Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These I just took of the storm that just came over frome about 20 mins ago  looks like more to come     

This was sent by a friend heading to Wotton u Edge this morning. VID-20191114-WA0000.mp4

Decided to pop down to Mudeford quay  to enjoy this beautiful evening!  Took my camera along and was treated to the amazing display of noctilucent clouds, obviously others have posted about them alrea

Posted Images

Still plenty of lightning, thunder and rain down in Glawstershire, in fact it just started hammering down. Luckily, not got to be in work until 2pm.

Bill

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

Still plenty of lightning, thunder and rain down in Glawstershire, in fact it just started hammering down. Luckily, not got to be in work until 2pm.

Bill

Round two starting up. Very heavy rain. So far, thunder and lightning not as intense but its definitely a cracking storm by normal standards.

1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Still awake as no sleep possible here with it still being 20.7°C outside. ?

We shall crave that, come Winter? I'm very glad my veg has had a nice deep watering. Not every day/night you see lighting so frequent and bright that it makes you duck, so this sultry period is just marvellous. ?

• Like 1

Well we had a short yet punchy storm here 2310-2345 in Plymouth.  The main cell obviously moved over Lyme Bay towards Exeter but boy did it pelt down here during that period.

Loads of lightning towards the East after our storm had moved. Estofex got it spot on, we were on the boarder so it was welcomed!

Suns coming up now- hopefully the humidity of the last 2 days will have been reduced a bit!

Hmm, well we have to be thankful for what was provided, with a high based storm before midnight, but a mere 1.6mm of rain so nothing to write home about as severe by any means. Certainly seems the further north you were the more intense the storms were, but that was a given anyway I think.

Current the same as the overnight low of 17.9°C at: 06:20 with a RH92 %..

Edited by Dorsetbred

7mm in total from last night, so not too much. Had the one main cell pass overhead around midnight which was absolutely spectacular. Then rapid formations just a little too far east to be direct hits, but still plenty of lightning/thunder around. Already over 20 °C and much warmer than that in the house! 

What a night! Beautiful lightning displays. Briefly had some torrential rain at about 01.30 from storm number 2. Very little in the way of thunder though.

Overall very impressive and more similar to July 2013 than the 2014/17 storms.

0.6mm rain from the small cell around 23.30, then nothing except a spectacular light show to the NE/E/SE which was continuous and had distant low rumbles in.  Suspect I missed some of the later lightning as out bedroom faces NE and we were able to get back to sleep shortly after midnight.

Having been to Florida a few times before and later this year again, I've seen a fair few thunderstorms and I can officially say that I have never seen that much electricity in the sky. Constant rumbling and flashes every second. Then the rain hit and some massive gusts of wind. That is the best thunderstorm I have ever seen. ?️

• Like 2

That thundery spell started about 11:30pm here and finished at 1:30am
A nice little show of lightning with a few rumbles of Thunder.
1.5mm of rain before midnight and 9mm after.
It was still 25.6c at midnight, a low of 20.5c at 5am.
Another blue start to the day, 23.5c, 1012 hpa, very light WSW wind.

Met office have it down as 23°C for the max here at around 2pm. It's currently 25°C. Low humidity though, just 55%.

1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Met office have it down as 23°C for the max here at around 2pm. It's currently 25°C. Low humidity though, just 55%.

Ah well that's in keeping as I picked up 27.1°C at: 10:56

Beautiful stormy evening last night. Storms arrived at around 11.30pm and lasted to around 2am. From the radar, I counted 3 separate cells that formed one behind the other to give near continuous lightning throughout! Only 1mm of rain fell last night, given the elevated nature of these storms last night.

Low last night was 17.8C but was still 25C at midnight last night, was a long time since I've seen that here.

Currently sunny with a light Southerly breeze, 27.2C. Humidity has dropped slightly since yesterday, sat at 59%.

Edited by Dean E

Back to sunny and warm rather than hot again today and with a change in wind direction the sea breeze is back so it’s actually quite a lot cooler than yesterday. 21.2°C