Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I was just thinking the same, Matt!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

It reached 9.6°C with unbroken sunshine this morning, it turned hazier in the afternoon, however.

Currently 7.6°C

Posted
3 hours ago, matt111 said:

First time I’ve seen this at this time of day for a while. Will it survive the whole day? 
47C58878-C6D4-4C74-915D-E398B7BF2D50.thumb.jpeg.874267fe67a33ea856cf64192d1fadc4.jpeg

Hazy sun for most of the day but it’s clouded over now. 9.8°C

It was raining around 15:10 whilst I was at the Ski Centre but it didn't last long, as radar confirmed...OH and certainly wasn't measurable. A lot of water around Parley Cross as the Stour has gone over the banks. The Avon Causeway is more like a lake, and Stapehill Rd is flooded locally...And I thought I heard the rd between Wareham and Stoborough was closed due to flooding..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

I've just realised that yesterday on Saturday (21st.) the SL pressure here got down to 969.3hPa, my lowest since 20th. November 2016 when it was 966.0.Southampton Airport a bit further NW than me reported a '969' METAR at the same time 7pm ish, and Culdrose 966.

Did anyone get lower?

Edited by DaveL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
9 hours ago, matt111 said:

First time I’ve seen this at this time of day for a while. Will it survive the whole day? 
47C58878-C6D4-4C74-915D-E398B7BF2D50.thumb.jpeg.874267fe67a33ea856cf64192d1fadc4.jpeg

The answer to that is: YES! :yahoo:

But guess what... It's raining now. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
5 hours ago, DaveL said:

I've just realised that yesterday on Saturday (21st.) the SL pressure here got down to 969.3hPa, my lowest since 20th. November 2016 when it was 966.0.Southampton Airport a bit further NW than me reported a '969' METAR at the same time 7pm ish, and Culdrose 966.

Did anyone get lower?

969.1 here

Posted

Additional 1.8mm overnight to keep pushing the monthly rainfall total ever upwards..some sunny intervals this morning.Temp is a bit immaterial-but it’s 10.3°C

Posted
2 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

There’s been a lot of lightning in the Mendips area. Nothing electrical here but in the middle of a monsoon including hail and gusty winds.

Looking at that lot, that will give the late Christmas shoppers in London a soaking in a while!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Can’t ever remember having thunderstorms here on Christmas Eve. 

2D9AE5F3-19CB-469E-A169-02FFD6D40A68.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Morning all, another technical non dry day thanks to some showers overnight and this morning but we have missed out on the heavier showers here.

Sunny now with a moderate breeze. 10.8°C

Posted

Added another 0.6mm so far this morning from a recent shower and some feisty showers heading into the west, particularly South Wales and Gloucester looking, well interesting.. temperature 11.4°C 

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
6 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Added another 0.6mm so far this morning from a recent shower and some feisty showers heading into the west, particularly South Wales and Gloucester looking, well interesting.. temperature 11.4°C 

Yes here in Gloucester its fairly bright and mild, that rain is lurking to our west at the moment 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sun shines after the rain.  5. mm precipitation  so far today. 96.6 mm this month which is 0.3 mm more than December 2018.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Well the comment above jinxed it, now raining just as I'm about to leave the office for the Christmas break. 

Anyway Merry Christmas all.

Posted

A brief shower just now, but the sun is still shining. 11.3°C

Posted

This would have sent the late shoppers in Bournemouth running..

Bmth_rain.JPG

Damn I should  have been on the beach for this one..as I think the afternoon looks like we will be betwixt and between..

image.thumb.png.7637bbd8c7c9724c0a2fe049793680c2.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

A few showers earlier on including a very heavy shower around lunchtime (the one @Dorsetbred posted about above) but it’s been dry since then with sunny spells as all the showers are missing here at the moment. 10.6°C

Edited by matt111

Posted

11.3°C the high here today.

Temp has been holding around 9°C since 3pm