Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted

Awesome day here. In a time where many of us complain about the Met Office issuing warnings too easily, we have had the opposite today. We had a yellow that should have been at least an orange, possibly even a red. Trees down, roofs damaged, flights cancelled. All from out of the blue as far as I was aware.

Posted

Morning

So a lively day yesterday for everyone! A few trees down locally and also down in town. The ones in town though seemed to have snapped close to their base, rather than toppling - anyone know why?

Still breezy this morning, but sunny and currently 2.5c after a low of 1.9c.

Edited by lottiekent
Spelling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
9 hours ago, Spikey M said:

Awesome day here. In a time where many of us complain about the Met Office issuing warnings too easily, we have had the opposite today. We had a yellow that should have been at least an orange, possibly even a red. Trees down, roofs damaged, flights cancelled. All from out of the blue as far as I was aware.

Very odd when others have been named and this was not. Fences down and even some bricks moved by the wind in my garden! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Still windy here, and it's a cold wind to boot, but nothing like yesterday. Lovely and warm if you get sheltered from the wind in a sunny spot though.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

One of the worst Winters I can remember, the odd snow flake but mostly Cold/ Wet and Windy.. Very frustrating and very depressing  Cancelled so many plans because of it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

We had a decent snow event over the course of a weekend which gave a snow fix. Quite glad not to have the Beast from the East this year. Quite happy for Summer to arrive now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The calm  before the sun as today was a lovely sunny day with light blustery winds. Storm Gavin is set to come to Thurrock in the early hours of Tuesday.  Wind gusts have been forecasted to be on average 39/40 miles per hour as forecasted on Sunday which yellow warning was lifted and was not a named storm.

Watching tomorrow morning/lunch time for quite an active squall line...

Arome 11am... Clear hall marks of a very well defined squall line..

688836092_arome1.thumb.jpg.4e294f0b7233de01a004c965051eee17.jpg

EURO4

30989222_EURO41.thumb.gif.10474649397380e5a5dccb898cf323f3.gif

arpege 

1744067880_ARPEGE1.thumb.jpg.460b949cb31579fd5b3a8605d0cc305d.jpg

Timing pretty similar as time on this varies by an hour or so... mid morning / lunch time..

As often the case with these squall lines its usually the back edge that provides the strongest of winds.. 

What is more concerning is somewhere in the south east more so kent looks to catch quite a nasty spell 

1195496351_arome2wind.thumb.jpg.58d7f10420e1e16a886a51be22fb5667.jpg  1853438001_AROME3WIND.thumb.jpg.63fd90bccd1c471db81a763f49312386.jpg

GFS

1546378911_WINDGFS.thumb.jpg.873b5d0af5ee9d7c15c4fc97ee8c687e.jpg

Approaching 70mph on the south coast.. 

• Like 2

Posted

just seen local  weather  they wild weather coming  it looks  like

• Like 1

Posted

i am  surprised how quiet it is  i e  what could be coming our way Tuesday  Wednesday  this would  be busy here  to night

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

it's currently just a yellow warning so probs people are just shrugging there shoulders and thinking nothing will happen - but given what happened on Sunday morning with limited warnings who knows ..!!

• Like 2

Posted

Could be a bit messy late morning early afternoon tomorrow. Warning smay be updated in the morning but may be a bit late by then. But as you say Badger, who knows!!? Kind of lost faith in forecasts and forecasters recently, even very short range. 

• Like 2

Posted
28 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Could be a bit messy late morning early afternoon tomorrow. Warning smay be updated in the morning but may be a bit late by then. But as you say Badger, who knows!!? Kind of lost faith in forecasts and forecasters recently, even very short range. 

I agree - on Sunday all trains were canx between Guildford and clapham junction , tomorrow I just can't decide to go into London or not if it goes amber in the morning ,will probably mean pre emptive closures of lines but who knows !!??

Posted
2 hours ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Maybe unrelated but the council have rocked up in the last 30 minutes and making an almighty noise cutting down trees. Seems strange to be doing it now!

May be it's not unrelated. If they think they may be weak for some reason, sick or something. But I don't like the amount of trees we cut down, we need them.

• Like 3

Posted

Well. I took a look at my fence today, and bid a farewell as I am pretty sure the last panel standing is going to disappear come tomorrow eve! 

The wind scares me more than any other weather, not sure why? Maybe it's the unpredictability and chaos it can cause.

Certainly not a day to be going for a paddle... 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
3 hours ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Maybe unrelated but the council have rocked up in the last 30 minutes and making an almighty noise cutting down trees. Seems strange to be doing it now!

There has been a major increase in Ash tree disease - lots of ash trees coming down, and maybe prioritised due to incoming Gareth?

Posted

very  windy  here  don't know how  long  before a main bridge gets shut  over  the a 14  and  this is before the  main stuff  gets  here

Edited by tinybill
  • Like 1

Just heard the first proper gust here come down the chimmeny.. 

Intresting it's really a 2 stage attack this storm and what worries me is our first wave this morning outside of any warning COULD be more vicious than the actual storm itself later tonight and tomorrow.. 

However, I'm expecting the met to issue a warning for this morning for parts of Kent etc which remains the focus for any violent gusts of wind from the squall line.. 

Then a brief lull before the next batch of winds comes in.. 

Then we have Thursday and Saturday to deal with.. 

Posted
59 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Just heard the first proper gust here come down the chimmeny.. 

Intresting it's really a 2 stage attack this storm and what worries me is our first wave this morning outside of any warning COULD be more vicious than the actual storm itself later tonight and tomorrow.. 

However, I'm expecting the met to issue a warning for this morning for parts of Kent etc which remains the focus for any violent gusts of wind from the squall line.. 

Then a brief lull before the next batch of winds comes in.. 

Then we have Thursday and Saturday to deal with.. 

Indeed...only XC Weather going with stronger gusts at lunchtime today....

Posted
2 hours ago, leedsnowfan said:

Indeed...only XC Weather going with stronger gusts at lunchtime today....

Wind is already strengthening here, not sure how far it will go.

Strong gusts averaging at around 50 mph now, actual squall bound to have some stronger gusts within it, unless it doesn't squall that is.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
2 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Wind is already strengthening here, not sure how far it will go.

Strong gusts averaging at around 50 mph now, actual squall bound to have some stronger gusts within it, unless it doesn't squall that is.

Can't see it not squalling now! Just about to hit here in Reading, so watching with interest.

• Like 1

Posted

The squall line seems to be intensifying on the southern flank over the past fifteen minutes or so. Could be very nasty as it passes over.

Screenshot_2019-03-12-11-34-10-913_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.thumb.png.6b4cb53de2396d3226666301bc09ce81.png

Posted

No amber warning ⚠️ trains are running so it would seem nothing too untoward for our region ..!?