Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

Mornin All, a showery morning sets the scene down here on the coast, a quick scan sees the neighbours' shed wrecked after the gusts yesterday, one more good puff, and I think it'll fall down. Anyway, so light showers and 11.8°C..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Pleasant sunny and dry day today, such a relief after that horrid day yesterday.

12.7c now after a low of 6c at 7am
Light WSW wind.
Very damp out.

Total rain yesterday was 14.3mm
Highest gust was 57mph here, but it was more the constant force of it from early morning to early evening. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Sunny spells after some showery rain this morning, bringing a further 2mm. This is likely to be the wettest Autumn i've recorded. 385.6mm so far.

The UKV showing a band of showery rain moving in later this afternoon, and more tonight.

viewimage.thumb.png.1075e6093335c5633eb93eb3427853dd.png 1788213348_viewimage(1).thumb.png.23270fac30557825e06a43c8e62acd45.png

More showery activity tomorrow, with the risk of some hail and thunder.

1436059758_viewimage(2).thumb.png.80ec0629aa39c8bcc3fa29458225530b.png

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dry here so far today with the odd sunny spell but mostly cloudy. 12.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Since I posted above the skies cleared overhead so for the first time in nearly a week it’s actually sunny. 13.4°C

632796F1-0311-48C3-9E40-61F84D32A03B.jpeg

Edited by matt111
  • Like 2

Posted

Had a couple of hours of blue skies but it clouded over again afterwards. Still was nice to see the sun while it lasted. 12.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Sunny spells today, with blue sky for a while. It has stayed dry, too.

Reached 12.6°C, currently 10.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Jinx, I have just looked outside and it's raining! UKV got it right then

Posted

That rain around midday was certainly strange, both in how it developed and in the lack of echoes on the radar.

Nothing showed over my exact postcode on the Net Weather radar for 12.00, 12.05 or 12.10 yet it rained for over 10 minutes half of which was heavy.

From the radar returns that did show it looks like a small trough or convergence zone developed/moved through.

To balance my frustration from midday, the sky cleared straight after the rain and it was a lovely afternoon. 

Posted

Stayed dry all day, mostly cloudy for a lot of the time but an hour or so of blue skies during the afternoon, Reached 13.7°C, currently 9.9°C

Posted

Partly Cloudy skies and down to 8.4°C however the next blob of rain is arriving from the south west 

Posted
7 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Partly Cloudy skies and down to 8.4°C however the next blob of rain is arriving from the south west 

Looks quite potent on the radar.

• Like 1

Posted
49 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Looks quite potent on the radar.

Yep heavy rain here for the past 20 mins. 8.7°C

Posted

Sunny spells and a few showers so far. 11.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm in the middle of clearing up leaves/branches and rubbish that blew down during the high winds. I keep getting rained off!

9.2mm today, and another shower has just started. Temp reached 13°C. Currently 11.8°C.

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

I keep getting rained off!

9.2mm today, and another shower has just started.

Anvils have been visible to the South of Warminster pretty much all day. A few have moved overhead giving sharp showers as they continue to decay.

Posted

A few more showers this afternoon but plenty of sun in between them. Still a few showers around at the moment. 9.7°C