Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

27 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Currently in the gap between the 2 bands. Sun is out and I've got the washing out!

Wait for it......

A little welcomed relief for the garden, as the front passes through, we approach the back edge and the rain turning showery in nature until later. Now to consider the best way to tackle a leaking gutter on a house (when I'm banned from climbing ladders!). Hmm, have to get my thinkin ed on.

So far we've had 11.6mm of rainfall since this began last night..

Heavy rain spell came through in last hour, 7mm in total.
It is brightening up now.
Temp dropped from 20c to 16.5c with that rain spell. On the rise now, 17.5c.
Westerly wind picked up too during that spell to 15-18mph with plenty of 20-23mph gusts, back now to 4-6mph

Not sure why there were warnings for that rain spell, it was nothing out of the ordinary.

Edited by lettice

I retired to bed shortly after 1am but it looks like we had plentiful of rain overnight! 

Min temp was 15.0°C at: 09:43..

Currently 16.8°C, mostly cloudy and feeling muggy

Cloudy and breezy now after the first meaningful rainfall for a while this morning. The sun has started coming through the cloud in the last few minutes. 17.7°C

As I expected in my post last night, despite the forecast for two periods of "heavy overnight rain" from midnight,  there was no measurable rain here until 3:30 am and then only a millimetre until 9:30 am. The heavy rain then arrived, 13 mm today so far  but currently dry and overcast at 17.0°C.

The mins and max since midnight are upside down though, max today is 19.8 at  00:38; minimum so far is 15.8 at 12:48pm!

Edited by DaveL

Another sharp shower just rattled through. 

Dropped from today's high of 18.0°C to 16.6°C

12,4mm of rain today, but it finished around 10am and it's been dry since. Currently 18.2°C and sunny. Looking at the rainfall accumulation map, I was right to be sceptical about needing that warning.

Sunny spells now and the ground has already dried from that last shower.

17.1°C, humidity is 77%

Temperature is climbing as the warm air approaches for the SW, peaked @ 18.6°C at: 16:42 RH 80 %, Humidex 19.7°C

Edited by Dorsetbred

Clear sky now, feeling fresh. 15.7°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Shower going through right now but apart from that we've had lengthy clear interludes. 14.0°C

There's some lively rainfall rates showing up on the UKV model for Tuesday:

viewimage.thumb.png.6448bb2dc78948b5535681808e714fc6.png  594998976_viewimage(1).thumb.png.f6e614b35470bff5ab8bd7a396472a66.png 395846177_viewimage(2).thumb.png.e4c71de41ae6a9a3edce5b2f97d65b66.png

Dry all afternoon after the rain this morning, 10.2mm in total. Cloudy until late afternoon when the sky cleared for a while. Reached 19.2°C, currently 15.6°C

Wet morning with the rain mostly stopping around 11pm this morning. 8.2mm of rain fell in total and again, was no need for the yellow warning.

The high today was during the short sunny spell this morning before the rain arrived with top of 19.3°C, which felt muggy with the higher dew points.

Currently clear and calm, 13.7°C.

Absolute monsoon out there now. Roads are positively swamped. Amazing what happens when downpours start moving off the Severn Estuary!