Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
40 minutes ago, EWS said:

Lots of trees down locally, recycling bins flying and we had a brief 20 minute power cut about an hour ago, when the gusts seemed to be at their strongest. I think after the last named storm which didn't seem that bad in my neck of the woods, I underestimated today's offering!

I'm not surprised that there are trees down, I underestimated todays winds too, its been terrible here, still some strong gusts now.

Edited by snowray
  • Like 3

Posted
37 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

think the worst is over now, gusts are at around 50, and the average wind speed has dropped too.

I thought the worst had passed but we're getting some really fierce squally showers now. A few trees down in the local area and loads of smaller branches littering the country lanes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The yellow wind warning for Thurrock has been lifted as when I went on the Met Office website, there was no sign of a yellow warning.  There are 48 mile gusts but would have probably been much stronger earlier on in the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wind still gusting in the 50s here, no showers as yet, but if at 50 without them, could be some more 60+ during those.

Posted

No idea how there's no warnings in place here. Numerous trees down, a house had its roof lifted a few roads away, the roads are covered in debris. Southend Airport has had to cancel flights and Adventure Island has had to close.

No warning at all in place. Ridiculous.

Posted
Just now, Spikey M said:

No idea how there's no warnings in place here. Numerous trees down, a house had its roof lifted a few roads away, the roads are covered in debris. Southend Airport has had to cancel flights and Adventure Island has had to close.

No warning at all in place. Ridiculous.

Southend was under the yellow warning?

Posted
7 minutes ago, Dbarb said:

Southend was under the yellow warning?

If so, I didn't get notified by the app. But even so, it is still very windy out there, so I don't think it should have been lifted. Also, I don't think a Yellow warning was enough judging by the damage round here.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

If so, I didn't get notified by the app. But even so, it is still very windy out there, so I don't think it should have been lifted. Also, I don't think a Yellow warning was enough judging by the damage round here.

Some powerfull gusts earlier for sure now with these showers building we will see what they bring. If Tuesdays low tracks further south things could be interesting.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, Kiwi said:

I thought the worst had passed but we're getting some really fierce squally showers now. A few trees down in the local area and loads of smaller branches littering the country lanes.

Well we had Summer in February now it's more like Autumn in March!

Just had a really impressive hail shower, everything turned white for a while thought it was snowing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Now chucking it down with hail!

Posted

Huge hail storm here pelting it down some big stones.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Causing more disruption locally with trees down,dislodged maisonary on buildings, transport delays, the list goes on.

Can't recall a named storm this winter that had impacts listed for the SE causing so many issues.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Had a brief moderate rain shower earlier, with some Graupel and hail mixing in occasionally. Very active day!

Posted

Is it me or are the winds getting stronger again?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Went out for a walk to see if there was any damage, there wasn't really any at all apart from some broken twigs and 1 or 2 branches. But I did manage to get a nice picture of a dissipating rain shower when I was in the fields

IMG_1311.thumb.JPG.977f4aa9aea0af1749b25d7f02db2cb6.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 hours ago, Surrey said:

Loads of trees down now in my local area.. @stainesbloke prune Hill blocked... 

I don’t live in the Green anymore mate. But all the damage to trees is one reason why I don’t like strong winds much. Was quite wild for a bit but seems to be moderating slowly. Parts of France, Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany are getting battered by 70-80mph gusts. Am surprised this storm wasn’t named?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

I am  a big fan of the met office but something seems to have gone wrong today with the warnings today , impactful and significant transport disruption across the trains and a significant number of trees down in Surrey here in Fairmile Cobham the roads are literally covered in branches and leaves , I can't understand why it wasn't named with an amber warning ...? 

• Like 1

Posted

Well that was an eventful afternoon!! My fence has gone down on both sides, bins everywhere,trellis down. The gusts were INSANE! went out for a short walk and my car was surrounded by some pretty huge branches that had come down. Surprised it hadn't smashed my screen! Is Tuesday expected to be as gusty for us?

• Like 2