South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These I just took of the storm that just came over frome about 20 mins ago  looks like more to come     

This was sent by a friend heading to Wotton u Edge this morning. VID-20191114-WA0000.mp4

Decided to pop down to Mudeford quay  to enjoy this beautiful evening!  Took my camera along and was treated to the amazing display of noctilucent clouds, obviously others have posted about them alrea

Posted Images

Nowhere near the wind speeds that were forecast for here. Two gusts all day that were in the 40's. 40 and 41mph. The majority of the highest have been 35mph.

A bit of rain around this evening but dry again now and still windy. Reached 16.2°C, currently 15.5°C and rising. 

Also reached 100mm of rain in a month for the first time this year, 

Edited by matt111

Was 16.8c at midnight, a low of 16c at 6am. Now 16.4c
just 0.8mm of drizzly rain yetsrday. No rain since midnight.

Finally an hour ago the wind died down a little.
Been SSW 20-25mph, with constant 30-40mph gusts since yesterday evening.
The forecasts had us for 38-40mph max gusts, so spot on for a change.
16-20mph now with occasional 28-30mph gusts.

Nearby AWS giving 2cm rain since midnight.. probably a little more actually. No let up. Ground saturated from October rains.. where do we go from here?

Edit, it just updated  - 2.8 cm precipitation

Edited by EllyTech
15 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

I nearly said earlier that I fancied Leicester given both teams current form, however the result is ridiculous!

Awful. My prediction was 0 - 3, but that was after 90 mins, not 20.

England more than made up for it this morning though. Incredible stuff. 

Yes the rainfall radar makes interesting viewing today which a very narrow and clearly defined line on the very edge of the cold front - this has still to nuddg e past us here - currently claggy drizzle and 14.7 but expect that to change dramatically over the next hour.

• Like 1