Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Absolutely beautiful, the last hour or so! Can I have some more, please?

I can hear rain approaching and see intense fall streaks in the lightning.

Absolute pyrotechnics here in Corfe Castle!!!!! 

Never seen so much electrical activity the Sky is so charged its  ridiculous!!!

So I'm in Aylesbury and to my south I can see the sky lightning up from those cells over Bournemouth. I find that absolutely insane 😲

Lots of lightening to the west, but no noise.

Can see lightning all around me here not heard a single rumble of thunder yet though.

It wasn’t rain, it was wind on a gust front! Stars shining in between the cells and C-C lightning among the striving once gust front passed!

Wow, direct hit! Constant lightning, torrential rain, gusty winds. Absolute treat! 

Gotta love that gap, every year the same thing lol wonder what it is

Unbelievable amount of lightning here but a lot of it is so elevated that you can't see many forks.

Unbelievable! Torrential rain alternating between hail and rain, gusty winds, rapid flashes, distant booms and the smell of petrichor!

The speed of the storm is incredible too. Rain barely wetted the ground but probably a downpour the other side of Warminster. Ideal situation for zooming right in on the net weather radar and lightning maps.

No direct hit here as usual. Just a slight few drops of rain, nothing measurable.

Loud cracks of thunder, lightening and now heavy rain. Stoke Gifford, N Bristol.

6 minutes ago, Adam Parker said:

BA247 LONDON to SAO PAULO just flown up over the middle of Wales to get around the Thunder/lightning.

That is some dogleg it did, there's nothing in the air west of Brighton as far Devon, planes and thunderstorms don't go well together lol.

Now down to 23.4 here following a heavy shower or two accompanied by the widespread thunder and lightning displays, so no UK record for me tonight!

Edited by DaveL

We've had at least an hour of thunder and lightning now. They are back building everytime one passes!

Not as much lightning now but still a few bursts of very heavy rain. Not enough rain to measure though as it only lasted a few seconds at a time.