Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Morning gang! Been so busy recently with work I haven't had time to post much... 

Interesting setup later potentially chasing thunderstorms from the east... Let's hope we can clear some muck and get some sunshine in to spark a few thunderstorms.. Even overnight there could be a few surprises.. 

Even so, away from east coastal areas it could get upto 17c today so feeling a bit muggy from an easterly.... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Looks like East Anglia could see their first proper storms today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Interesting synoptic situation today, heavy showers and possible thunderstorms moving up from the SE. If this was summer, there would likely be some rather severe weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some quite active thunderstorms firing up over Belgium, will they make it over to our region?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
24 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Some quite active thunderstorms firing up over Belgium, will they make it over to our region?

EDIT: got the wrong impression.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

We were pegging hopes on some surface-based convection developing over Kent from sea breeze convergence and diurnal heating.

Murk offa the North Sea hasn’t helped our cause but there’s still hope for some sporadic strikes embedded in the rainband.

Gotta get what we can on this island

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

ECM throwing up prime winter synoptics for cold...if only it wasn't April!, now there's a surprise! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Morning,

well yesterday had hardly any rain, almost missed us totally.

However today is a lovely start to the school holidays, NOT.

Down here we have had almost no rain for 2 to 3 weeks, everything was dry, having to water the new seedlings, not the case now though.

Posted

Much better start today, low mist cleared early on to bright blue skies and quite warm sunshine now, hoping the rain misses here later and we hang onto the sun, as it looks like it’s going to be cooler and cloudier as the week progresses. 

• Like 1

Posted

It's been like November out there for the last two days and now it's raining. Have had to delay sowing salad seeds.

When your Latvian friends are moaning about the spring weather, you know it's really rubbish!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Much better start today, low mist cleared early on to bright blue skies and quite warm sunshine now, hoping the rain misses here later and we hang onto the sun, as it looks like it’s going to be cooler and cloudier as the week progresses. 

It's turned into a better day than I was expecting, BB: long sunny periods with only altocumulus castellanus spoiling the blue; and it's 17.5C!

All downhill from here though...?

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
18 hours ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

We were pegging hopes on some surface-based convection developing over Kent from sea breeze convergence and diurnal heating.

Murk offa the North Sea hasn’t helped our cause but there’s still hope for some sporadic strikes embedded in the rainband.

Gotta get what we can on this island

I flew back from Germany over Belgium and up the Thames Estuary about 6pm last night - It was clear and very warm in Germany but we came in over some very moody looking Cumulonimbus over Belgium as the sun was going down. By the time we were over the channel, it was just thick, grey nastiness. 

• Like 1

Posted

Does anyone know when exactly lightning activity will start over East Anglia?

Posted
22 minutes ago, zmstorm said:

Does anyone know when exactly lightning activity will start over East Anglia?

Not sure if we’ll get lightening but I can tell you clouds are gathering, temps drops a degree or two and winds picked up slightly here and rain is just starting to show on the radar off the EA coast, so you never know.

Edited by Blazerblue

Posted

Tall clouds are building to the north of my location and some decent rain ahead of it, still no lightning activity though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
19 minutes ago, Surrey said:

If the EURO4 is right somewhere south of London might get a decent few flashes of lightning tonight.. 

But it is pretty much on its own... 

Anything could pop up now and tomorrow... 

Not enough sun here, but there have been breaks in the cloud around and about - plus I’m seeing showers popping up on radar in Kent now, so we could see something over the next 2-3 hours before it’s dark...

Really hope so

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

What a fantastic day for 8th April. I've just enjoyed my first teatime pint of the year in the beer garden of my local pub. Here in Hadleigh it got up to 18C this afternoon. :oldsmile:

And here's how it looked across the East. The warmest day of the year so far with Santon Downham peaking at 19.6°C this afternoon.

1346819830_DanHolley08April2019.thumb.jpg.5faaa048a17e34ad294e715e06c7cc4d.jpg

Chart courtesy of Dan Holley, Weatherquest: https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/1115317702049058817

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

What a fantastic day for 8th April. I've just enjoyed my first teatime pint of the year in the beer garden of my local pub. Here in Hadleigh it got up to 18C this afternoon. :oldsmile:

And here's how it looked across the East. The warmest day of the year so far with Santon Downham peaking at 19.6°C this afternoon.

1346819830_DanHolley08April2019.thumb.jpg.5faaa048a17e34ad294e715e06c7cc4d.jpg

Chart courtesy of Dan Holley, Weatherquest: https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/1115317702049058817

Wow , Big difference here it was overcast for much of the day and we had a couple of heavy showers , that is reflected well on the chart you posted as it felt cold in the wind , the sun eventually come out this evening for a while . Looking at the radar it looks like things are starting to develop , maybe a flash or two tonight .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
15 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Wow , Big difference here it was overcast for much of the day and we had a couple of heavy showers , that is reflected well on the chart you posted as it felt cold in the wind , the sun eventually come out this evening for a while . Looking at the radar it looks like things are starting to develop , maybe a flash or two tonight .

Yes, sorry Mark. I should have mentioned the 8C difference between the warmest and coolest places in our Region. There were a couple of factors at play today. First of all the south of the Region was plagued with cloud cover whilst here in Suffolk (and further north into Norfolk) there were decent spells of warm April sunshine, only occasionally turning hazy. But additionally, here in the sweet spot where the highest temps were recorded, the lack of wind also played its part. You can see from the area I've marked on the Meteociel wind chart observation from 15.00 today how the wind flow was gently circulating around the area of highest temps.

820071131_Wind08April15_00.thumb.png.e6c3dcdf48729cf867c88df2b80b2db1.png

• Thanks 1