Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
9 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Well if they are not sure what's going to happen this weekend weatherwise, 36/48 hours out,forecasting really has come a long way hasnt it. Not! 

Morning all,

Well W88, having just seen a recording of MeteoGroup's  Weather For The Week Ahead (with Ben Rich), they're still not sure what's going to happen over the Weekend??

The burning question of the Forecast seemed to be Straight Isobars or Kinky Isobars??

Having viewed the 00z Model runs, still some large disagreement between the Models. UKMO, GFS (old and new) both go for a very Kinky, outcome.

00z UKMO SUN.10th MARCH(t48)

image.thumb.png.a7ce3aad365bf3e11de2006a9aa5d593.png

00z  GFS (old) SUN.10th MARCH(t48)

image.thumb.png.d44d263f938941a256d8ca09b590bf85.png

Meanwhile the 00z ICON run, makes much less of this feature that's expected to zip across the South of the U.K.But you can make out a disturbance in the flow, as the Isobars have opened out.

00z ICON SUN.10th MARCH (t48)

image.thumb.png.4f5737f8de4a2f0555bb43d0a8a03823.png

Just caught the 00z ECM version of events and they seem to be siding with ICON, making much less of this feature but opening up the Isobars, somewhat.

00z ECM SUN.10th MARCH (t48)

image.thumb.png.2963c9fdb635e87f8f172169c55f6cf0.png

This has all the hallmarks, of going "down to the wire". Having spoken to local Meteorologist Ian Currie, a few weeks ago, he is of the opinion that the UKMO is the top Model, at this sort of range.

We don't have long, to find out.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

image.png

Edited by TomSE12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I got a sleet shower yesterday, came on to see if anyone north of me hot snow, I guess not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,fairly warm in summer

at least it looks dry for the hull fc v leeds rhinos game tonight.thank god rugby league is back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nice morning here but grey grot has now covered the sky.

Posted
2 hours ago, MIKE LEVITT said:

at least it looks dry for the hull fc v leeds rhinos game tonight.thank god rugby league is back.

Has our patch moved over night?

• Like 1

Posted

Miserable rain and sort of half heartedly windy in Reigate.  Deeply boring.  If it was October I'd sort of put up with it on the basis it might (but probably wouldn't)  be the precursor to wintry stuff, but in March?  No ta.  Warm and sunny with the odd storm, until November please.  That's November 2021 if you don't mind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Well maybe winter has a last hurrah before the equinox.... Let's hope so there was certainly a sleety element to what was falling when I drove home from Dorking earlier....

Was looking at the mad thread earlier and there's more swinging than a party in the 1970s.... But the gist seems that there is potential for some winteriness especially further north.... But wouldn't take much of correction south surely??? After all @TomSE12 has posted some fantastic pictures of snow events in March and April from all over the SE over the years... Anyway I'm crossing all appendages in the run up to leading my school ski trip to Serre Chevalier at the end of the month...

• Like 2

Posted

Was thinking of something else, Tuesday does look a problem. The storm really winds up, then over Wednesday looks to move se then into the north sea, into Norway. Will be much worse in the north than here.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

So are the Met warnings for wind down here? I don't bother looking at their site since they obviously let a 12 year old redesign it. Rubbish site now. 

12c here now and sunny. 

Not  'wet windy wintry' as the headline on this site depicts. Hope this lot aren't going down the sensational route!? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Weather looking good for the Gammonball Run, from Sunderland to London, that starts next Saturday...?

• Like 1

Posted
53 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

So are the Met warnings for wind down here? I don't bother looking at their site since they obviously let a 12 year old redesign it. Rubbish site now. 

12c here now and sunny. 

Not  'wet windy wintry' as the headline on this site depicts. Hope this lot aren't going down the sensational route!? 

Tuesdays ate for northern Ireland only, Wednesday for most of england bar the far north and scotland. It slides south east. Could still move further north or South, but I think unlikely this time. 

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Weather looking good for the Gammonball Run, from Sunderland to London, that starts next Saturday...?

Haha, I need a laughing reaction to join the like and thanks buttons for this one! 

One of my least favourite driving conditions right now, proper squally shower followed by beautiful sun shine and super dazzling roads.

Proper blustery. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

12c here now and sunny. 

50-55 mph mate, same old, same old - friends and family just laugh at these endless warnings over mostly normal weather.  When we get some genuine life threatening conditions, they will all be caught out.  Crazy.

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Weather looking good for the Gammonball Run, from Sunderland to London, that starts next Saturday...

Well if its wet I dare say there is a Wetherspoons for them to take shelter in. They like a Wetherspoons that lot. 

• Like 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

Haha, I need a laughing reaction to join the like and thanks buttons for this one! 

One of my least favourite driving conditions right now, proper squally shower followed by beautiful sun shine and super dazzling roads.

Proper blustery. 

Really strong gusts over this side, every few minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It's quite blustery in South Ockendon where the winds are 26 miles per along with gusts of 40 miles per hour 13:33. There is a yellow warning for tomorrow and the winds gusts are forecasted to be 47 miles per hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
55 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

Windy in my garden, doh. 

DSC_2081.JPG

Yikes! I wish I could help with the clean-up operation...

Posted
2 hours ago, LightningLover said:

Yikes! I wish I could help with the clean-up operation...

Shame it fell as the birds used to congregate and feed in it. Ah well the birds loss is the log burners gain. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, runboy said:

So what's the guess on snow depth from the yellow weather warning overnight? 2cm tops?

A slushy 1cm if you're lucky above 100m ASL, a little bit more over the Welsh hills / southern Pennines. Hardly anything at lower levels.