Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

17.3°C here, it managed to get down to 17.6°C before midnight so that beats my highest low of 16.0°C on 24/6, a month apart!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
9 hours ago, bellanite said:

Incredible night stayed up till the last flickers on the horizon. I can safely say I'm no longer storm starved.?️

Posted these on the storms thread but thought I'd put them here too. Not bad for a first attempt. Love the first one think it looks like someone running ☺

IMG_1642.JPG

IMG_1594.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

Great pics.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, some mist out over the channel begins the morning, after an overnight low of 15.9°C at: 06:04. The sky is wall to wall blue, so things could warm today, we shall see. Currently 15.9°C with the RH90 %, Humidex 19.5°C

Posted

Well, it is all about temperature today.
Not sure we will get the 38-39c highest here.
It was 22c at midnight, with a  low of 20.1c at 5am
it is now 22.9c, 6-8mph, ESE wind, 1010.2 hPa..

Posted

Well, my town is a notorious hot spot when it comes to heatwaves. Unofficially (we do not have an official station here for obvious UHI reasons), we equalled Gravesend temperatures (cannot remember the year) prior to that record being set. Tennis courts were melting etc.. but I was in Edinburgh at the time and never got to experience it.

This morning its 23C already! Personally, and willing-on a record break aside, high 30sC is just uncomfortable when so humid, and the plants certainly don't like temps in the 90s either 

Posted

24c here already, RH 57% but, fortunately doesn't look like humidity will be an issue later according to MO which is good as I need to be outside for a short while at midday. 

Any temps 35c + will become unbearable even for those used to it as the body cannot physically cool down, so if you need to be outside drink frequently and keep a cool damp flannel nearby and get cool water onto pulse points. Don't wait til you start to feel the heat. ( In teacher mode here). I have to teach a class at 11 and the gym isn't air conditioned. Am in 2 minds whether to cancel tbh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Right - the heat is on! Let’s see if we can stay sunny all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extremes
45 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

In other news, we're having an inter family competition as to where will get hottest. Dubai, London, Benson or Brum!

At 08:00 Benson was the hottest place in the UK, 25.7C, quickly dropped to joint 6th as Jersey Airport waded in with 28C (Do we count them as they are not part of the mainland?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Sunny and already quite warm after an overnight low of 16.1°C @ 05:20.

Currently 25.0°C RH 71%

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

They're here too, Mapantz.  Currently 28.1°C with a usefully cooling breeze.

IMG_20190725_095457 (699x800).jpg

Posted
1 hour ago, Bob G said:

At 08:00 Benson was the hottest place in the UK, 25.7C, quickly dropped to joint 6th as Jersey Airport waded in with 28C (Do we count them as they are not part of the mainland?)

We usually get the coldest part of Brirain, not warmest

It's 28c imby atm, but we tend to be slightly cooler than the base. Still think London will beat us and with all the buildings retaining their heat,it's going to be an awful night there 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

Showers now heading for south coast Poole Isle of Wight 

Posted

Just checking the forecast for next week for my neighbour and saw this....what the ********!

250719.JPG

Posted

To the south... Currently 27.5°C with a gentle breeze.. 

98B80632-18D8-4C20-8BCD-C457865D73B4.thumb.jpeg.dece233d6e8f49232e5a85a8dfdeba74.jpeg

Likewise I’ve got symbols for thundershowers between 1 and 4.. @Lyn-M

Posted

Currently on track for the warmest day ever recorded at my station, if the cloud stays away.

Currently 29.9°C 

Edit: just seen the satellite and radar. I may now struggle as come convective clouds are surging north over the Channel!

Edited by Dean E

Posted

Clouding over. 27.9°C

932FD959-445E-440B-92B2-D74063773920.thumb.jpeg.44d1fe88376e00a7cae0aae34a4f77b2.jpeg

Posted

Currently 31.0°C, but a bit more cloud around now.  Off to check my July highest and my all time highest.....

Posted

A few drops of rain here.