Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Overnight low of 8.6°C... Cool today with plenty of rain, calm winds though. We are currently on the highest it has been today at 10.8°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The rain was lighter this afternoon but it never really stopped until early evening. 7.8mm from today's rain. Reached 14.0°C, currently 11.8°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I feel like Forrest Gump, We've had fat rain, thin rain, upside down rain, stinging rain..... I am sick of the rain.

(sorry normal service has now resumed)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Reached 11.0°C in the end, currently 9.7°C

A nicer looking day tomorrow with some sunshine on the cards and a less cool feel, then back to the dross tomorrow evening.

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

Morning All, a foggy start this morning as yesterdays rainfall keeps the moisture levels high as temperatures hit the single digits 8.8°C and the RH 97%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Insane thick fog this morning! I'm surprised no warning was issued?!

20191015070940.thumb.jpg.96f78324ed421580c6b5327455aa4c54.jpg

Fog still lingering here. Temp 10.3°C

The fog has shown up every single spider's web in the garden, too. It looks like a massive invasion of spiders has taken hold. ?️?️

Posted
Just now, Dorsetbred said:

Amazing the humidity level is still around 97-98%, although here in Bournemouth the sun is trying its best to break through the cloud layer.

I was just about to post the same thing. I have 99% RH on both my stations.

Posted

Hazy sun here, up to 12.7°C currently. The humidity is 95%...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Haze on the hills. broken cloud with sunny spells.

15.6c. Humidity 74% Rh. 

Edited by ARTDEMOLE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Thick fog to start the day which took a while to clear but it’s sunny now. 14.7°C

Posted

Cloud has broken and there’s some blue sky now. 14.4°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Early fog gave way to an often cloudy morning but it's not beautifully sunny and very pleasant to boot. 

Posted

Had a bizarre shower about an hour and half ago. I was vacuuming the pond out and I could hear this huge rushing noise - still sunny. I turned the vac off, and I could see a wall of white about 50ft away, but it was still dry where I was stood. As it passed, it was blue sky above me, and suddenly, massive drops of rain started falling. They were making splats about 6" in diameter! And then it stopped.

1580343251_Annotation2019-10-15151110.thumb.jpg.8cd4d043bf9d2933621e884fbdf85cde.jpg

16.6°C here.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Sunny above however there’s a thick layer of cloud out to the south and west almost obscuring the sun as it descends into the horizon

Posted

After a foggy start this morning, it cleared to hazy sunshine. Sunny intervals this afternoon with plenty of blue sky developing later on, and it was clear for a time.

Reached 16.1°C... currently 11.8°C

Posted

All this talk of a cold snap... if I remember correctly we had a bit of a cool spell at the end of last October, I can remember seeing some sleet mixed in with the rain just before Halloween and I recall some chilly days and nights.

Posted

Sunny all day once the fog cleared with blue skies throughout the afternoon. Reached 16.0°C, currently 13.4°C

Posted

Foggy start this morning, made the commute over the downs a little difficult today! But soon brightened up but had a few hours of showery rain, before the sun returned.

Reached 15.6°C in the sunshine during the early afternoon, but can really feel the evenings rapidly drawing in now.

Currently 9.7°C and clear.

Posted

The temperature was dropping but it's rising again now. Back up to 14.3°C.

Posted

Temperature got down to 9.9°C around an hour ago but has been climbing ever since... up to 10.6°C now

Posted

8.4°C was the low tonight at exactly 11pm, temperature soon started to increase. 4°C increase in just over an hour!

Currently 12.3°C with partly cloudy skies.