Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Sorry for all my posts I do get a bit carried away like an excited kid  when it comes to weather storms snow tornadoes lightning 

The matmass clouds are really going for it right now directly over Frome 

E9F776D1-2BC9-47CB-92CB-6F257E866761.jpeg

D761766D-436E-4B9F-8734-C74DAFD44444.jpeg

3DEEF209-B9B3-491E-805A-95B5BF6CCDB6.jpeg

C96DE353-498D-470F-8135-B5A38F6490A1.jpeg

FE198EB7-642B-4E24-838D-E4872F469B4F.jpeg

ACAB9CD5-98DA-4FCC-8CD9-37F7DFF10EDA.jpeg

0353F615-C221-4E4B-9813-C3BB1B92FA76.jpeg

BB0982E8-E94E-4F7B-9A70-6C11A7BC6778.jpeg

380B2844-B997-4658-96EB-ECCCB9B844B0.jpeg

B4ACBEBB-9DCE-4987-A6F7-83D08D576223.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

A very strange occurrence was that on the radar it was showing intense really heavy rain falling right over me where those  Matmass  clouds were , but nothing was reaching the ground , I'm wondering if updraughts or something kept the rain aloft,  really strange to see such intensity on the radar not making it to the ground . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Still dry here.. everything's dodging me to the north.

20.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny now with blue skies. No showers anywhere near here. 19.3°C

Posted

Torrential thundery showers here, especially this afternoon, very heavy indeed, not been out to check how many mm we've had as it's still hissing down. Harvest will be on stop for a while I think, been dire.

Posted

Hardly a drop today. Outside all day, which is great. Looks tasty out to the West though now. Last chance this eve...

IMG_20190811_195322652_HDR.thumb.jpg.4dde65c7e79f394ff667c1e2e879fcf1.jpg

Posted

Just had the first very heavy shower of the day, as the showers have suddenly started moving W to E rather than SW to NE which bought the continuous line running to my west and north for much of the day into play. Not so much around now however. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Tobertron said:

Just had the first very heavy shower of the day, as the showers have suddenly started moving W to E rather than SW to NE which bought the continuous line running to my west and north for much of the day into play. Not so much around now however. 

From this. I reckon it's shifting SE now, as it fizzles out.

IMG_20190811_201147380_HDR.thumb.jpg.4d90106db93afc7526f88130bd1bbfc3.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Dry with sunny spells all day here. Temp made 20.2°C.

Hardly any rain here this month, despite being under warnings several times.

Posted
3 hours ago, offerman said:

A very strange occurrence was that on the radar it was showing intense really heavy rain falling right over me where those  Matmass  clouds were , but nothing was reaching the ground , I'm wondering if updraughts or something kept the rain aloft,  really strange to see such intensity on the radar not making it to the ground . 

Hi Offerman, how much rain have you recorded today? The net weather accumulated suggests crazy amounts in some parts of our area.

Posted

Hi Andy 

And a nice holiday up there .

I'll be honest in that my garage got completely smashed in the extreme winds that we had . 

Was horrendous down here .  My WeatherPro it was a present from my mum a few years ago but I got totally smashed so I need to get another one . 

The winds were incredible last night driving to see my mum and dad I was stopped by some workmen tree surgeons  Who had to cut a massive branch of a huge tree several of the branches had come down during the previous night but huge one was a danger to life .   I saw them chop it down while waiting to drive round the road and it would have no doubt killed somebody . 

At a guess I would say anywhere between 40 mm to 60 mm possibly even more it was a horrendous amount of rain just to space of a couple of hours .  Maybe my estimates are over the top but it just seem like it was relentless it was proper torrential rain continuous . 

Enjoy the rest of your holiday out there more rain expected down here on Wednesday  with a chance of storms and then again I think at the end of the week ....

August does seem to be the start of the autumn over the last few years . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Mostly clear and calm. 14.5°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Really enjoyed watching the weather today, plenty of hefty showers in Exeter, the occasional rumble of thunder at 3-4pm and more frequent thunder at around 5-6pm.

Posted

High today was 20.9°C felts nice enough, even in the keen SW'ly breeze.

Currently 15.0°C with a heavy shower. The shower in fact formed overhead as it was raining with nothing showing on the radar for the first 10 minutes! Appears some convection has started locally.

Reminds me of autumn storms formed from the contrasting sea/land temperatures! 

Posted

Currently 13.7°C, dry for now but may catch them showers currently over the Bournemouth area if all aligns well.

Posted

Good morning, mostly cloudy after a little spot of drizzle earlier. The overnight low was 12.8°C at: 05:52

Currently 17.1°C

Posted

Light shower with hail just now. 17.5°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

16.0c. Humidity 62% Rh

1015 hPa. NW Breeze 6 mph. 

Mostly Cloudy. Some sunny intervals.

Posted

Showery start to the day today, had some early rumbles of thunder from the passing heavier showers to my SE. Overnight rainfall 2.2mm with a low of 11.1°C.

Currently mostly cloudy, 16.5°C. Feeling humid even with the lower temperature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Quite a few showers so far today and just heard a rumble of thunder a few minutes ago although it’s sunny here at the moment. 16.4°C

Posted
3 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Quite a few showers so far today and just heard a rumble of thunder a few minutes ago although it’s sunny here at the moment. 16.4°C

Have a look to your NW, if you can. Just light rain here, so far, but it's been building up and looks pretty dark to our South/South East.

OH is heading to Christchurch for the day. Our friend has texted from there to say bring a raincoat, as they've just got caught in the hail.

Posted

Mostly cloudy and dry since that shower earlier. Temperature hasn’t moved much since this morning. 17.6°C

Edit: Saying that, it's turned bright in the past 5 minutes with blue sky overhead. Nice.

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

Not so bad now but the breeze has a noticeable chill to it. 

It has shot up to 19.2°C

0C0CF3DB-F228-491C-8DEC-5740BC2189E8.thumb.jpeg.2aa0d0c04f8cbad0e29ca74b1b7ee4a4.jpeg