Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted

Well, clear bright blue skies and sunny early here today, grass frost and car windscreen frozen! Didn’t expect it to be so cold last night. Here’s hoping the sun lasts today and it gets a bit warmer than the rest of the week has been.

Posted

Another sunny and warm day here, it's a shame a large part of the region have not enjoyed the past mostly sunny week but my concern here now is the lack of rainfall locally ground very parched now. how is the rest of the region faring?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
10 hours ago, laddie said:

Another sunny and warm day here, it's a shame a large part of the region have not enjoyed the past mostly sunny week but my concern here now is the lack of rainfall locally ground very parched now. how is the rest of the region faring?

Met Office stats show Winter 2018-19 (Dec, Jan, Feb) a dry one for our Region. East Anglia receiving 82% of typical rainfall based on the 1981-2010 average and the SE 91%.
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries/2019/winter/regional-values

Regional distribution shows up nicely on the graphic, with some parts only receiving between 50% and 70% of normal rainfall:

1920335387_Winter2018-19_rainfall_anomaly_1981-2010.thumb.gif.2725068960dc883b92413779cd32cff2.gif

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries/2019/winter

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

No complaints from me today in this neck of the woods. I spent the whole afternoon on the seafront under cloudless skies, soaking up the warm sunshine. Temperatures locally reached 17.1c.

Tomorrows forecast looks promising but sadly going downhill from there.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
19 hours ago, laddie said:

Quite the opposite here. 

Ground is still soft and it’s wet in shaded areas here from all the recent rain.

We needed the past week to try & dry things up round here. Another beautiful, dry, sunny warm day ahead... bring it on. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

lovely day again here, lots of sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Now reading 17.8C: this year's warmest so far, by a stretch!

Posted
17 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Met Office stats show Winter 2018-19 (Dec, Jan, Feb) a dry one for our Region. East Anglia receiving 82% of typical rainfall based on the 1981-2010 average and the SE 91%.
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries/2019/winter/regional-values

Regional distribution shows up nicely on the graphic, with some parts only receiving between 50% and 70% of normal rainfall:

1920335387_Winter2018-19_rainfall_anomaly_1981-2010.thumb.gif.2725068960dc883b92413779cd32cff2.gif

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries/2019/winter

Yes, we certainly need a wet April and May to avoid summer drought problems in the London area. Next week looking quite lively. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Very nice day today. temperature was around 14c in Bexhill today, It was certainly good for a kickabout!

Posted

What a beautiful day. 

Felt really warm in the sunshine - seems like the cloud has stayed more towards my south.

Gave the grass another trim today. 

Other than a shower on Tuesday Meto has my location dry all next week. Hopefully a continuation of a dry out here from Feb/ early March deluge 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I’ve spent the day in Hastings with the monsters and it was beautiful, there was a slight breeze but nothing to bad. I’m sad that it’s not going to stay this way. From what the charts suggest it’s going down hill from tomorrow. The charts have shown cold and wet weather for around the 8th/9th and I know that’s a long way off but it doesn’t surprise me JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING BREAK that s going to great if the charts get that spot on. 

P.S going in to London with the monsters tomorrow anyone have a clue about how warm it will be, BBC tell me 11 and cloudy and the charts and the mad thread say late teens like today. Anyone got a clue????

Posted
10 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

I’ve spent the day in Hastings with the monsters and it was beautiful, there was a slight breeze but nothing to bad. I’m sad that it’s not going to stay this way. From what the charts suggest it’s going down hill from tomorrow. The charts have shown cold and wet weather for around the 8th/9th and I know that’s a long way off but it doesn’t surprise me JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING BREAK that s going to great if the charts get that spot on. 

P.S going in to London with the monsters tomorrow anyone have a clue about how warm it will be, BBC tell me 11 and cloudy and the charts and the mad thread say late teens like today. Anyone got a clue????

I’d say just stick to your location on Meto app Donna. 

London is looking dry tomorrow and sunny on Monday albeit cooler (this weather can’t hold out for ever this time of year) so to be expected. 

Rain around Tuesday & Wednesday and drier/ damp interludes therafter. 

Bog standard weather beginning of April. 

Making way for another baking hot sunny summer 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

12z GFS para looking pretty extreme, it would be quite a shock to the system after all this springlike weather that we have had. Yes that's next Weds, upto 20cm in places, more snow than we have had all winter put together!

90-574PUK.gif

96-574PUK.gif

96-780PUK.gif

102-780PUK.gif

Posted

Lovely warm day here in the Surrey Hills, almost 20c.  Took the crazy spaniel out this morning for a long enough walk in the local woods.  Early bluebells, lots of spring growth and notably dry underfoot even in the shaded bits.

Anyway, all good warm up preparation for about an hour and 20 of full on squash against someone of  23, 30 years my junior.  Ended as you might expect

Seems to be that most of the SE is a bit down on rainfall vs average 

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

Looking at the MAD thread and the output, it looks like the SE will get a fair amount of rainfall from midweek. Some thundery downpours too. Proper spring weather. 

Posted

Goddamnit, I'm going on a holiday of sorts to Rye in the spring break...  I hope we at least get some decent convection! How is everyone today? Just done all of our clocks.

Posted

Pretty rubbish weather today.  Max of about 11c, cold north easterly breeze, no sun until about 4pm.  Feeble rain shower around 10am.  Hope the Met Office contingency planners forecast is close to the reality, above average temps and below average rain for April to June.  

Posted

Convective weather is saying that there is the potential for a few elevated showers/t-storms tomorrow evening, From a tongue of higher WBPT air mass from France...

Interesting! First elevated/imported convection of the year?

• Like 2

Posted

Well apart from a wet morning Tuesday. Met office still has my location down for a relatively dry week be it rather cloudy. 

Certainly no wash out according to the pros thankfully. 

Posted
13 hours ago, LightningLover said:

Convective weather is saying that there is the potential for a few elevated showers/t-storms tomorrow evening, From a tongue of higher WBPT air mass from France...

Interesting! First elevated/imported convection of the year?

Yes, could be. Met going for heavy showers possible storms in the south and east of the region later this evening and tonight. Next few days look like there could be some lively torrential downpours across the region including the capital. Certainly big change from the last few days. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Signs already that the Atlantic is packing it in (same as last year when we had a Scandy high but with more of a south easterly to it)...question is will it be as dry as last spring?

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

Signs already that the Atlantic is packing it in (same as last year when we had a Scandy high but with more of a south easterly to it)...question is will it be as dry as last spring?

I certainly hope not. There would be some issues if we get a prolonged dry spring after a fairly dry winter. Hopefully this week will be a nice top up. After that, who knows. Met going for unsettled in the medium term, till mid next week. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Ac over head here now.

Same here, have had a thin veil of it all day.