Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted

Lovely day at the allotment, first strawberries are ripe. This beautiful cloud overhead caught my eye, I had to adjust it a bit so the colours look true to life, but it was amazing seeing the azure against a blue sky.

DSC01480 (3).JPG

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Super day in Surrey - farmers already got first cut of silage in ....

5BC76580-C9BB-4866-8163-E9B6DA810F3C.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Very warm 25c already if this breakdown was happening on Monday would have been 30s in this region, think this is a bit of a push.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The barometer pressure has lowered since yesterday and the sky is getting cloudier.  I am hoping that Thurrock will get a heavy downpour of rain.  Strange, I was feeling rather cold yesterday and was having problems keeping warm.  Today the weather is neither too hot or too cold, just right.

Posted

Dodgy around 2 a few spots of rain  but now sunny and baking hot in charters beer garden waiting for Tallawah reggae band to start

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

Yet another dry day when rain was forecast. It seems weather forecasting is not getting any easier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Carol on the Beeb has just said Weybourne in Norfolk hit 28.8C yesterday - the first day of summer - making it the UK's hottest day of the year so far.

I'm back in the family home in Wales for a few days and it was wet, windy and 15.5C here. :oldrolleyes:

• Like 2

Posted

After 2 lovely days back to normal service today - blustery with lots of grey clouds still warm in the sun though !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
5 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Carol on the Beeb has just said Weybourne in Norfolk hit 28.8C yesterday - the first day of summer - making it the UK's hottest day of the year so far.

I'm back in the family home in Wales for a few days and it was wet, windy and 15.5C here. :oldrolleyes:

A rather drab welcome on the hillside, then Malcolm?

Posted

After an indifferent start it was really very pleasant after about 4.30pm - swans on the River Mole seemed to agree....

9B131D28-A15B-466A-B642-DE0C1F4CF765.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Back in London today for work and what a naff day. Looks more like November with the gloom, and it’s cool and breezy, just 16C. Looking like a very unsettled week or so to come here. 

Posted

Was a pretty decent start to the day sunny and feeling warm started clouding over about 12 with a few spots of rain, best part of the day gone methinks

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It started to rain approximately 12noon.  It was moderate rainfall, which made me very happy as I doubted that it would ever come.  Hopefully, there will be more rain in the late afternoon/evening.  In my garden I have a number of plants that need to be watered (using a water can) and a number of them are very young shrubs and saplings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Almost non-stop moderate-heavy (Convective?) rainfall today in Hastings & Bexhill.

• Like 2

Posted

I have been spoiled today with the weather to days as there have been two more showers in rain in South Ockendon. It has made me very happy.?️

• Like 2

Posted

Sadly I have not seen these type of clouds over the Thurrock skies.  The only thing I could find was a photo of black hole clouds seen over Thornton Heath, Croydon.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/londoners-baffled-as-black-hole-clouds-appear-above-capital-a4159181.html

Posted

In Wales but just checked the readings from our local weather station back in Suffolk (at Raydon airstrip) and a very useful 8.1mm of rain this afternoon. Also took a look at the rainfall radar and there have been a whole bunch of thunderstorms moving up the North Sea that have unfortunately (depending on your preference) just missed us.

18.25 2102008675_Radar18.254Jun2019.thumb.jpg.4f6bae7a4de329bd48e6ad11d0001d98.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted

Ended up with 23.1mm of rain here today! The run of heavy precipitation just kept coming from mid/late morning onwards until around 4pm.

Edited by lottiekent

So the "washout week" and "very below average" week as said by certain members in the model thread has been well... the opposite. Even yesterday we had zero rain here and some sunshine throughout the day.. 

Today looks dry and sunny very warm feeling now in the strong June sunshine... 

Tomorrows showers now look a no go for many.. and Fridays low pressure is very quickly getting shunted west with barley a dribble of rain.. 

Sundays low as now pretty much vanished 

I NEED RAIN!!! Im having to put the sprinkle on my bamboo stock twice a day at the moment including the garden. I hate doing it... Mother nature SHOULD be able to take care of it... But not while us humans continue to F our planet up 

Posted

For the record, East Anglian rainfall for May 2019 was 43mm or 88% of the long term average. Dan Holley, Weatherquest, has updated his excellent graph for the period 2016 to date and this shows that only 28% of rainfall has been received in the last 12 months and over the entire period the deficit is now running at 221.8mm.

MetO Rainfall Actual May 2019: 1989955849_RainfallActualMay2019.thumb.gif.871297d703e6d7e97ed9b5382003f18d.gif

Weatherquest Graph for East Anglia: 940386201_EastAngliaRainfallMay2016toMay2019.thumb.jpg.9d1f5d3643089b584f2ba979ee74113f.jpg

Sources:
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries/anomacts
https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/1136146599913152514

And what does the next few days hold in store? Both Arpege and Icon suggesting for the extreme east of our Region some useful rain, but the west largely missing out. Cumulative rainfall Weds 5th Jun - Sat 8th Jun:

Arpege: 512351000_ArpegeCumPrecip5-8June.thumb.png.a3e1ec75be5d7eb45c8191c69dc6d310.png 1848143409_ICONCumPrecip5-8June.thumb.png.d5a263bb942810b4d47fed3757a151a5.pngIcon:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

For the record, East Anglian rainfall for May 2019 was 43mm or 88% of the long term average. Dan Holley, Weatherquest, has updated his excellent graph for the period 2016 to date and this shows that only 28% of rainfall has been received in the last 12 months and over the entire period the deficit is now running at 221.8mm.

MetO Rainfall Actual May 2019: 1989955849_RainfallActualMay2019.thumb.gif.871297d703e6d7e97ed9b5382003f18d.gif

Weatherquest Graph for East Anglia: 940386201_EastAngliaRainfallMay2016toMay2019.thumb.jpg.9d1f5d3643089b584f2ba979ee74113f.jpg

Sources:
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries/anomacts
https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/1136146599913152514

And what does the next few days hold in store? Both Arpege and Icon suggesting for the extreme east of our Region some useful rain, but the west largely missing out. Cumulative rainfall Weds 5th Jun - Sat 8th Jun:

Arpege: 512351000_ArpegeCumPrecip5-8June.thumb.png.a3e1ec75be5d7eb45c8191c69dc6d310.png 1848143409_ICONCumPrecip5-8June.thumb.png.d5a263bb942810b4d47fed3757a151a5.pngIcon:

Yep.. rinse and repeat.. Although not so much the rinse bit... We seem to be stuck in a loop hole and have been or nearly a year now.. Promise of rain... gets closer and closer.. then nothing.. 

IF we continue this pattern then we are in real trouble come end of summer if we don't play catch in autumn and winter.. 

I said before start of summer I think this one will be a humid one with thunderstorms later on in the summer... But a very obvious pattern again is emerging so early on... Where by we shunt the heat and humidity away with thunderstorms and PPN running up East of us just like last night. Absolute text book situation..And again tonight.. similar scenario and a reoccurring theme..