Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

31 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

I am planning a venture to the coast tomorrow, hopefully that forecasted mist and low cloud doesn't hang around too long. Also plan on avoiding the A338 as I bet it'll be heathing.

A338 flow into Bmth is pretty reasonable at the moment, roadworks aren’t impeding flow. Will just be the grockles ?

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These I just took of the storm that just came over frome about 20 mins ago  looks like more to come     

This was sent by a friend heading to Wotton u Edge this morning. VID-20191114-WA0000.mp4

Decided to pop down to Mudeford quay  to enjoy this beautiful evening!  Took my camera along and was treated to the amazing display of noctilucent clouds, obviously others have posted about them alrea

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

I am planning a venture to the coast tomorrow, hopefully that forecasted mist and low cloud doesn't hang around too long. Also plan on avoiding the A338 as I bet it'll be heathing.

And don't forget the SPECS camera's are now live...

Meanwhile back on the topic of discussion..as the skies are clearing and the sun has broken through..

Currently RH79 %, Humidex 29.3°C

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Yep...

image.thumb.png.1da21ab011fe1c53afba688f8cf10f9d.pngimage.thumb.png.32afda877bf7b7d1fd40b1e0178e76b4.png

Whose version it that, Scott?  I think I prefer the MetO version personally!

The BBC forecast on the six o’clock news looked quite promising for tomorrow night for our region. Look forward to seeing what Ian has to say shortly.

Lack of any UKMO warnings at the moment does make you wonder if it’s going to be anything of note. But then again maybe because there aren’t it will be!

Cleared up here in the end, a lovely still evening however satellite imagery shows patches of fog rapidly expanding in the channel, going to be a mega gloomy start again tomorrow

1 hour ago, bathweatherwatcher said:

The BBC forecast on the six o’clock news looked quite promising for tomorrow night for our region. Look forward to seeing what Ian has to say shortly.

Lack of any UKMO warnings at the moment does make you wonder if it’s going to be anything of note. But then again maybe because there aren’t it will be!

Being in UKMO TS warning is a curse. They’ve issued some terrible forecasts recently hopefully they’ll do a better job this time around.....

Very intrigued to see how it pans out tomorrow.

We are camping in Stratford upon Avon, our glamping hut is SO toasty this evening. Tomorrow evening sounds like it'll be even more unbearable, 33deg is the daytime high forecast!

Mostly I'm interested to see how the potential storms pan out. It's been a very long time since we were underneath anything special in the Kingsbridge area of the South Hams. 

Only saving grace not being home is that it looks like storm action will be pretty widespread, so expecting a tough night with the kids if that's the case ?

Edited by Super_Uwe
Add a bit
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

Ugh drizzling though thick fog16/16c going to lose/waste a lot of heating time again this morning. 

Morning All, yes tiz foggy this morning, thicker over where I live in Poole than in Bournemouth, and the view out over the channel is...not there. Nice sight with the sun peering through. Currently 13.9°C and the RH is as expected, HIGH, currently @ 97 %, Humidex 16.9°C

Edited by Dorsetbred

One of the quickest clearances in history. Walked into son’s preschool to drop him off in 400m vis fog, walked out 5-7mins later to almost clear blue skies.