm confident, having checked the radar, that it should stop raining for you fairly rapidly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

After a brief let up, its chucking it down again.

HOW IS THERE THIS MUCH WATER IN THE SKY?!?!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, CanadianCoops said:

This rain is giving me serious anxiety. My garage is flooding and I’ve got the sandbags out. In 2013 I was involved in Canadas worst ever flood were we had 10 inches of rain in 24 hours. Our house (along with most of the town) totally flooded and we were rescued and evacuated. Spent 2 nights on the floor of my work office downtown where it wasn’t flooded. No running water for 2 weeks and completely cut off from the outside world. It’s amazing how PTSD can hit many times after an event. This is no where near that but it’s still bring back those memories 

I'm sorry its causing you anxiety. I've never experienced anything like you have. I cant even begin to comprehend what that must have felt like. Fingers crossed it doesn't affect you too badly. I sure as hell wasn't expecting this much rain today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

another lightning flash to the north..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

STILL bucketing it down here with another flash of lightning, not very close though

Posted

Its a pretty impressive summer rainfall event, especially for the SE and I'd be interested to see the return rate for this much rainfall in the SE section, especially for a summer month. From a brief scout its rare to go above 25mm for a daily average, but I'd guess we have a fair shot at going above that, especially as we still have a good 90 minutes left of the day.

Posted
Just now, kold weather said:

Its a pretty impressive summer rainfall event, especially for the SE and I'd be interested to see the return rate for this much rainfall in the SE section, especially for a summer month. From a brief scout its rare to go above 25mm for a daily average, but I'd guess we have a fair shot at going above that, especially as we still have a good 90 minutes left of the day.

I'm thinking that possibly July 2007 would be the closest?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 hour ago, Reefseeker said:

Didn't hear the Cobham/Weybridge thunder from here in Surbiton:(  it's been steady all day until around 3pm when it pepped up and has been going in and out of heavier then lighter rain ever since. The dog only got a walk around the block as I wasn't that prepared to get a soaking, although I secretly don't mind a rainy adventure, but from @Badgers01 account of Esher Common perhaps I'm glad I didn't head that way.

Looks like another wave incoming now after a short reprieve. 

• Like 1

Posted

Flood warning out for Emm Brook in Wokingham; property flooding is expected. Not surprised really as 25mm is generally enough to cause it to flood ( although not property), and there must have been more than double that there today, falling on some very dry ground. Would also expect the River Loddon to flood over the next day or so as well.

Posted

This is pretty bad it’s been heavy rain for 16 hours and their has been local flooding, looking at the radar a line of very heavy rain is set to hit very soon in south London. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
6 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

Where's @Steve Murr? Guessing he's having an outside shower at the moment as he's under that really heavy band!

Classic , when looking at your post and the above post .