Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
6 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Just cruised through here, although we are way off your rainfall figures..(as usual,,,with your microclimate)

It certainly came down here. We've had as much rain as yesterday - while under a yellow warning. 

1929064174_RainDay(1).thumb.png.1b7fd6bb266354e17a8d6f8c55c50d96.png

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It certainly came down here. We've had as much rain as yesterday - while under a yellow warning. 

1929064174_RainDay(1).thumb.png.1b7fd6bb266354e17a8d6f8c55c50d96.png

Still falling hard here so we might creep up a tad more, we are at 6mm right now..the wind is certainly gusting..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Heavy rain here now and becoming increasingly windy. Definitely feels like autumn now. 16.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Endless light rain, with the odd heavy burst as with earlier. 

Temp steady at 15.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

8.0mm so far since it started raining early this afternoon. Not raining at the moment but looks like it will be again soon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Hail and thunderstorm symbols in the overnight period from the MO... I wonder.

Posted

Reached 18.4°C this morning but most of the afternoon was around 15°C once the rain arrived. Interestingly it's rising again now, currently 16.7°C

Posted

We reached 16.5°C here earlier in the afternoon, but temperature is rising here too now. 15.7°C

Posted

Sunny start again to the day today and that stayed until around 2pm when the cloud and rain set in. The high was 20.0°C. Total rainfall 5.7mm.

Currently misty and 15.6°C. Feeling close.

Edited by Dean E

Posted

Looks like a dry slot after this blob of rain moves through... being quite slow moving.

Before we get the next band in a few hours time.

15.9°C

Posted

Some torrential rain this morning, with 27.4mm since this started yesterday and still climbing, and will do for a while yet. Lots of localised flooding and traffic lights out ....But it feels really muggy, as temperature is  16.7°C and RH97 %, Humidex 21.5°C

Posted

A friend has reported thunder and lightning near Devizes earlier. I was woken by something of a monsoon around 04.00 and it’s still pouring now. I will not be checking my gauge until I can be bothered to venture out!

Posted
44 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

A friend has reported thunder and lightning near Devizes earlier. I was woken by something of a monsoon around 04.00 and it’s still pouring now. I will not be checking my gauge until I can be bothered to venture out!

Coincidentally something woke me up just before half 4. I did have my window open and it sounded vicious outside but I couldn’t be bothered to check! Will have to check the radar archive later.

Rain is pattering off now and the sky has cleared slightly to the south. The temp stayed around 16°C all night and we are currently on 15.5°C which is the lowest it has been.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Hammering down around 04.30 this morning, currently a bit of a lull before another splodge comes over shortly.  That does look like the worst will be over.  Like Andy, I shall check the gauge later, need to do it at 10.00, so it might have stopped by then!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Have missed the worst of the rain so far as it’s gone either side.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

25 mm  rain so far today. A few rumbles of thunder at 8.45 am.