Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

Some fantastic sunshine today, with the A35 closed I took the detour around Wareham The lake below the hospital looks inviting, was it not for the strong breeze this morning.  Mapantz just over the road from you  good fishing spot in these conditions?

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Good early afternoon folks. Sunny but breezy with a wind chill. %.2c Wind Chill.

7.8c,. Humidity 63% Rh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Quite rough earlier on. Gusted to 41mph. Sunny most of the day until cloud spoilt the end. Temp reached 9.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny all day with blue skies but with a cold wind especially earlier on. Reached 8.9°C, currently 7.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

8.2°C with sunny spells today, blue sky at times, although there was a chilly breeze.

Currently 4°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A few showers this evening after a dry day and the temperatures rising so it's higher now than it was during the day. 10.1°C

Posted

Well I'll get one post in thread for today. Showers earlier this morning, and the wind certainly has a bite to it today, but at least it is sunny now, and looking set fair for a few hours hopefully for things to dry out just a bit. Currently 8.4°C  with the wind driving that chill factor back a couple of degrees 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Nearly reached a 50mph gust in one of the showers earlier this morning - really really gusty. Calmer since 10am though with largely sunny skies. Feeling cold in the wind too at 6C.

Posted

Sunny with blue skies so far here but again with a cold wind making it feel quite a bit colder than it is. 9.2°C

Posted
5 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Tuesday anyone? Only nearly 72 hours away lol.

3D8AFFBA-6E83-4B95-9B9D-4E088D111B31.png

One flake or two?

I think we should all move to Rhayader

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Plenty of sunshine today, but windy at times. Temp at it's highest now - 10°C on the nose. What are other members rainfall totals so far this month? Currently at 69.4mm here. I wonder if it can make it the 4th month in a row of 100mm+?

Posted
26 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Plenty of sunshine today, but windy at times. Temp at it's highest now - 10°C on the nose. What are other members rainfall totals so far this month? Currently at 69.4mm here. I wonder if it can make it the 4th month in a row of 100mm+?

Looks highly possible if the output doesn't change. Has only happened in 2000, 2006 and 2012 here since the turn of the century, and September 2006 was only just over 100mm.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

I'm almost at exactly the same as you! 69.1 mm for me so far this month. Looking at the charts I would say getting another 31 mm is very achievable. Really has been an exceptionally wet prolonged period. 

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Corfe Mullen just got nailed with torrential rain - 12mm fell in around 15 minutes I think?!

So did we, it was torrential and the radar trace showed us to sit right under the white band of the heaviest downpour. Rainfall rate was 110mm/hr almost 2mm/min..

Interesting how the wind kicked off before this happened and subsided fairly quickly afterwards...Could hear the rain from the noise coming down the chimney...

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Corfe Mullen just got nailed with torrential rain - 12mm fell in around 15 minutes I think?!

Seen the dark red and white area heading towards London? Looks intense I've had about 36mm so far about half of that in the last couple of days. 

Edited by jordan smith

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

I was in Southampton earlier where it was generally dry, but feeling chilly with sunny spells.

We've had rain for the past few hours, heavy at times with some blustery conditions and gusty winds.

Max was 8.0°C at 21:30... currently 7.3°C

Posted

It's been fairly wet here over the last few hours with heavy rain at times. Was quite windy for a time but the wind seems to have dropped again now. 7.2°C

Posted

Very sudden squally sleet downpour just moved through. Security light went on and off a few times.

Posted

Good dry sunny day yesterday, 10,5c midday
Another night of strong winds, with some 36 - 42 mph gusts.
The strong winds have not let up much for a good four days now after that brief lull midweek, 20-25 mph and constant 30-36 mph gusts.

Drizzly morning, 8.5c
Wind still blustery 18-23 mph and plenty of 25-35 mph gusts.
Just had a quick heavy hail shower pass through.

Posted

Good evening, the overnight low was 3.8°C at 03:42 before slowly rising. It was rather breezy with showers overnight.

Calmer today but still quite breezy with sunny spells. Felt quite cool, once again, in the wind.

Max 8.8°C

Currently 7.9°C

Posted

Showers earlier in the day followed by a dry spell for a few hours but more showers again over the last couple of hours. Reached 10.2°C, currently 9.4°C