Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Recommended Posts

Slight frost here this morning.

Was 1.9c at midnight and sat at 0.9c from 2am to 5am when it started to drop and was 0.2c at 7am.
Sun and blue skies are now coming out slowly. Now 0.3c.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning, a cold, frosty and mostly sunny start following a low of -2.6°C just after 7am..

Rising slowly now, -1.9°C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lowest temp of this winter with -6.0c overnight. Currently -4c and a beautiful winter's morning 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, lovely out this morning.

IMG_20191202_081831712_HDR.thumb.jpg.1c0c37b5458b30d3d352e68b6c285d88.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful morning and very timely for December. -3.4C the minimum and still -1C now. More of this please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful out there, some cirrocumulus has popped up in the past half hour.. temp 2.9°C

Frost hanging on in the shade

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're up to 4c in the sun. Still freezing on the shade, but such a lovely day! I feel motivated to get stuff done and have finished getting all the deccies up 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A low of -1.6°C this morning. Currently sunny spells and 5.7°C.

Interestingly, the UKV model has backed away significantly of any meaningful low temps tonight/tomorrow.

This was the 03Z:

viewimage.thumb.png.0dc60802f1eaf4e1e31038c5a7323d4a.png

This is the current run:

105281048_viewimage(1).thumb.png.f710f8a01ee551f849f84d723bbdb0f9.png

The culprit is cloud moving in this evening and sticking around all night.

906951238_viewimage(2).thumb.png.e1ab44d3fb74350667fa4f0150c30df7.png

Another cold spell that was completely blown out of all proportions. Some will never learn!

Back up to double figures by Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took a long time to drop below freezing last night but it did eventually with a low of -0.7°C. Sunny all day with blue skies so far. 7.5°C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remaining lovely and sunny this afternoon, with high cloud passing to the west at times.

Max 6.0°C earlier and it is currently 5.5°C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reached 7.4°C in the end

The pinky orange hue on offer but the dreaded cloud also moving in.

20191202_160229.thumb.jpg.cf09ff1c9e3d0076bfc1bacba7c689f9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

A low of -1.6°C this morning. Currently sunny spells and 5.7°C.

Interestingly, the UKV model has backed away significantly of any meaningful low temps tonight/tomorrow.

This was the 03Z:

viewimage.thumb.png.0dc60802f1eaf4e1e31038c5a7323d4a.png

This is the current run:

105281048_viewimage(1).thumb.png.f710f8a01ee551f849f84d723bbdb0f9.png

The culprit is cloud moving in this evening and sticking around all night.

906951238_viewimage(2).thumb.png.e1ab44d3fb74350667fa4f0150c30df7.png

Another cold spell that was completely blown out of all proportions. Some will never learn!

Back up to double figures by Thursday.

Hi Mapantz, MetO for Trowbridge have this forecast for tonight issued at 1600: “

Headline:

Another frosty night and cold day. Milder by the weekend.

This Evening and Tonight:

Skies will be mostly clear meaning temperatures will fall rapidly under the clear skies with widespread frost likely, as well as some fog and freezing fog patches, especially in the east. Minimum temperature -4 °C.

Tuesday:

Tomorrow will remain cold with long spells of winter sunshine. Any freezing fog early in the morning may be locally slow to clear, enhancing the cold feel. Maximum temperature 8 ° looks like any cloud will dissipate if it’s to get anywhere near -4C.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bobd29 said:

Hi Mapantz, MetO for Trowbridge have this forecast for tonight issued at 1600: “

Headline:

Another frosty night and cold day. Milder by the weekend.

This Evening and Tonight:

Skies will be mostly clear meaning temperatures will fall rapidly under the clear skies with widespread frost likely, as well as some fog and freezing fog patches, especially in the east. Minimum temperature -4 °C.

Tuesday:

Tomorrow will remain cold with long spells of winter sunshine. Any freezing fog early in the morning may be locally slow to clear, enhancing the cold feel. Maximum temperature 8 ° looks like any cloud will dissipate if it’s to get anywhere near -4C.

Hi Bob

It does seem at odds. The forecast used on the Met Office site actually uses the UKV model.

Here's the latest cloud cover from the UKV model:

ukvgif.thumb.gif.2a5f880a47789f1294f1d79834b6a0e8.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunny all day with blue skies overhead although more cloud appeared to the west later on. Reached 7.8°C, currently 1.6°C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No moon, no stars so I believe it’s clouded over here, temp also rising from the 0.1°C it got to at 21:30.. to 0.7°C now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CheesepuffScott said:

No moon, no stars so I believe it’s clouded over here, temp also rising from the 0.1°C it got to at 21:30.. to 0.7°C now

Could it be the predicted fog forming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Temperature doing what it does best - fall all evening to 1C then stop. Hasn't moved in the last 90 minutes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here, temperature steady for the past few hours at just 1°C. Hard to tell from infrared satellite imagery, but there is definitely more (possibly medium level) cloud than forecast.

Cannot see a widespread harsh frost and/or freezing fog forming whilst this cloud hangs over us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No hard frost here, as the mid level cloud squashed it overnight, having been below zero before 10pm, hovering around the zero mark it is currently 0.2°C..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No frost or fog here overnight. Cloud spoiled the party.

Temp slowly rose to 2.8°C at 02:50 before falling to a low of 1.7°C at 04:30, before rising thereafter to the 3.1°C we are on now with mostly cloudy skies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only a high of 6.9c yesterday midday, but it was a nice sunny dry day and did not feel as cold as it was through the day.
Was 2,4c at midnight and a low of 2.3c at 2am.
Been on the rise since that low and is now 3.6c

Red skies this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...