Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

Last night's boom shaker (thunder) that set off car alarms (I'm just right of the one white area (green dot). Lightning sensor suggests a distance of 6-8 miles from us. Wonder if Mapantz can give any reference direction?

image.thumb.png.1378b909479df6b74f52b9d381a70ca3.png

Interesting gust of wind the same time as the cells hit

image.thumb.png.c7db25828ad45b30dfc58a8754208ae0.png

Lightning measure

image.thumb.png.750d2647a3a61be44b8c1caba5a0165a.png

Posted
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Can’t get photos to upload, some great anvils towards coastal directions this morning.

I was thinking the same on my walk this morning.

Yesterday, I had to go to Hinton Admiral. Got caught in a torrential downpour. Then last night we were woken up by that squally shower.

Chucking it down again now and looking at the radar, it looks like we're in line for plenty more today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Last night's boom shaker (thunder) that set off car alarms (I'm just right of the one white area (green dot). Lightning sensor suggests a distance of 6-8 miles from us. Wonder if Mapantz can give any reference direction?

image.thumb.png.1378b909479df6b74f52b9d381a70ca3.png

Interesting gust of wind the same time as the cells hit

image.thumb.png.c7db25828ad45b30dfc58a8754208ae0.png

Lightning measure

image.thumb.png.750d2647a3a61be44b8c1caba5a0165a.png

I don't have the WF station any more, so no idea, dB. I only heard thunder but didn't see any lightning. My sister in Bournemouth said she saw the lightning, so it had to be that way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A few showers this morning but not as heavy as yesterday or last night. Much windier today though. 14.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Wind picking up this afternoon and it’s cloudier than earlier. Showers in the area.

13.7°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Just heard two short rumbles of thunder.

Posted

And again... seems to be that cell over Fordingbridge way. Should be over @jtay and I in a while.

EDIT: Seems it's passing just to the south east of me. There is some great cloudscapes though.

image.thumb.png.b67505a87d78ccf69368a9535e1a9eac.png

image.thumb.png.73ffeb0b971e8ef2f3cd766af4704776.png

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Everything’s missing here at the moment so it’s just been a dry and windy afternoon here with occasional sunny spells. 14.7°C

Posted
41 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

And again... seems to be that cell over Fordingbridge way. Should be over @jtay and I in a while.

EDIT: Seems it's passing just to the south east of me. There is some great cloudscapes though.

image.thumb.png.b67505a87d78ccf69368a9535e1a9eac.png

image.thumb.png.73ffeb0b971e8ef2f3cd766af4704776.png

Ha. Didn't even notice. Was busy working away, checked the radar, saw that and so popped out to the garden. It's v dark to the South. As you say, nr Fordingbridge.

I don't have a great view the the South East, as it moves away, but the bits that I can see look pretty cool.

• Like 1

Posted

Hampshire Air Ambulance now searching for Fordingbridge,it appears to have sunk lol

Posted

Tipping down here!

Posted
6 minutes ago, jy said:

Hampshire Air Ambulance now searching for Fordingbridge,it appears to have sunk lol

Hello @jy. Hope all is well with you.

8 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Tipping down here!

Yeah, I just popped down to the brewery for a Quadhop takeout. It was pretty heavy on the way back.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Most of the shower activity has bypassed here too, just on the edge of the last bit which passed to the SE and produced this rainbow.

P1040681 (800x600).jpg

P1040682 (800x653).jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Typical (colder half of the year) southwesterly here. Since the trough this morning there have been no showers here.

Posted

Showers still rolling on here, but not as frequent. We had one that turned heavy for a time just after 6 and a lighter one around half an hour ago. Another one on its way now.

14.4°C max today, currently 9.9°C

Posted

Not as many showers here as yesterday, plenty passed to the north but only a few came over here including a fairly heavy one later on this afternoon, Reached 14.9°C, currently 13.2°C

Posted

A sunny and dry start this morning after a low of 7.8°C overnight.

Currently 11.3°C

Posted

A dry and mostly sunny day so far. 14.0°C

Edited by matt111

Posted

Mostly sunny here although there's some cloud to the south. Can't complain though.

13.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

If this is the weather we're going to get from low pressure then I'd rather we keep it, than get landed with a cloudy high lol. Beautifully sunny and very pleasant in the sunshine.

• Like 2