Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These I just took of the storm that just came over frome about 20 mins ago  looks like more to come     

This was sent by a friend heading to Wotton u Edge this morning. VID-20191114-WA0000.mp4

Decided to pop down to Mudeford quay  to enjoy this beautiful evening!  Took my camera along and was treated to the amazing display of noctilucent clouds, obviously others have posted about them alrea

Posted Images

A bit disappointed with today's max temp here. 25.8°C

Everywhere around me saw temps much higher. Very strange.

Corfe Mullen:  28.8°C
Weymouth:     29.8°C
Christchurch:  29.1°C
Bournemouth: 28.5°C
Fordingbridge: 29.6°C
Broadstone:     27.9°C

• Like 2

Highest I got here was 29.6°C today at 4pm, smashed my June records dating back to 2011 by at least 2°C. 

Not sure what to expect tomorrow. Winds are slack, but expect a sea breeze to develop after lunchtime. This will reduce my temperatures here. If not, I may beat today's temperature!

Currently 16.8°C and humidity rising once again.

Edited by Dean E
  • Like 1

Temperature shooting up already now the suns out, 19c and already risen 3c in the last hour, the past few days it’s taken 2-3hrs for those rises due to the wind. We’ll lose out once the sea breeze kicks in a some but I’d expect to see Hurn at 25-27c by 08z this morning

Edited by Alderc
39 minutes ago, Willsy said:

I wonder what temperature we can achieve today if it’s already 22c at this time! Is 5 c hotter than this time yesterday

93789770-ACA7-4732-8805-CF230A8BD508.png

It’s all sea breeze dependant. Just finished 10k at Bmth pier and it’s unusually warm for so early, as long as the wind stays from the east the temp will rise. I think Hurn will get to about 28-30c before falling back. 

Was just leaving the pier approach, the lightest of easterlies swung around to the south and the temperature must of dropped 3-5c in a matter of seconds! 

Edited by Alderc
  • Like 1

Very muggy start to the day here in the South Hams.

Showers already building up, can't say I'm surprised as skies have been looking pretty unstable all morning.

This is the current view looking west.

IMG_20190629_084644.jpg

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

26C here already in Portsmouth

Heathrow/Kent are the ones to watch. See where they are around 10am and you'll get a good idea what sort of temps we're looking at. . 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Man With Beard said:

26C here already in Portsmouth

Following the same trend here too, already 27°C, 4 degrees higher than this time yesterday!!

Will a sea breeze develop and cap the temps? We shall see!