Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Showers look a little more widespread tomorrow. Maybe some hail and thunder thrown in for the lucky ones?!

UKV take on it:

viewimage.thumb.png.ad7f73cc44de1ccdc3de689eeed06255.png 1366202461_viewimage(1).thumb.png.fc642b8e5e785072e60e262341cc9ff8.png

Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Another day that's ended up being dry after rain in the early hours. Sunny spells throughout the day but with a strong breeze it felt quite cool. Reached 18.9°C. currently 15.8°C and rising. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Rising here too and still quite breezy... 13.9°C

Posted

Been heavy showers on and off since 3am.
9mm has fallen so far.
Between the showers plenty of bright spells.
Temp high yesterday was 19.5c mid afternoon. At 1am it was 16c, but its now hovering around 15c.
SW wind has been 12-16mph with plenty of 25-28mph gusts.
Sunday morning forecasts have us down for 40mph gusts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Dull and grey here with on and off drizzle. However the sun is doing its best to break out. 15.0°C

Posted

Had a beast of a downpour overnight. 117mm/hr rain rate. 8.4mm today.

Currently sunny spells and 16.7°C.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Woo sun’s out. Didn’t take long

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Mostly cloudy start to the day with a few sunny spells but also a few showers. Seems to be getting increasingly windy to o. 16.3°C

Posted

Just 0.6 mm from yesterday and overnight. Today is following in the same way so far with shower areas to the north and south. Dry and cloudy here with a fair breeze. 

Posted

Downpour!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Intermittent heavyish showers today but nothing out of the ordinary. Looks like the worst of the precipitation will pass to our north this afternoon. Some real torrential rain over Wales at the moment!

Posted

Had a torrential downpour earlier. Another rain rate of close to 100mm/hr. Today's total at 10.4mm. 95mm has fallen since Sunday.

Windy now, gusting to 35mph. Sunny though, and a temp of 17.5°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

First torrential downpour of the day, in true 'shower on, shower off' style.

Posted

Drier than I was expecting it to be this afternoon so far with just the one light shower not long ago. Apart from that it’s been dry with sunny spells but the wind has increased quite a bit compared to earlier. 17.5°C

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Jumper on, jumper off, don’t you just love autumn ?‍♂️ Hope everyone had a pleasant summer.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Jumper on, jumper off, don’t you just love autumn ?‍♂️ Hope everyone had a pleasant summer.

Ah, there's a sign the seasons are changing locally, Karlos is back! Welcome back, are you looking forward to your new heights this year and frozen rain and not liquid rain?

I see you must have dusted off you signature too, as it looks like all the dust has made it on to your profile image

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

talking of rain as I was previously, classic image now showing us sitting in the middle of two rain cells and both pass either side of us (red dot)...typical

Look to my right and I see the southern cell and to my left I can the northern cell..

image.thumb.png.d2846f8221b862f4999d4a1398b32032.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
11 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

talking of rain as I was previously, classic image now showing us sitting in the middle of two rain cells and both pass either side of us (red dot)...typical

Look to my right and I see the southern cell and to my left I can the northern cell..

image.thumb.png.d2846f8221b862f4999d4a1398b32032.png

The southern ones just clipped here. Didn’t get a lot from it but apart from a brief light shower earlier it’s all I’ve had here since this morning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
15 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Ah, there's a sign the seasons are changing locally, Karlos is back! Welcome back, are you looking forward to your new heights this year and frozen rain and not liquid rain?

I see you must have dusted off you signature too, as it looks like all the dust has made it on to your profile image

Awwww thanks DB, I know you must have missed me through the tough summer months. just thought I’d log in and say “ello”... 

found myself a new app recently called rain alarm..... I’ve jumped out my skin on several occasions Today as it warned me a shower was nearby, with its dramatic clap of thunder on full blast  

Posted
24 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Awwww thanks DB, I know you must have missed me through the tough summer months. just thought I’d log in and say “ello”... 

found myself a new app recently called rain alarm..... I’ve jumped out my skin on several occasions Today as it warned me a shower was nearby, with its dramatic clap of thunder on full blast  

Oh hi Karlos. Nice to see you back.

• Like 1

Posted

A real mixture throughout the afternoon with sunny spells and heavy showers... reached 17.0°C

Breezy and clear currently. 13.6°C