Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Fairly humid here In Bexhill, as the frontal rain has traversed north. It was actually torrential for a good half hour, too.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Clear slot seems adequate to spark something off in the next 1 or 2 hours

Well, after plenty of rain this morning, the clear slot is making itself felt here now with some very warm sunshine and nice towering clouds. Fingers crossed it fuels some fabulous convective storms later.

Screenshot (32).png

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Skies at Heathrow very interesting now

F5AE4C18-8315-45DE-8E4A-8ECBDE7F8E21.jpeg

A6F33CB8-FA01-443D-A33E-AEAB9AA773E7.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Watching radar and ppn really gathering momentum out west. Some bright colours. 

Bristol up towards West Mids looks good for a potential storm. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

My garden is very much enjoying a drink. Does sound lovely against my patio doors too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It started to rain steadily at 6pm which means that I won't have to water the garden.

Posted
28 minutes ago, Lauren said:

My garden is very much enjoying a drink. Does sound lovely against my patio doors too.

Hi Lauren, 

Been refreshingly nice today to  experience a few hours of heavy rain. 

Yes I really did just say that 

Summer rains are less depressing than winter, the roads and pavements dry up very quickly and more sunlight hours to make up for it.

• Like 3

Posted

SW thread reporting some noteworthy Thunderstorms. 

Pretty benign over our patch currently 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
14 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

SW thread reporting some noteworthy Thunderstorms. 

Pretty benign over our patch currently 

Yes, despite some very interesting and convective looking skies, only had a brief shower. Very dull 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Not had that much rain here, now in the big hole thats over London...Was hoping for the odd rumble of thunder by now.

Keep the rain coming I say.. Absolute optimum growing conditions now.. Rain and sun Rain sun repeat 

Ive owned my own bamboo company now for nearly a year. We grow and sell different types of Bamboo along side my landscaping business.. The larger bamboo species go into overdrive now.. Some of the shoots yesterday and over night have put over an 1" of new growth in 24 hours...In a week some will do over a foot of new growth... 

Even when I wake up after a day like yesterday with no rain for ages.. All my plants look back at me like "wooooooooooooooooooohooo we is happy now" I see it as I have to keep them alive for them to keep me alive.. simples. Bamboo takes 7 times more co2 out of the atmosphere than trees. BUT I don't for one second mean that we don't need trees LOL. Trees provide eco systems and micro-biomes that bamboo cannot.

I have to water my bamboo twice a day in summer morning and night that how much it drinks.. If i don't then the next day I can tell they haven't been watered

Looking like Monday could be thunderstorm day.. again and then some VERY heavy substantial rain on Tuesday

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

So which of these forecasts will be nearer the mark? Arpege going for a very soggy outlook for most of our Region, with up to 80mm of cumulative rainfall for many over the next 4 days (to Wed morning). The only other high res model publicly available that goes out that far - GFS - has nothing like the same totals. 

Arpege 997921299_ArpegeCumRainfall8Junto12Jun.thumb.png.1e97d6f355ac62fd4d2c78200fdf8d17.png GFS 1783646386_GFSCumPrecip8Junto12Jun.thumb.GIF.3299d5238dfceed96e533ff0118afcce.GIF

The key to the outcome will be a feature drifting up from France during Monday into Tuesday. If the current Met Office fax chart comes off I suspect Arpege will be nearer the outcome:

00.00 Tue 11th Jun: 921615721_MetOffFaxChart00.0011Jun.thumb.jpg.d1043f0ab1471768638b0244306e1f9d.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

So which of these forecasts will be nearer the mark? Arpege going for a very soggy outlook for most of our Region, with up to 80mm of cumulative rainfall for many over the next 4 days (to Wed morning). The only other high res model publicly available that goes out that far - GFS - has nothing like the same totals. 

Arpege 997921299_ArpegeCumRainfall8Junto12Jun.thumb.png.1e97d6f355ac62fd4d2c78200fdf8d17.png GFS 1783646386_GFSCumPrecip8Junto12Jun.thumb.GIF.3299d5238dfceed96e533ff0118afcce.GIF

The key to the outcome will be a feature drifting up from France during Monday into Tuesday. If the current Met Office fax chart comes off I suspect Arpege will be nearer the outcome:

00.00 Tue 11th Jun: 921615721_MetOffFaxChart00.0011Jun.thumb.jpg.d1043f0ab1471768638b0244306e1f9d.jpg

In a way, this is rather reminiscent of late August 1976: after months without any meaningful rainfall whatsoever, the next two months saw one deluge after another...?:shok:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

The Met Office have issued a yellow warning for rain and the warning is literally covering all of East Anglia on Monday and late into Tuesday.

• Like 3

Posted
7 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

In a way, this is rather reminiscent of late August 1976: after months without any meaningful rainfall whatsoever, the next two months saw one deluge after another...?:shok:

Don't panic Pete! I'm hoping we are looking at a 2013 re-run, with a poor June but a much better July with some long, settled, sunny spells of weather. :oldsmile:

At least that is what the background teleconnections (eQBO, Nino, MJO cycle, etc.) should deliver. But you must be a believer......

Edited by Blessed Weather
Emoji changed to better reflect my believe in the use of teleconnections.
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Biblical sideways rain for the last 15 minutes. Cat is unimpressed. 

Posted

An impressive line of showers formed along the line of convergence of the wind flow today, even producing a lightning strike just south of Sevenoaks around lunchtime. To illustrate the convergence I've marked the Arpege wind chart for this afternoon.

Radar 11.15 1892174408_Radar11.158thJune.thumb.jpg.1c8a807c7412d9cbd78380e7a524fc2d.jpg Arpege wind chart 1796803166_ArpegeWind15.00marked.thumb.jpg.3cc3d00cb8514e774b1a5e8a306ea3b7.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
4 hours ago, Lauren said:

Biblical sideways rain for the last 15 minutes. Cat is unimpressed. 

Are they ever impressed by interesting weather?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

An impressive line of showers formed along the line of convergence of the wind flow today, even producing a lightning strike just south of Sevenoaks around lunchtime. To illustrate the convergence I've marked the Arpege wind chart for this afternoon.

Radar 11.15 1892174408_Radar11.158thJune.thumb.jpg.1c8a807c7412d9cbd78380e7a524fc2d.jpg Arpege wind chart 1796803166_ArpegeWind15.00marked.thumb.jpg.3cc3d00cb8514e774b1a5e8a306ea3b7.jpg

Nice detective work, Malcolm!

• Like 1

Posted

just been watching  bbc weather  monday weather we could get a month worth of  rain  on  monday  any gatdining need  doing  do it sunday!!

Posted

This morning's BBC/MeteoGroup take on the incoming rainfall for Monday into Tuesday (which aligns closely with the Arpege chart I posted yesterday) showing the potential for up to 60mm of rain. Meanwhile GFS still not in agreement, placing the largest accumulations further north. Arpege unavailable on Meteociel this morning so I can't post the latest view from the French model.

BBC 716729889_Rain10-11Jun.thumb.jpg.edcbf6a5a1f46abca2081f80fe671445.jpg GFS 1087519688_GFSCumPrecip9-12Jun.thumb.GIF.a8ac5257e779a0c61a5b5d65ed32a1ff.GIF

• Like 3

Posted

Any one driveing  to Ipswich be prepared  for  delays are ex on a  14 at copdock after a  bad crash on Friday  diversions to part of roundabout  is  shut, now  back to the weather looking very wet mondays onwards

Edited by tinybill