Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Another dull and cool day just as it’s been all week so far. 10.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

10.2°C max here today

Currently 9.3°C and rising.

Posted
On 27/10/2019 at 23:28, Mapantz said:

Do you control your RGB through a motherboard header?

I bought a set of these: http://www.phanteks.com/Neon.html

Quite possibly the best LED strip i've seen. The LED colour completely diffuses in to perfect colour, and you cannot see the individual LED's.

I don't, they are Corsair RGBs so I use the commander pro lightning/fan controller that plugs into the SATA connection on the motherboard. Then use iCUE to control everything.

That set looks sick, seems much better than what corsair currently offer! I have these https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/iCUE-CONTROLLERS/CORSAIR-RGB-LED-Lighting-PRO-Expansion-Kit/p/CL-8930002

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Stayed cloudy all day and mostly dry apart from a brief bit of drizzle this afternoon. Currently 11.6°C which is the warmest it's been all day, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

19.8mm of rain from last nights system. That has now given me a new record on this station - wettest month, beating December last year by a few mm. Total at 192.4mm. Autumn stands at 351.4mm. This is checked against my manual rain gauge, and that total is 1mm higher, so it's within a fantastic margin of error.

Just started raining again, temp at 12.8°C.

Posted
1 hour ago, Dean E said:

I don't, they are Corsair RGBs so I use the commander pro lightning/fan controller that plugs into the SATA connection on the motherboard. Then use iCUE to control everything.

That set looks sick, seems much better than what corsair currently offer! I have these https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/iCUE-CONTROLLERS/CORSAIR-RGB-LED-Lighting-PRO-Expansion-Kit/p/CL-8930002

Ah yes, Corsair. My last build had all Corsair stuff, fans, AIO, chassis, keyboard & mouse. I decided to move away from iCUE, as I was getting fed up of running several RGB software's side-by-side. I still needed Asus aura for the motherboard and a couple of other things. I just want to stick with one piece of software for everything. 

I took delivery of the Asus ROG Strix Flare keyboard today. It takes some getting used to due to going from cherry MX blues to reds. I had the Corsair K95 platinum before this one, so with the macro keys gone on the left side, the keyboard is now slightly shorted, so my muscle memory has to start again. I keep pressing the wrong letters a lot at the moment lol

I have two Corsair things left to change out; the mouse and the vengeance RGB RAM. I am contemplating over thermaltake's new 'toughRAM' or Crucial's ballistix tracer memory. Both can be controlled by Asus aura.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Just started raining here too, temperature not too dissimilar from earlier although it has risen slowly. 9.6°C

Posted

Raining here now and the temperatures risen to 13.1°C. 

Posted

Up to 10.2°C now which is *yesterday’s* high.

Rain has eased off a bit now but there’s still some drizzle 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Holy crapola!

1059576672_Screenshot_20191101-011817_MetOffice.thumb.jpg.2dcdb6c2a9bd95998601ef5b8c4ee8dc.jpg

Last time I saw a 60 in the wind forecast here, was back in 2014.

That quite clearly shows their wind speed forecasts aren't particularly accurate. Although neither are BBC weather.

Posted

Got a 62 here 

53D5B701-87F8-475B-A778-B76D5751BF37.png

Posted
8 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Holy crapola!

1059576672_Screenshot_20191101-011817_MetOffice.thumb.jpg.2dcdb6c2a9bd95998601ef5b8c4ee8dc.jpg

Last time I saw a 60 in the wind forecast here, was back in 2014.

Yep, tomorrow is looking rather grim in the morning.

Kingsbridge currently has a top predicted gust of 73mph around 6AM on the Met Office website! Even if it isn't accurate I haven't seen that sort of level for a long, long time. 

Certainly not a day for an early morning walk on the SW Coastal Path!

• Like 2

Posted

viewimage-2.thumb.png.6b20f50608d07e3f45ea1371101f0474.png viewimage-3.thumb.png.aef25a7d5e8513599d35b2ae74a7e10a.pngviewimage-4.thumb.png.e7d89b5db36487f8697070ab5b864236.pngviewimage-5.thumb.png.239c9f774afb1f6188b64394e2333c3a.png viewimage-6.thumb.png.22ca5a1c5e499af8daf445517588af55.png viewimage-7.thumb.png.fffc80bd8abc26b66edbf3ed84080df1.png

Wind speeds have increased again on this UKV run. Perilously close to an amber warning for areas closest to the coast.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted

Grey and damp this morning but a milder feel. 14.8°C

My highest gust tomorrow on MO is 52mph

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

Dry and cloudy again after the overnight rain. 13.9°C

Now showing 67mph here for tomorrow morning. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
14 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Ah yes, Corsair. My last build had all Corsair stuff, fans, AIO, chassis, keyboard & mouse. I decided to move away from iCUE, as I was getting fed up of running several RGB software's side-by-side. I still needed Asus aura for the motherboard and a couple of other things. I just want to stick with one piece of software for everything. 

I took delivery of the Asus ROG Strix Flare keyboard today. It takes some getting used to due to going from cherry MX blues to reds. I had the Corsair K95 platinum before this one, so with the macro keys gone on the left side, the keyboard is now slightly shorted, so my muscle memory has to start again. I keep pressing the wrong letters a lot at the moment lol

I have two Corsair things left to change out; the mouse and the vengeance RGB RAM. I am contemplating over thermaltake's new 'toughRAM' or Crucial's ballistix tracer memory. Both can be controlled by Asus aura.

Have to admit, the iCUE app can be a pain, doesn't appear to user friendly until you are used to it all. Your build does sound pretty slick though, how does the Aura software perform?

Yeah I have the Corsair K55 keyboard, it's not got any cherry switches as I use it for both gaming and writing for uni, so I found the K55 to be a good 'sweet spot'.

I sadly have standard DDR4 Ram with no RGB, which is clearly not good enough!  I plan on upgrading my processor, motherboard and RAM in the New Year, as I'm running a 3770k and an aging Gigabit motherboard, both from 2012. The processor still smashes through tasks, but you always start to notice slow downs as the system ages! 

• Like 1

Posted

70mph showing for here now

61899B51-91A5-488D-9A74-4434FDCCBF3C.png

• Like 2

Posted

Looking back on October's rainfall here and we had 197.2 mm which is particularly impressive when it's on the back of a very wet September. This takes autumn's rainfall so far to 345.1 mm! Looking pretty wild tomorrow as well and plenty more rain in the forecast. 

Posted

An upgrade to 55mph for me!

Dull and drizzly now... 14.1°C following today's earlier high of 14.8°C