Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Cool, wet, dismal. Currently 16.4°C. The 'warmest' temperature today was actually overnight when it rose to 17.1°C at: 02:46

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Starting to brighten up a little. 17.0°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just drizzly rain so far. Occasional sun too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Windy and cloudy with lots of showers although the sun has made the odd brief appearance. 17.9°C

Do they know something we don’t?  

0712F8A1-786C-483D-8B8A-D56BD095593C.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Wow absolutely crazy rain! Some of the heaviest I've ever seen. Was under dark purple on the radar for a little while and it certainly felt like it. Really gusty winds as the rain started and one rumble of thunder nearby too! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

A few lightning to my east. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just cloudy and windy here at the moment, no showers at all over the last hour or so. 

Posted

Well considering the low came right over are area its managed to stay dry here since around 9am this morning somehow avoiding all the showers! 19.8°C

Edit: Its finally raining here!

Edited by TomW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

In Swanage just had an Ice Cream and now the sun is out and lots of blue around feels nice and pleasant out there. Had a few showers around earlier but seem to have missed the worst and it's clearing up now. 

Edited by Summerstorm

Posted

I've just had a direct hit from one of them thar torrential showers, it reached 100 mm/hour for a while and I did feel sorry for the two collar necked doves having a mating dance on my front lawn. They just froze and are still sitting there in it 9 millimetres of rain later,  as if all their passion has been washed away, poor things lol.

13 mm so far today, max 20.1, current 17.9.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Apart from some rain this morning, anything remotely interesting has completely missed here.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Apart from some rain this morning, anything remotely interesting has completely missed here.

Same here. Just a dry cloudy afternoon with the odd sunny spell here. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Same here. Just a dry cloudy afternoon with the odd sunny spell here. 

I think we're going to head South in a bit to try and find some sunny spells and some tea. ?️

Posted
1 minute ago, jtay said:

I think we're going to head South in a bit to try and find some sunny spells and some tea. ?️

Sun has just come out properly for the first time all day now. 18.3°C

• Like 1

Posted

Has been a rather disappointing day. Haven't seen much storm action, but again wasn't expecting much! 

We've had mostly drizzle showers, with the odd heavier burst on and off today, but only 1.7mm of rain has fallen!

Currently Partly Sunny and 19.4°C, the highest so far today.

Posted

A split day between gardening and swimming lol,kept going but thank goodness for efficient waterproofs,had numerous bouts of heavy rain,but on the basis my gardens really needed it,i was one of the few folk actually smiling as the heavens opened today

Posted

Warmest it has been all day here too, still mostly cloudy however there's a few sunny spells coming and going. Currently 19.3°C

Posted

Pulses of very heavy rain. No thunder or lightning. Very little wind right now. It was quite gusty this morning for a time. My area lingered within the central area of the circulation/ low for quite some time this afternoon - its around the Birmingham area now. Expecting frequent bursts of heavy rain here.

Posted

After seeing the CAPE charts last night, I didn’t have much expectation for today, but even so very little thundery activity for our region with the action up in the North West. After all the rain they had over the weekend not the place that needed to see more rain.

Posted

Another sharp shower.. temperature peaked at 19.5°C at: 17:28

Currently 18.2°C