Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
2 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

flamin typical, south-west got removed from all yellow thunderstorm warnings earlier in the week, but we do get a yellow wind warning. Yeah, it's going to be hot & windy, it's going to feel like a furnace in a fan oven

Also typical is the thunderstorms aren’t too far east today. They’re too far west. ?‍♂️ 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
25 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Also typical is the thunderstorms aren’t too far east today. They’re too far west. ?‍♂️ 

57076E76-E728-4BA4-A674-EFF4D17D802C.png.663a317388c3e7ed58bd051cf9e558a5.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, CheesepuffScott said:

57076E76-E728-4BA4-A674-EFF4D17D802C.png.663a317388c3e7ed58bd051cf9e558a5.png

Yes that perfectly illustrates it. At least today we knew there was no chance of anything here I like a couple of days ago. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Maxed out at 24.0°C so cooler than yesterday.. Currently 22.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Made it to 25.2°C here. It has been windy, but it hasn't felt particularly humid, quite comfortable to be fair.

Posted

Reached 24.6°C here. Probably the best day this year so far here. Currently 21.8°C

Edited by matt111

Posted

23.1 °C max here today and very pleasant with gusty winds, as the humidity isn't as apparent. Monday was warmer and yesterday cooler, but I expect a steady climb now to the weekend. 

Posted

Attempt 2 at getting a warmer day tomorrow.. since we are supposed to have clear skies from dawn to dusk. 

Currently 18.5°C

Posted

UKV showing blue skies from the off tomorrow. The Southwest looks to see the highest temps again (as well as Ireland) I'll plump for a 27°C around Yeovil/Taunton. Hopefully a 26+ here.

• Like 2

Posted

Looking at the forecast at the moment, Saturday.. hopefully.. looks good for me as I'm up to Hudson's Field for the NAF Day event (and air show!).. and after that some friends of ours have scheduled a BBQ.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well I was sat in garden enjoying our heatwave this evening with a cider but other half closed door on me and said its chilly I'm going inside.  admittedly 18c doesn't feel like a heatwave.. 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

23.1°C max here today although it felt warmer.  Also felt very warm and humid in Salisbury, especially walking back to the station!  I'll keep you posted on your prediction mapantz!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

Well I was sat in garden enjoying our heatwave this evening with a cider but other half closed door on me and said its chilly I'm going inside.  admittedly 18c doesn't feel like a heatwave.. 

Lucky bugger, just about made 14 degrees here today and havnt seen the sun since Monday afternoon.

Posted
1 minute ago, Lyn-M said:

23.1°C max here today although it felt warmer.  Also felt very warm and humid in Salisbury, especially walking back to the station!  I'll keep you posted on your prediction mapantz!

I'd like to revise it, please? 

I'd go for 29°C or possibly 30°C in the West country. 

Posted

Lovely sunny day here today, seems there was quite a contrast to areas further North with the stubborn stratocumulus!

High was 24.1°C today, humidity lower. Easterly breeze was strong, but pleasant. 

Posted

Think my 37.3°C might be slightly off. :oldrofl:

Dropped fairly quickly since sunset here this evening.  17.2°C

Posted

My guess for tomorrow will be 30°C somewhere around Westbury/Bath area.

Edit I meant Friday! 

Edited by Dean E

Posted

Cooling off nicely tonight. Feels nicer with the windows wide open and that refreshing breeze coming through. 15.5°C

Posted

Maxed out at 24.5 here following a sultry night minumum of 16.9, it's already dropped a degree below that tonight. Fabulous evening out in the parks with grandkids and some nice feathery cirrus spi ssa tus to teach them about.

20190626_202437-coldeast-cirrus.jpg

Edited by DaveL
cirrus cloud type on banned word list!!!

Posted

Morning All, wall to wall blue skies with a welcomed breeze to start the day, and a clear view out over the channel, overnight low of 12.9°C at: 05:09 leads us into the day with a current temperature of 13.4°C @ RH 88 %, Humidex 15.5°C

Posted

Blue skies to start off the day here accompanied by that fresh breeze still. Overnight low of 12.2°C @ 04:40

Currently 13.3°C RH 86%