Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Just dropped below freezing here. -0.1°C

Been sitting at 0.2C for the last half an hour lol... just a tiny bit more please!

-1°C on the stroke of midnight!

Frosty bins and shed roof! ❄️

-2.3 here. Was some freezing fog about earlier on my drive home from work!

I'm up late.. Below zero here by a couple of degrees. Glistening white on top of cars. Almost looks like a slight snow dusting//probably a bit of mist has deposited. Lowest overnight temps in a good while!

Good morning all. Coldest night in a while here too with a low of -2.9°C at: 04:30 however the temperature began to rise afterwards... up to -1.7°C now.

No fog here but a noticeable frost.

Morning All, after an overnight low of -1.2°C at: 00:22  the cloud has rolled in and the temperature is above freezing as the frost rapidly disappears. Well it's dry at least.

Slight frost here this morning, but brightening up nicely.
After a 9.4c mid afternoon high, slowly dropped through the evening to 2c at midnight and then to 0.4c at 4am.
On the rise slowly since then, to 3.5c now
Light NE wind overnight, moving to a light Easterly now. 

A low of -2.1°C here.

It was exceptionally frosty, but within a few minutes it had gone. Now we have rain.

1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

A low of -2.1°C here.

It was exceptionally frosty, but within a few minutes it had gone. Now we have rain.

I just saw that on the radar, was anything forecast for today? I didn’t think so, shows what a dire Autumn we are having that rain shows up on ‘dry’ days!

Low of -1.4°C last night so didn’t quite beat the lowest so far. Mostly cloudy so far today with the odd sunny spell. 10.2°C

2 hours ago, matt111 said:

Low of -1.4°C last night so didn’t quite beat the lowest so far. Mostly cloudy so far today with the odd sunny spell. 10.2°C

got down to -2.1c, was a stunning frost this morning, white everywhere. could be the last we see for a while 

Strat looks a bit toasty

gfsnh-10-336.png?12

9 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Strat looks a bit toasty

gfsnh-10-336.png?12

Quick somebody get a bucket, we are leaking MOD charts into the thread...:help:

Surprised it’s 10.2°C here at the moment as it certainly doesn’t feel like it, even if it doesn’t feel as cold as this time yesterday when it was in low single figures already. 

7 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

I just saw that on the radar, was anything forecast for today? I didn’t think so, shows what a dire Autumn we are having that rain shows up on ‘dry’ days!

I didn't see anything in the forecast, but I guess it was a bit of a small area of rain.

It was just peculiar how quickly it went from a heavy frost to nothing and then rain. It was less than 10 minutes as that's how long it took for my shower.

Stayed cloudy all day and felt cold despite being a fair bit milder than recent days. Reached 10.2°C, currently 9.5°C

Good morning everyone, not as cold this morning 7c I miss the frost already 🥶