Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

After a sunny start, it turned cloudy as the morning progressed. 

Quite a raw breeze this afternoon, feeling quite cool. Max 9.1°C

Currently 5.5°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Stayed cloudy with occasional light rain for the rest of the afternoon. Reached 9.5³C, currently 7.2°C

Posted

Finally, there is a sobering up in the model thread. We are all in for a pretty treacherous period of weather after such a long period of soaking imo. Don't like the alarmist in me but.. heavens.. this is too much rain to come!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Off to another clear start after a low of 2.9°C overnight.. Currently 3.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Identical to the last couple of days where it’s been a sunny morning but clouded over at lunchtime. 9.3°C

Posted
21 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Identical to the last couple of days where it’s been a sunny morning but clouded over at lunchtime. 9.3°C

I was saying exactly the same to a lady over on the watermeadows this morning. It's not going to end well today, by the looks of it. ?️

The past few mornings have been fab though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Just now, knocker said:

Heavy rain and hail on the front down here

That's interesting! A couple of charts I was looking at this morning showed the possibility of hail in that. I hope to get in on that action! Hail has become a rarity in these parts.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

That's interesting! A couple of charts I was looking at this morning showed the possibility of hail in that. I hope to get in on that action! Hail has become a rarity in these parts.

I'm not sure if I even heard a clap of thunder as well

Posted

A very small chance of a little sleet or snow amongst the forecast heavy rain on some of the very highest parts tomorrow, apparently.

• Like 1

Posted

Yep another glorious morning turned into a cloudy afternoon with some light showers, so far. 

Max 9.6°C earlier... currently 7.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sw gales or lot's of snow

First snow here of the season, just about starting to settle in Okehampton, pics from a friend. Seems like evaporative cooling inefect.

IMG-20191113-WA0000.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Yes was just about to say that on the uksnowmap.com website, there is reports of snow beginning to settle in Okehampton! Weather isn't calling for it so we could be in for some surprises later who knows?

Posted

Nowt for me lol

D51BD6D9-50F0-411C-A5E7-C1232C4F6076.thumb.png.20fcb17b2fd4a494b7cc429058943e45.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Looking at the radar, I can't see why a warning was put out for here. The forecast initially showed rain beginning at 4pm and ending at 10pm. It now just shows 2 hours of rain and what is showing on the radar is not even heavy.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, the very hot and the very cold.

At a height of 330 Metres I reckon the tops of Cleeve Hill could see some of the white stuff tonight/tomorrow. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

A very small chance of a little sleet or snow amongst the forecast heavy rain on some of the very highest parts tomorrow, apparently.

Heavy rain has now passed through Exeter.  It was on occasions lumpy rain (i.e had ice mixed in with it), whether it was melted hail or very wet snow was impossible to say.  Radar suggested sleet.