Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted

Pleasant end to the day. Scattered cumulus and alto cumulus with a slight breeze from WNW Temperature 5.7, dp 3. Pressure 1000.8 rising slowly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

My cringe feel, continues this evening of the media hype of naming a low pressure system as a storm. 

Max wind gusts to 55mph over the next couple of days according to BBC Look East across our region 

Wish we could go back to the good old days when it was just known as a Gusty/windy period. Nothing more. 

Storm Gareth might manage to lift my wheelie bin lid - watch out!!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
2 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

My cringe feel, continues this evening of the media hype of naming a low pressure system as a storm. 

Max wind gusts to 55mph over the next couple of days according to BBC Look East across our region 

Wish we could go back to the good old days when it was just known as a Gusty/windy period. Nothing more. 

Storm Gareth might manage to lift my wheelie bin lid - watch out!!!! 

Shocker!

Posted

Bloody Nora, it's windy out there. Took me almost an entire box of matches to light my fag, then seconds later the damn thing was whipped out of my hand, over the garden fence and up and away. Brrrrr. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Snapped this little beaut just outside of LIttlehampton yesterday

DSC_0420.thumb.JPG.ad5a7706acc6965cf0826f8709c55ada.JPGDSC_0421.thumb.JPG.bf46ebf651deaf51373bb38e612aaa94.JPG

Edited by tomp456
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Just went on the Mod thread for the first time in weeks - STILL  a few on there believing we're going to get winter proper from the odd rogue run, never fails to amaze me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There have been some gusty windy weather at 2pm.  Yesterday was the worst for windy weather but not as bad as it was on Sunday which was an unnamed low. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Highest gust today 56 mph, that was earlier this morning. Highest gust yesterday 60 mph. Highest gust Sunday 86, mind you I think the station went off on one on that, although the gust was strong.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
22 hours ago, Surrey said:

Then there is tomorrow then how about Saturday.... Getting a bit of de ju vu here.. 

gustkph_20190313_06_081.thumb.jpg.dd8d3773da51e99430b809eb079fbec6.jpg

Has this downgraded yet for Saturday as that looks pretty punchy across the Thames Valley / /south east/ south coast - storm Hannah for Saturday then !!? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Another Yellow warning winds were as breezy as yesterday but seemed to have died down.  There has been quite a bit of heavy rain early on this morning 7:00 am to 7:30 am.

Posted

Very nasty gust front/shower just moved through near Cambridge - the windiest spell yet. Definitely going to cause some damage somewhere or another.... proper downpour to go with it too! Wow

No exact measurements but wind gusting at least 50mph+ for a short spell 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
On 12/03/2019 at 12:17, WhiteFox said:

Sorry the box won’t clear. 

I hate this weather, grey wet and windy, I think my little girl has spent more time on her bum than on two feet in the week or so. I have been busy and so haven’t been weather watching as much but mum told me we have another storm front moving on over Friday/Saturday.  I’m hoping that this arm air will push in and we will all be wearing flip flops and sunglasses by the Starr of next week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Vicious 15 minutes of intense rain, hail and powerful wind gusts. Ours was a separate one, slightly south of the one hitting Cambridge that @Matty88 mentioned. Very clear incoming on the radar so able to delay taking the dog out -thank goodness. Now have paddling pools on lawn and drive with bright sunshine. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Its not really that windy here, but sounds like the cold front is windy, let's see what happens when that gets here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Dry, quite sunny and breezy, after a brief spell of annoying rain...9.6C.

Posted

Torrential downpours here in South London now for the past hour. Gone extremely dark too. Very gusty winds. 

Met Office forecast was for 'isolated showers'. They really need to sort their you know what out. 

Posted

There was another heavy downpour of rain approx 11 am which lasted about half an hour.  There were gusty winds too.  I have noticed that rain and wind appear together and when the rain stops, the wind then dies down.

Posted

I have problems getting accurate weather forecasts due to the Gravesend-Broadness Met Office weather station is not working and I do not know if the Met Office has either moved the weather station or gets the data from a different area.