Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
1 hour ago, The Enforcer said:

Spot the difference:

Current Forecast:2019-08-27.thumb.png.dd956270de9df127f1e35dc2e0f8fd15.png

Actual:159523361_2019-08-27(1).thumb.png.151795f8c78c44a8ab812aa8c5627563.png

It's mostly evaporating. Here the radar shows light rain for the last 90 minutes. Well it did - I just counted 6 small drops in the rain gauge funnel, and none made it to the neck. I'm reluctant to even record it as a trace (midnight end of day) but I suppose I should, lol.

EDIT There's a patch of green rain approaching now, that will probably make it to the ground.

Edited by DaveL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Muggy with on and off drizzly rain.

18.2°C... RH 82%

Posted
1 hour ago, The Enforcer said:

Spot the difference:

Current Forecast:2019-08-27.thumb.png.dd956270de9df127f1e35dc2e0f8fd15.png

Actual:159523361_2019-08-27(1).thumb.png.151795f8c78c44a8ab812aa8c5627563.png

Well that post had me flying up the garden quick!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Feeling fresher this morning. Sunny spells with a fresh breeze. 18.8°C

Posted

Just had our hot air balloon flight cancelled for the 5th time due to the incoming front!

The previous 9 evenings would have been fine!!! As will tomorrow and Friday probably!

Posted

Up to 22.6°C earlier... currently 19.9°C

Posted
16 hours ago, DaveL said:

It's mostly evaporating. Here the radar shows light rain for the last 90 minutes. Well it did - I just counted 6 small drops in the rain gauge funnel, and none made it to the neck. I'm reluctant to even record it as a trace (midnight end of day) but I suppose I should, lol.

EDIT There's a patch of green rain approaching now, that will probably make it to the ground.

Was the same here, not even really worth a mention it was such a nothingness..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
18 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Oh and 8 drops of rain 

ha! 9 here!

I hope your holiday was good, Db?

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

ha! 9 here!

I hope your holiday was good, Db?

Thanks Mapantz, it was good, we were out to see the AZ monsoon which didn't happen, and in fact has been the worst year for a VERY long time. So at the agreement of all in the tour we upped stakes and went E then NE , initially into New Mexico, then into Texas. From there we then trekked up to Kansas near Topeka, with a few great days of classic Super-cell action, even a double tornadic storm, before heading back through Colorado, Utah (Monument Valley) and back in to Arizona. Adding 5 tornadoes to our total and some great sight seeing in Utah. Then we took off again in to New Mexico, but things really didn't want to play ball, and finally picked up a couple of Arizona monsoon storms way down SW Arizona with fires on the mountains kicked off by lightning strikes..

Fortunately kept ourselves out the way of the BIG hail (see pic) from a classic Kansas storms!

A couple of piccies the last one the tornado is to the left of the electricity pole, but is was almost 20miles away, and taken before it had a double touchdown (which I have somewhere!).

20190814_200442.jpg

20190814_182819.jpg

20190815_191818.jpg

20190821_124943.jpg

received_455022752018756.jpeg

20190813_150634(0) (1).jpg

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Was that a 'drill bit' tornado in the 4th pic?

The fourth pic was actually a strong dust devil

This shot taken by one of the guys , shows the double tornado we picked up (mine was a phone shot)..

3ACBE710-99F0-4B0D-B7A9-58A017996646.jpeg

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

It has turned quite dark here with some drizzle.. 16.5°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy all day with the occasional light shower and much cooler than the last few days. Reached 20.2°C, currently 17.7°C

Posted

Since the front passed there hasn't been much heavy rain, just drizzly light rain and the breeze has picked up.

14.5°C

Posted

Foggy and cooler than recent nights. 10.0°C

Posted

A cool start with single digits 7.5°C at: 06:16 this morning along with some mist rolling off the heath..Whoa, that was a shock to the system.

Posted

9.3°C was the low overnight here with the mist burning off after dawn. It started off sunny but cloud built throughout the morning however we have had some fine, warm sunny spells although it feels much fresher with the breeze.

Currently 20.2°C

Posted

It got quite chilly overnight with a minimum of 6.5°C Warmed up quite a bit now but still nowhere near as warm as recent days! 17.6°C

Posted

Warming nicely 22.0°C at: 11:28 as the various aircraft begin to arrive in town for the airshow, with a couple just cruised in over the pier just now..

Posted

Hopefully the weather plays nice for the air show, it was quite nice and pleasantly warm last year with mostly blue skies as far as I can remember.

Here it has clouded over even more but there’s still the occasional sunny break. 20.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just about dropped into single figures here last night with a low of 9.9°C. Sunny all day so far although a bit more cloud in the sky now than earlier. 19.4°C