Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Storms

Just going through some stills of video footage taken towards the end of the storm last night. Not managed to capture anything exciting other than 1 tiny fork of lightning but does anyone know what this tube like shape thing is at the end of a cloud?

EEB73124-8AF1-4A55-AD26-7132A584ACB2.png

373DE093-ED87-48E6-8018-F62F48AD9772.png

Posted

Beautiful day here. A much nicer 25c heat with sunny skies. Shame the ultra-high temps and humidity have to return tomorrow.

Posted
1 hour ago, Calneee said:

Just going through some stills of video footage taken towards the end of the storm last night. Not managed to capture anything exciting other than 1 tiny fork of lightning but does anyone know what this tube like shape thing is at the end of a cloud?

EEB73124-8AF1-4A55-AD26-7132A584ACB2.png

373DE093-ED87-48E6-8018-F62F48AD9772.png

To me it could be 2 things ; scud as it looks like low cloud in the foreground with the lit up anvil in the distance, or a randomly shaped area of clear sky.

I saw both last night at different stages, in fact it’s amazing how long stars were visible for between the cells. It would have been fascinating to see in daylight.

Or of course neither of those lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Storms

Ok thanks really interesting, ta☺️

Yes I think scud is what it is. Here is an earlier still of it forming (the sky lit up by lightning) I think the low cloud could maybe the trees?

B5393935-A689-46AA-B812-531A32D66738.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

My low of 18.4°C this morning would be a new record. However, I record data midnight to midnight, so you can bank on it getting down to below 17°C before midnight, meaning my record won't get broken. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

28.5°C was the high here today, with mostly sunny skies for most of the day, but the sunshine is a bit hazy now.

Currently 27.1°C

Posted

Incredible night stayed up till the last flickers on the horizon. I can safely say I'm no longer storm starved.?️

Posted these on the storms thread but thought I'd put them here too. Not bad for a first attempt. Love the first one think it looks like someone running ☺

IMG_1642.JPG

IMG_1594.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

• Like 7

Posted

A school in Salisbury is going to be shut tomorrow due to ‘extreme heat’ . Quite amusing considering in this area it might not be as hot as yesterday!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
57 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

A school in Salisbury is going to be shut tomorrow due to ‘extreme heat’ . Quite amusing considering in this area it might not be as hot as yesterday!

And I doubt any schools, that are still open, further east will be closing due to the 36/37/38... forecast

Posted

A lower max of 26.5 °C today, helped by quite extensive mid-level cloud this afternoon. Still felt very warm out and especially in buildings today! 

Posted

22.1°C currently. In comparison, it was still almost 26°C at this time last night.

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

I see the UKV is showing a peppering of showers in our region tomorrow morning?! Also, more cloud in the afternoon. Probably why the max temperature has had 2°C knocked off of it.

viewimage.thumb.png.84d2940bf3dacc4ffbd0a0e09715f2a7.png viewimage.thumb.png.12af2e2fc82e5596d661fade5eaa6c94.png

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I see the UKV is showing a peppering of showers in our region tomorrow morning?! Also, more cloud in the afternoon. Probably why the max temperature has had 2°C knocked off of it.

Similar happened on 1st July 2015 in a similar set up, there were several sharp showers from mid level cloud in the morning/lunch period, it got to 34c that day.

Posted
20 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

viewimage.thumb.png.84d2940bf3dacc4ffbd0a0e09715f2a7.png viewimage.thumb.png.12af2e2fc82e5596d661fade5eaa6c94.png

What is the UKV’s take on tomorrow evening? Are we in with a chance?

Posted
4 minutes ago, Azazel said:

What is the UKV’s take on tomorrow evening? Are we in with a chance?

A very scattered affair on the UKV, a very slim chance but like yesterday, stuff developed all over the place.

1896801697_viewimage(2).thumb.png.46f4759bf5a7aaa10070010c86bf0c1d.png  1072415750_viewimage(3).thumb.png.3d9014a739b7067ba7d1d6d01e9dba6e.png 2085182565_viewimage(4).thumb.png.c654c00d449d616e01529db5f40e6984.png 426291875_viewimage(5).thumb.png.7645ce75ac00eb671ed0763359310aab.png

Strangely, the Met Office forecast has just updated and has added a degree back on to my max temp - 29°C now, and showing the thunderstorm icon around lunchtime. I may finally hit 30°C. It's the first time in 4 years that I haven't hit 30°C this far in to Summer.

• Like 1

Posted

MO has 31°C for me tomorrow... with a lightning symbol at 3pm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

All I ask for is full sunshine between 11 and 4!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The high today was 24.4°C but that was at midnight. During the day the temperature stayed between 20°C and 22°C with the sea breeze keeping it a lot lower than inland areas. 

Posted

It's down to 18.5°C here so almost as cool as today's low from the overnight period.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

55 mins to go. Currently 18.9°C. I don't want it to drop below 18.4°C. 

18.2°C here so matching my low and it's not going to hold out for 52 minutes.. aww

Posted

I've been rewiring my gardens power today, with armoured cable etc. I picked up a set of mains powered LED lights. There's only 10 bulbs, but they're big and bright. Perfect under my Wisteria / sitting area.

20190724_215927.thumb.jpg.88e0593ff68e910934d5848e51c39267.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Yay! New record LED flashing on my home page. Beaten my highest  minimum from 2016, which was 17.6°C. New record is 18.3°C.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Didn't beat my highest min here. The record here is 18.7°C on 2nd July last year while this time the low was 18.2°C an hour ago. Still 18.2°C now

Edited by matt111