Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Well, my first exams start next week... Hooray. On Tuesday it’s Biology, on Wednesday it’s English literature, and Thursday it’s my Chemistry exam.

Obviously I’ve known for years this time was coming, but I suppose it never felt real until now. I’m going to be shattered by Friday (An exam free day).

Ill try to keep everyone updated on my overall progress and thoughts between revision sessions and all that gubbins.

You know what’s also occurred to me...? If there are any nighttime/elevated/plume-type convective thunderstorm episodes, it’ll prove to be a test of my concentration span and self control, as I likely won’t be able to pull all-nighters waiting for t-storms... Oh well. The exams finish mid-June, so there’ll still be plenty of potential!

Anyway, sorry for rambling, I just wanted to spill my thoughts a little.

Wish me luck!

• Like 9

Posted

Clear blue skies and sunshine today albeit rather tempered by a distinctly cooling breeze, 19 degrees on car thermometer but feeling less than that when out and about. This little pair were proudly looking after their mini offspring right next to the local duckpond, ahhhh...

IMG_20190513_143737.jpg

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 5

Posted
2 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

Clear blue skies and sunshine today albeit rather tempered by a distinctly cooling breeze, 19 degrees on car thermometer but feeling less than that when out and about. This little pair were proudly looking after their mini offspring right next to the local duckpond, ahhhh...

IMG_20190513_143737.jpg

That's dinner sorted. Yummmm.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

are the uv levels freakishly high today? I have never seen my Davis read an 8 before....?? but it was an hour ago...

• Like 2

Posted

Well, I completed my first Exam today! To say Biology was hard is an understatement. I don't believe I did spectacularly well for that one, but I can assure you, as tiring as it was, I tried my absolute hardest. But man am I tired now!

Tomorrow I have English literature (Paper 1). I don't mean to brag, but in my previous English language mock, I actually received a grade 7/9, which is equivalent to an old (low) A!! I have full confidence in myself that I'll smash all of my English papers!

Next week is also my first Geography exam! Now THAT'S a subject I can roll with. According to my teacher, I received a 6/9 in all of my Geography papers combined, which, to my knowledge, is equivalent to an old B. As you can probably gather, my natural passion for Meteorology & Geography in general should hopefully get me at least a 5, 6, or perhaps even a 7. The same date my first Geography exam falls on (21st May), also happens to hold a subject I may not do so brilliantly in: Math's. Yikes. All I can do is try my best, I suppose!

If I've learnt anything during my time at Secondary school, it's this: with a bit of perseverance, and a bucket load of determination, you can do great things. Many great things. All it takes is the right mind set, and support from your friends, family, and peers alike. It also helps a great deal to have an outlet for your thoughts, and as far as I'm concerned, this forum serves this function wonderfully. Oh yeah, weather too I guess. (Lol just kidding)

That's all for now, but I'll be sure to update everyone on my overall thoughts and general progress sometime again this week. You guys are awesome, never forget that!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Good luck lightninglover. Best advice I can give you, is give it your best shot first time but don't pin everything on it. Try not to overthink the questions, trust yourself and be smart about it. Do the mark heavy questions first. But remember it's not your only shot, you can always retake if need be. Neither are they the be all and end all. Grades are obviously helpful, but what will prove most important is your determinant and hard work.

You've got this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

What a cracking day, not to hot, not to cool. 

Blue skies and perfect. 

On another note, hilarious watching & listening to media/radio forecasts bang on/ over excite about how Scotland gets to 24c for 2 days..... 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

It’s a beautiful day here in Rye, one thing I have noticed is the temperature, it was forecast to be 14 here today but it’s reached 18 now and everyone is taking off jackets and jumpers and sitting in the sun with drinks and Ice creams. 

• Like 2

Posted

Well, there you have it, another Exam down Today! As you may know, it was English Literature, paper 1. I am exceedingly proud of this one, as not only do I believe that my writing was expressive and fluent, but I also managed to slip in fancy words such as 'Superfluous' (In excess), and Compunction (regret/sadness). My headteacher took a small peek at the beginning of my writing, and she said my use of accurate & technical vocabulary is fantastic! She also said she will likely keep a copy for showcase purposes. Just like yesterday, I am positively exhausted, but in a good, satisfied way this time.

The beautiful weather we are having is certainly helping to boost my mood & energy! 

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
21 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

What a cracking day, not to hot, not to cool. 

Blue skies and perfect. 

On another note, hilarious watching & listening to media/radio forecasts bang on/ over excite about how Scotland gets to 24c for 2 days..... 

25c today in Scotland...wall to wall sunshine here since Saturday morning. Don’t be jealous now - you must be hitting 18c at least there...

417AF258-8D53-42C5-9E49-0C0CBDEC7531.thumb.jpeg.58b5542d775616be23f36a95f4d9b3c5.jpeg

51CD51CE-1C95-4A3A-88C8-BBF46962E322.thumb.jpeg.db0f8c607c8e2219d5f0b96874345b0b.jpeg

24E77907-FED4-4D65-A661-38CB149F0D72.thumb.jpeg.fae97b76708639522857920f69242739.jpeg

We get our best weather in May/June here near the West coast of Scotland.

I will be very jealous in July/August when you ladies and gents are basking in 30c and intense thunderstorms...while I sit under 15c, low cloud and drizzle! 

Have a good Summer all! 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Mr Frost said:

25c today in Scotland...wall to wall sunshine here since Saturday morning. Don’t be jealous now - you must be hitting 18c at least there...

417AF258-8D53-42C5-9E49-0C0CBDEC7531.thumb.jpeg.58b5542d775616be23f36a95f4d9b3c5.jpeg

51CD51CE-1C95-4A3A-88C8-BBF46962E322.thumb.jpeg.db0f8c607c8e2219d5f0b96874345b0b.jpeg

24E77907-FED4-4D65-A661-38CB149F0D72.thumb.jpeg.fae97b76708639522857920f69242739.jpeg

Great pics - enjoy 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
2 hours ago, Mr Frost said:

We get our best weather in May/June here near the West coast of Scotland.

I will be very jealous in July/August when you ladies and gents are basking in 30c and intense thunderstorms...while I sit under 15c, low cloud and drizzle! 

Have a good Summer all! 

Great pics. 

throughly entertaining/funny watching media go mad at a 24c temperature in Scotland. 

Enjoy 

• Like 1

Posted

Scotland often see its best weather much before us, not that exceptional I hope they enjoyed their short summer our turn now.  

After a few days of largely bright and ‘warm’ conditions a fresh breeze, I rate May as quite good, let’s hope remainder of month isn’t bad really struggling to see anything particularly warm, so hope for a change.

17C is below average here now should be seeing high teens consistently and making it in 20s quite easily..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A lovely sunny morning with a completely clear blue sky.  According to my weather station it says that it is raining.  The temperature is 11:6.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, Katrine Basso said:

A lovely sunny morning with a completely clear blue sky.  According to my weather station it says that it is raining.  The temperature is 11:6.

Yes, another beautiful start to the day Katrine. :oldsmile:

Unfortunately the SAT24 satellite shows the cloud just moving out of Holland into the North Sea, set to arrive later this morning and into the afternoon and spoil this lovely run of sunny days.

1263738171_Satellite16May06_40.thumb.jpg.209428b152466148c024ee18e7d61b0a.jpg

https://en.sat24.com/en/

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

After days of almost unbroken sunshine, today, so far, has been more of the same: 14.3C but with a strong easterly wind.:oldgrin:

Posted

Normal service resumed this morning - cloudy and cool for the dog walk at least it’s dry !

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Sunny here! Still that horrible chilly wind which just keeps going on and on and on.

Posted
1 hour ago, Neilsouth said:

Sunny here! Still that horrible chilly wind which just keeps going on and on and on.

lucky you leaden skies here in Surrey with the wind it feels unpleasant - was the only one using the out door pool at David LLoydEpsom !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Vile day here, very gloomy, passing drizzle and a chilly wind

• Like 1

Posted
19 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

lucky you leaden skies here in Surrey with the wind it feels unpleasant - was the only one using the out door pool at David LLoydEpsom !!

That's because it's not very warm at the best of times, IMHO, at that one!

As you say, clouds galore here this morning. If we must have grey skies and this cold nagging wind that has prevailed most of the week even on the sunny days can we at least get some decent rainfall with it, otherwise the unusable weather is just a waste. At a christening in Kent tomorrow; they have a marquee set up which judging by the uncertain forecast in terms of will it won't it rain sounds like a sensible plan. Chelsea flower show on Tuesday, which looks like a decent chance for a pleasant day.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A boring day weather wise.  Cloudy with broken stratus clouds.  Temperature has been falling since the late morning from 17°C down to 15.6.°C.

Posted

A potentially historical Severe-t-storm event is on the cards for the US (Around Oklahoma), on Monday. But guess what...? It falls before the day of my Geography and maths Exam, and because of the Time zones, the thunderstorms would likely begin by around 23:00-01:00 (Late afternoon/early evening in Oklahoma). Sigh... Decisions, decisions... Do I stay up and potentially witness Weather history being made via Live weather cams, or risk being tired-ish for my exams (I operate well on low sleep, provided I get enough a few days prior)...?

We'll see, I suppose. But seriously! A moderate risk issued 3 days in advance? When was the last time that happened?? Just insane prospects, and would likely get upgraded to a high risk nearer the time, and iv'e never had the chance to witness one of THOSE in action before!  And today is looking incredibly dangerous too, across the Texas/Oklahoma/Arkansas area! Very active over there atm!