Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
11 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

A potentially historical Severe-t-storm event is on the cards for the US (Around Oklahoma), on Monday. But guess what...? It falls before the day of my Geography and maths Exam, and because of the Time zones, the thunderstorms would likely begin by around 23:00-01:00 (Late afternoon/early evening in Oklahoma). Sigh... Decisions, decisions... Do I stay up and potentially witness Weather history being made via Live weather cams, or risk being tired-ish for my exams (I operate well on low sleep, provided I get enough a few days prior)...?

We'll see, I suppose. But seriously! A moderate risk issued 3 days in advance? When was the last time that happened?? Just insane prospects, and would likely get upgraded to a high risk nearer the time, and iv'e never had the chance to witness one of THOSE in action before!  And today is looking incredibly dangerous too, across the Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas area! Very active over there atm!

Maybe a new thread for this to share camera feed links etc. Tried to view some storms near Chicago the other day but I just get weatherbug nonsense. Be good to know of some proper good streaming live and ahead of time

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
19 hours ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Maybe a new thread for this to share camera feed links etc. Tried to view some storms near Chicago the other day but I just get weatherbug nonsense. Be good to know of some proper good streaming live and ahead of time

All of the good looking OKC skycams aren't available in our region...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
2 hours ago, LightningLover said:

All of the good looking OKC skycams aren't available in our region...

Yeah I saw this

Either that or it’s weathermug or wunderground cams which refresh every 10 mins... never seen the point of those since 1998

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

cool damp but at least everywhere is resplendent in its spring greens !

JPEG image-170B4D34D99C-1.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
9 hours ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Yeah I saw this

Either that or it’s weathermug or wunderground cams which refresh every 10 mins... never seen the point of those since 1998

There is one that's hosted by Earthtv, and is high-quality, high FPS streaming, in Oklahoma City! Perfect! Found it Yesterday!

Posted

Good grief. Oklahoma and other areas are under a NOAA SPC HIGH risk today... These storms could make world news... 

Posted

Very active looking skies already here in Surrey , multi directional clouds suggest maybe some convergence above and the chance of a heavy shower later ...? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Really impressed with MeteoGroup's Chris Fawkes Forecast, earlier this Morning. For once, I actually saw a Forecast, where the Forecaster took the trouble to take a while to explain the "mechanics" behind the formation of Convergence Zone showers. From that Forecast it did look as if we're a little too far East, to be affected, we shall see.

The main area at risk again for some heavy and potentially, thundery showers to develop, looked to be in a line stretching from the East of N.England, stretching SSW, down through the Midlands.

Regards,

Tom :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

Very active looking skies already here in Surrey , multi directional clouds suggest maybe some convergence above and the chance of a heavy shower later ...? 

Fingers crossed it comes to something. The clouds above Nonsuch Park were giving it a go earlier but had that not quite there look about them. Towers piling up a bit more in Epsom now even some tiny hints of mammatus here and there. Our local kitties have been enjoying the balmy conditions sitting on the cars!

IMG_20190520_135812.jpg

IMG_20190520_134736.jpg

IMG_20190519_160443.jpg

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

All this talk of the wet stuff, and my area has seen only a light drizzle since the breakdown was due, just enough to wet the floor. Lovely weather for sitting outside.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, all weather said:

All this talk of the wet stuff, and my area has seen only a light drizzle since the breakdown was due, just enough to wet the floor. Lovely weather for sitting outside.

True. Given the forecast last Thursday was for a few days of sunny spells and heavy showers, it's come to nought. Really really poor forecasting yet again. 

I think they should just use the same forecast for the SE England 365 days of the year:

'' Mostly dry but with the risk of drizzle at times''

' Risk' being their word not mine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
3 hours ago, all weather said:

Lucky you. My area got a soaking most of the day Saturday courtesy of a rain shower that stayed overhead for 5 hours. 

Thankfully yesterday and today has been dry. Chance for the ground to dry out. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Patiently waiting for the rain, it seems ages since it last rained.  Sunny morning with partly cloudy sky.  Temperature 13.6°C.  It's the start of the hay-fever and the hives rash season for me which makes sleeping difficult.

Edited by Katrine Basso
Change sentence

Posted
2 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

Patiently waiting for the rain, it seems ages since it last rained.  Sunny morning with partly cloudy sky.  Temperature 13.6°C.  It's the start of the hay-fever and the hives rash season for me which makes sleeping difficult.

Looks like we are going to have to wait some time yet for the rain here in the south east. 

18.4c now in the capital. Could be a warm one. 

Turning out to be a dry warm and sunny week. 

Posted

Lovely clear skies today actually well forecast probs best day of week I would say ...

3393BB9E-70AF-400A-B517-2E3650361CD1.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Lovely clear skies today actually well forecast probs best day of week I would say ...

3393BB9E-70AF-400A-B517-2E3650361CD1.jpeg

Great pic. Sky is a wonderful colour today to be fair. 

Oxshott a lovely place. I used to go dirt biking near there about 10 years ago. Doubt if the track still there. Knowle Hill think it was. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Great pic. Sky is a wonderful colour today to be fair. 

Oxshott a lovely place. I used to go dirt biking near there about 10 years ago. Doubt if the track still there. Knowle Hill think it was. 

Thanks - the Esher / Oxshott / Cobham triangle is a great place to live - I think we put paid to the dirt biking years ago - sorry about that !!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Always decides to cloud over on my day off, still feeling warm at 17c with light winds and humidity of 54%... hopefully sun comes out again soon

Posted

Pleasant day sky really cleared after 4pm so lovely light since ... once the sun has gone round and starts setting over Esher common it starts to feel really cool - but not cool enough to stop the mosquitos ... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
On 20/05/2019 at 21:13, Ben Lewis said:

Lucky you. My area got a soaking most of the day Saturday courtesy of a rain shower that stayed overhead for 5 hours. 

Thankfully yesterday and today has been dry. Chance for the ground to dry out. 

You must have your own micro climate Ben I’m only down the road to you and it’s bone dry, has been for weeks. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous Spring day, 20C currently and sunny skies. Perfect  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
15 hours ago, shotski said:

You must have your own micro climate Ben I’m only down the road to you and it’s bone dry, has been for weeks. 

On Saturday it rained most of the day in Ampthill whilst 10 minutes down the road it was dry. 

A rare event, but the BBC were mentioning on Friday evening that showers would be slow moving and stationary. 

Linslade has been bone dry for weeks? Wow.. I need to nip that Spanish holiday in the head and drive down to linslade to play in the dust. You managed to avoid all those downpours last week as well? 

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted

Nice day for voting - whatever your take on politics always important to exercise your right which is denied other countries around the world 

CF61E9AF-FB8C-48AF-96FA-538C0D3ACC39.jpeg

93FB62ED-56D8-4DBE-95A7-32C728F539AC.jpeg

88077646-5989-4A3B-BA24-9477A9ABF9EA.jpeg

Edited by Badgers01
Duplicate
  • Like 2