Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dull all day although not overly wet with just a couple of brief periods of heavy rain but otherwise it was mostly drizzle. Dried up a bit later on this afternoon and felt a bit warmer as well. Reached 17.4°C, currently 17.1°C 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Reached 16.8°C just after 7pm..

Currently 16.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Glad I wasn't able to book this Friday off really, as it looks like a complete washout. I've had my fingers crossed for the past week hoping next Friday and the weekend will be dry as I got that booked instead.

And yes! It looks increasingly fine, dry and warm. Hopefully lasts through the BH weekend.

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

A bright morning here with mostly sunny skies and just a few clouds about after an overnight low of 13.7°C at: 05:31

Currently 17.0°C

Posted

On our way home today. Any chance tomorrow’s abysmal forecast could change!? I have outdoor work in the morning then tickets for cricket at Taunton with my father in law in the evening!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
6 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

On our way home today. Any chance tomorrow’s abysmal forecast could change!? I have outdoor work in the morning then tickets for cricket at Taunton with my father in law in the evening!

You never know! I mean, today was meant to be cloudy here but it's actually mostly sunny.

UKV model shows potential for some large rain totals.

viewimage.thumb.png.7adad7ac8f9d6b596ab4ed716f3d5d12.png

Posted

Dry, mostly sunny and a little breezy. 20.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Much better than yesterday today with a sunny start to the day. A bit more cloud through the afternoon but still mostly sunny. 21.7°C

Posted

A good day, started off mostly sunny, a bit more cloud in the afternoon then the skies cleared after about 6pm.

Reached 22.8°C, currently 15.0°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Actually been a very decent day again. High of 21C and 8.5 hours of sunshine. A far cry from yesterday and indeed tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted

Quite warm still earlier this evening after a decent day but it's quite a bit cooler now. Reached 22.4°C, currently 14.2°C

Posted

Overnight low was 12.7°C at: 02:34

So far not much rain here either, just some spitting drizzle but the ground has already dried up again.

Currently 16.6°C

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Miserable here.  Rain started in earnest around 09.00GMT and is still persisting down, albeit slightly lighter than before.  More to come.  Guessing it's about to reach Lords and the cricket....

• Like 1

Posted

Yep, same here near Modbury Lyn. 

Miserable day so far, rain alternating between moderate and heavy. Wind has also picked up a bit in the last hour.

Looks like a conveyor belt of rain for a good few hours yet. Lovely!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Miserable day but nowhere near as wet as expected. Light rain all day so far. Cool though at only 16C.

Posted

Not a lot of rain yet but heavy rain has arrived now. 16.8°C

Posted

Dry patch here for the time being but I presume something heavier will move this way soon. 16.2°C

Posted

The heaviest it has been all day, cool and quite breezy as well.. almost dark enough to have to put the lights on in the living room.

14.8°C

Posted

3 hot air balloon flights cancelled on sunny/windy evenings. Now a sunny/windy evening would have been sufficient for a big cricket match this abhorrence occurs!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

3 hot air balloon flights cancelled on sunny/windy evenings. Now a sunny/windy evening would have been sufficient for a big cricket match this abhorrence occurs!

Horrible Andy, just horrible.

I'm off now for 10 days. Hoping for a gradual improvement through next week. Not going anywhere. Going to finish my patio, once and for all.