Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

Absolutely no forecast or app said ongoing showers. They are all wrong now, have been all morning and are likely to continue to be all afternoon! Several streamers off the Bristol Channel making it a really bad day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

Rain and drizzle on and off this morning. Now heavy rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dry and mostly cloudy here after the overnight rain with the sun starting to break through now. 17.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Another 7.6mm of rain overnight. Up until the 22nd, September was at 20mm of rain. As of today, it's 98.8mm.

Currently sunny spells and 19.2°C

Posted

Been dry here from early morning, until last 30 mins, when we've had a couple of showers. Strange thing is all forecasts said shower activity would die after lunch, but sky is darker, cloudier, looks more threatening right now than at any other time today. Scratches head as to why, and how many, NW members get the blues when seeing a Winter LRF, with Winter still 2 months plus away

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

Another 26.7 mm of rain yesterday and overnight last night bringing a total of 62.8 mm in 48 hours. Definitely worse today than forecast as well with rain for much of the day alternating between drizzly, light and moderate with a few brief drier interludes. Max temp 17.1 °C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Wet overnight, and I recall being woke up after 4am (again).. looking at the radar history there was a deluge of red over me. Explains it!

It's not been a great day with a mix of heavy showers and lighter, more drizzly periods. This afternoon has stayed dry with sunny intervals for the most part although we had a few fleeting showers around lunchtime.

Today's high was 17.4°C... currently 16.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Dry and cloudy. Temp rising.. 15.5°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dry all day after the rain last night. Mostly cloudy during the morning and early afternoon but sunny spells later on. Reached 18.8°C, currently 16.7°C 

Posted

My anemometer cable has somehow got free from the pole. I zip tied it with around 5 large zip ties, so I have no idea how they all broke. It's not causing a massive issue, however, the cable is blowing in the wind and hitting the stainless pole it's on and that is sending a dull clanging noise down the chimney, which can be heard throughout the house.

Gotta find me a roof ladder!

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

I forgot to post this..

I set up a 55L nano tank 10 days ago.

20190925_221112.thumb.jpg.9fb0c6203780680060c015dcc80a7d9d.jpg

The plants are tissue culture, so they were tiny when planted. 10 days growth from high light/co2/fertiliser does wonders!

This is going to be a 'dutch' style aquascape. No hardscape, just plants. I have left a gap at the front right as I have a plant growing out in my other tank which I will propagate and plant in the nano.

• Like 1

Posted

Good morning, another wet start with showers easing but still some in the area.

Another mild night with a low of 14.9°C at 02:46... currently 16.2°C

Posted

Dry with a few sunny spells but mostly cloudy so far and a strong breeze. 17.7°C. 

Posted

Up to 18.8°C earlier.

Had the washing out on the line as we had escaped the showers since mid morning but a light shower just came over now ending the little dry streak. 17.9°C

Posted

Blue sky now. 

Posted

In contrast, heavy shower just came through here and it turned gusty very briefly!

Temp 15.1°C

Posted

Suddenly came over very dark here about 20 minutes ago but nothing happened and now it’s ‘brightened’ up a bit again (as much as it can brighten up now it’s nearly dark anyway).

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

We had several rainbows today, but it saved the best til last.

P1040651 (800x405).jpg

• Like 3