Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, shotski said:

Her ???

Lassie is a female Collie dog yh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
2 hours ago, snowray said:

Is that your back garden Badger...Looks lovely.

Thank you, yes it is this Badgers set ! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Esher common looking resplendent in late evening sunshine on Easter Sunday 

4B7BFB17-7EB7-4EA9-97F9-F7EED4EA59CD.jpeg

9E11DE1A-7E5B-4FE7-856C-4FA4B06FC383.jpeg

2E096272-831F-45A3-B848-2D7F57F1A22D.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Happy Easter to All , Have to say this is the first time I recall spending a Easter Sunday in the Garden, A lovely Roast Dinner too . 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hope you all had a lovely Easter Sunday. Both myself and my Wife, had a very pleasant walk to our local shops, this morning. There was still a chill in the shade but you could feel the increasing strength of the sun, out of it.

Can't believe that I had to resort to putting on our bedroom fan when I went for my afternoon nap. Our bedroom sits directly above our kitchen and Colette was cooking a Lamb Roast and the heat was beginning to rise, upstairs!! As I stated many times, during last Summer's heatwave, our house is very small and the heat builds very quickly.

Fortunately, Colette had given our 3 fans a Spring clean this morning, as they were covered in thick dust, after last Summer's efforts and I'd warned her about the impending warmth. Our bedroom fan was soon looking spick and span again. It's one of these, bad boys:

image.png.ddeebdc8660802271c3017ed5ad9a95c.png

It was £70 when I bought it a few years ago, from Argos. But it's far and away the best item I've ever bought from Argos.

Poor Colette was sweating "bucket"s dishing up our roast, which was delicious and with all the trimmings!! She's now retreated to bed, as she has come down with a heavy cold and has an early morning shift, at a Residential Care Home in Chislehurst, tomorrow.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

image.png

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 5

Posted

The onset of rain and cooler weather this week is much needed. Past couple of days have been nice but before heading into summer proper a bit of rain is welcomed. Days on end of blue skies gets boring after a while as do overcast gloom fests in November. What I love about our climate is that nothing hangs around for too long. Last summer was brutal. 

Edited by Zesyph
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
13 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Very unstable looking skies this morning... Amazing actually... Hopefully a big thundery break down to come.. 

IMG_20190422_093328.thumb.jpg.e700b5aa3b50d9566800ddff191fdb39.jpg

From what I’ve read so far it’s all going to be to the SW, if anything happens at all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
4 hours ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

From what I’ve read so far it’s all going to be to the SW, if anything happens at all

Today, maybe; over the next few days, it'll be widespread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

I'm back! I had a great caravan holiday, last one until I go abroad for the first ever in my case, in October (Fuetreventura)! What luck we had with the weather this time round, with every day cloudless and at least ~20c! Last time we went on holiday, it was sunny in East Sussex, but Damp and miserable in Winchester, where we were located...

How is everyone today? still recovering from the inevitable chocolate hangover? I still have quite a bit of chocolate to munch my way through, thank god for a fast metabolism & ADHD, eh? I find it nearly impossible to put on any sort of weight, especially when combined with my love of footy. My chocolate hangover will probably bite me tomorrow, when I start to eat healthily & get back into the school routine. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great day, and enjoying the last of the guaranteed dry weather.

Regards, Adam. (L.L.)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

It’s been a beautiful couple of days here and in London. We have been outside from around 09.00 to 17.30 everyday enjoying the sun and heat. I do love this weather but I agree that it will be nice to have a bit of rain for gardens and rivers. 

I popped to Hasting this afternoon and I was quite surprised about how humid it felt, it seems to change really fast when it clouded over and to me it still feels slight humid now. It’s going to be a warm night. It’s been a glorious 22 here today it’s currently 14 still. Does anyone know about the chance of storms in the SE for the next few days? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It has been a perfect Easter weekend with lovely warm and sunny days. Not too warm and not too cold, just right.  This morning the temperature is 16°C and it is expected to go up to 18°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

This morning is very pleasant here in Suffolk. Lovely warm sunshine and a gentle breeze with temp up to 19.3C at 10.25. But the satellite and radar images show the changes afoot though, with a band of developing showers now moving into the Region.

1116318071_Satellite24April10_25.thumb.jpg.e07cfd8723269f8699336b16d11f849b.jpg1560985171_Radar10.2524April.thumb.jpg.29b31a6a4db2a5c6417ef061aab13336.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Lovely and very warm now hazy blue sky, fixing the guttering to our empty water tanks ready for later not holding out any hopes though as we seem to miss all the rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The official temp from the Met Office station at Wattisham Airbase recorded a high of 18C today, but the thermometer got to 20.6C in my back garden. :oldsmile:
On the downside I had to get the watering can out as there were flowers in my garden that were about to expire with dehydration.

I made the mistake of telling my garden that it might see some rain this evening as an area of decent precipitation moved up from the south. But that turned out to be like the curse of telling your friends snow was on the way - the rain band went on to almost completely fizzle out! :oldlaugh:

17.40 coming... 389457179_Radar17.4024April.thumb.jpg.ff05b7a2c6bc57619fae3520ab79f447.jpg 19.25 going... 1473284849_Radar19.2524April.thumb.jpg.1627d8a49396bf93dc607695cdf82267.jpg

20.25 gone.......1550264272_Radar20.0524April.thumb.jpg.fb42a4147d56f6da0b51462332102dfa.jpg

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
36 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

The official temp from the Met Office station at Wattisham Airbase recorded a high of 18C today, but the thermometer got to 20.6C in my back garden. :oldsmile:
On the downside I had to get the watering can out as there were flowers in my garden that were about to expire with dehydration.

I made the mistake of telling my garden that it might see some rain this evening as an area of decent precipitation moved up from the south. But that turned out to be like the curse of telling your friends snow was on the way - the rain band went on to almost completely fizzle out! :oldlaugh:

17.40 coming... 389457179_Radar17.4024April.thumb.jpg.ff05b7a2c6bc57619fae3520ab79f447.jpg 19.25 going... 1473284849_Radar19.2524April.thumb.jpg.1627d8a49396bf93dc607695cdf82267.jpg

20.25 gone.......1550264272_Radar20.0524April.thumb.jpg.fb42a4147d56f6da0b51462332102dfa.jpg

I was also watching that band, its really dry in my garden too.

Indeed, reminds me of how the snow showers fizzle out all time as they head this way in Winter.☺️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

Today was forecast to be a very showery day here in Rye well we haven’t had one shower all day which is quite a surprise.  It started of very grey and chilly, it’s beautiful here now with a slight breeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Will the Storms over the sea make it to our shore?