Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted

I thought it was meant to be sunny today, but  like DonnaThw it’s been anything boring day of grey monontony feeling rather chilly this evening

Posted

Wake me up when there is some proper weather. So boring. 

Mind you, at least the marchers got a decent day in London today so that's something. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Actually turned out much better than forecast had a photoshoot in Chislehurst was supposed to be cloudy and was actually quite sunny ... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Great to see so many turn out on the Anti Brexit March.

• Like 4

Posted
30 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Great to see so many turn out on the Anti Brexit March.

And such a nice crowd too! The trains and underground were all packed with people carrying banners, draped in EU flags and wearing home-made EU hats, all so very sweet. Unfortunately our Piccadilly line train from Park Royal to Green Park took 22 minutes to arrive so a LOOOONG journey home with my son from bowling at the Vue in Acton for his friend's birthday (one of the challenges of special needs young adults is that their parents still need to accompany them to most places even as they approach their mid-20s).

But overall another grey day, I suspect in the old days on Netweather this week's weather would have been referred to as a 'dirty high' failing to bring sunshine. Off to Portsmouth tomorrow for the first Special Olympics event of the season, indoors at the Mountbatten Centre, including welcoming home the athletes who just returned from representing the country in the world games in Abu Dhabi last week. A bit of pleasant weather wouldn't go amiss for the drive, although perhaps not too much sunshine on the windscreen. No pleasing some eh;)

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I decided to get out in the garden today, as usual the weather was grey it started to rain but I only  felt a drop here and there for an hour or so then all of a sudden we ended up having drizzle which made everything wet including me (how does drizzle get you so wet?  It finally brightened up here around 3/4 o’clock and it turned in to a lovely calm evening. 

We are taking my daughter out for a birthday treat tomorrow so I’m hoping it’s going to stay nice and we can spend the day outside playing.

Posted

At least a little brightness seen been a very grey and monotone week ever since that lovely February warm spell packed off it’s been awful, the anti brexit crowd didn’t need that today. Roll on summer. :nonono:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Perfect day today, pleasant sunshine and lovely feeling temperatures. Please more like this for summer and not those horrible oppressive temperatures we had last summer. 

Edited by shotski
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Beautiful day here. 

Just cut the grass for the first time since October. 

Roll on summer 2019. 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, shotski said:

Perfect day today, pleasant sunshine and lovely feeling temperatures. Please more like this for summer and not those horrible oppressive temperatures we had last summer. 

Oh god I hope not. Some people are already out in shorts and it's only 14c. Showing off their spindly white legs. Got a feeling we could be in for a washout summer, according to some of the 'experts' round the allotment too. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Oh god I hope not. Some people are already out in shorts and it's only 14c. Showing off their spindly white legs. Got a feeling we could be in for a washout summer, according to some of the 'experts' round the allotment too. 

Oh, God, I hope not. I don't want either a washout summer or a drought.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Stunning today. Blue sky and warm sunshine.

A nice dry week ahead with no rain or wind in sight. Perfect. 

Got a feeling this summer is going to deliver another beaut. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

If there's driving hail and sleet on the day les petits marcheurs hit London (April 12?) I'll be happy! :oldgood:

• Like 2

Posted

such a super day but a reminder about skin care - no kidding sat in a pub garden from midday to about 2.30pm in East Horsley quite a fresh breeze and I am so sunburnt !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
12 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

such a super day but a reminder about skin care - no kidding sat in a pub garden from midday to about 2.30pm in East Horsley quite a fresh breeze and I am so sunburnt !!

I got a slight tan from the warm spell in Feb, so now will sure give a you a really good glow on.
However with todays cold easterly its not a shirt off day unlike yesterday, in the garden working that is, not parading down the sea front. 

• Like 1

Posted

the uv levels are medium today which is quite high relatively un protected skin can burn in 30 mins , which its quite easy to clock up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I'm surprised the pollen count is still low baring in mind the blossom out everywhere. I'm normally in full on hayfever mode when the pollen is out but nothing yet.

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
1 hour ago, Lauren said:

I'm surprised the pollen count is still low baring in mind the blossom out everywhere. I'm normally in full on hayfever mode when the pollen is out but nothing yet.

Funny you should say that, as my hayfever usually kicks in around the end of May, beginning of June and this year I've been having symptoms on and off for the past few weeks - never have I ever had it so early in the year. 

Edited by EWS

Posted

Second frost in 3 days here this morning after a low of -0.1c. Shame the forecast is for more cloud cover the next few days.

And an odd coincidence - having just read the comments above regarding pollen, a hayfever warning due to moderate pollen counts just flashed up at the top of my phone. 

Both my partner and my son are already suffering mildly so that’s them back in the meds’ for the season!

Posted
2 hours ago, lottiekent said:

Second frost in 3 days here this morning after a low of -0.1c. Shame the forecast is for more cloud cover the next few days.

And an odd coincidence - having just read the comments above regarding pollen, a hayfever warning due to moderate pollen counts just flashed up at the top of my phone. 

Both my partner and my son are already suffering mildly so that’s them back in the meds’ for the season!

Yes, coindidentally I got one from the MO on my phone too this morning, saying the pollen count was due to go from medium to high in the next few days  

Edited by EWS

Posted

Enjoying the sunshine and blue skies although it is somewhat tempered by a cold breeze; and yes, it's that time of year when the temperature differentials between early morning and mid-afternoon make clothes planning more complicated. Re: pollen, my husband and I are finding it increasingly difficult to breathe in the evenings and overnight, a sure sign the hay fever season is kicking in - as others have said, time for the search for meds to manage it through until October. Waking up at 2am night after night with a parched throat and completely blocked nose destroys my sleep quality for months on end and leaves me groggy until midday. Anyone with suggestions for remedies, do let me know. 

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1