South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These I just took of the storm that just came over frome about 20 mins ago  looks like more to come     

This was sent by a friend heading to Wotton u Edge this morning. VID-20191114-WA0000.mp4

Decided to pop down to Mudeford quay  to enjoy this beautiful evening!  Took my camera along and was treated to the amazing display of noctilucent clouds, obviously others have posted about them alrea

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, jtay said:

Go and stand outside looking South. I was literally going inside and there was a flash over my shoulder. 

I've come back out and it's pretty constant. 

Gonna go & sit outside for a while then, not like I’m going to get much sleep! Currently camped downstairs as too hot upstairs & hubby sleeps with winter tog duvet?? & the dogs currently hogging all my sleeping bag? 

There's another small cell popping up over Poole. Not sure whether to wander over the fields to check out the flashing to the South/South East, or wait to see if the Poole cell sparks up. 

Getting bitten to b*ggery in the garden, so might go for a walk.

• Like 1

Planes from the south to the London area airports are all diverting west of their usual flightpath to avoid the large cells south of the Isle of Wight. This means they are all heading over my house GRRRR lol, Easyjet from Ibiza made a huge dogleg.

They won't be doing it much longer though as I can see lightning flashes approaching and just hear the thunder now.

Air temperature has gone up in the last half hour, currently 26.2 as warmer air from my NNE is pulled in by the storms. Clouds are now increasing from the south.

Edited by DaveL
6 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Do you hear the thunder? @jtay

Possibly distant booms. Not sure.

Constant lightning to the SSE and now SW. 

I am currently stood somewhere in a field, in Wiltshire.

It’s a weird feeling sitting outside this time of day in this country & it being so warm watching a lightning show with no noise

Edited by Calneee

The rain has arrived! Temperature went up even more, to 26.5, thunder and lightning galore!

Planes now making wild diversions up to Basingstoke to get round it lol

Chickenpox radinfall radar in south Hampshire, many many small cells!

Edited by DaveL