Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

Still plenty of lightning, thunder and rain down in Glawstershire, in fact it just started hammering down. Luckily, not got to be in work until 2pm.

Bill

Posted
8 minutes ago, Bill said:

Still plenty of lightning, thunder and rain down in Glawstershire, in fact it just started hammering down. Luckily, not got to be in work until 2pm.

Bill

Round two starting up. Very heavy rain. So far, thunder and lightning not as intense but its definitely a cracking storm by normal standards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still awake as no sleep possible here with it still being 20.7°C outside. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Still awake as no sleep possible here with it still being 20.7°C outside. 

We shall crave that, come Winter I'm very glad my veg has had a nice deep watering. Not every day/night you see lighting so frequent and bright that it makes you duck, so this sultry period is just marvellous. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Well we had a short yet punchy storm here 2310-2345 in Plymouth.  The main cell obviously moved over Lyme Bay towards Exeter but boy did it pelt down here during that period.

Loads of lightning towards the East after our storm had moved. Estofex got it spot on, we were on the boarder so it was welcomed!

Suns coming up now- hopefully the humidity of the last 2 days will have been reduced a bit!

Posted

Not a bad show last night with a bit of everything but without the major hit here. Got a bit of sleep. Now to bluff my way through the day and get a good nights sleep tonight. Hope everyone enjoyed what was delivered.

Currently cloudy and 21.6c

Posted

Hmm, well we have to be thankful for what was provided, with a high based storm before midnight, but a mere 1.6mm of rain so nothing to write home about as severe by any means. Certainly seems the further north you were the more intense the storms were, but that was a given anyway I think.

Current the same as the overnight low of 17.9°C at: 06:20 with a RH92 %..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Missed it. Wife said I snored through it all.

• Like 1

Posted

7mm in total from last night, so not too much. Had the one main cell pass overhead around midnight which was absolutely spectacular. Then rapid formations just a little too far east to be direct hits, but still plenty of lightning/thunder around. Already over 20 °C and much warmer than that in the house! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

What a night! Beautiful lightning displays. Briefly had some torrential rain at about 01.30 from storm number 2. Very little in the way of thunder though.

Overall very impressive and more similar to July 2013 than the 2014/17 storms.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

0.6mm rain from the small cell around 23.30, then nothing except a spectacular light show to the NE/E/SE which was continuous and had distant low rumbles in.  Suspect I missed some of the later lightning as out bedroom faces NE and we were able to get back to sleep shortly after midnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Having been to Florida a few times before and later this year again, I've seen a fair few thunderstorms and I can officially say that I have never seen that much electricity in the sky. Constant rumbling and flashes every second. Then the rain hit and some massive gusts of wind. That is the best thunderstorm I have ever seen. ?️

• Like 2

Posted

That thundery spell started about 11:30pm here and finished at 1:30am
A nice little show of lightning with a few rumbles of Thunder.
1.5mm of rain before midnight and 9mm after.
It was still 25.6c at midnight, a low of 20.5c at 5am.
Another blue start to the day, 23.5c, 1012 hpa, very light WSW wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temp got down to 18.4°C here. Slept very well.

Currently blue skies and 24.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

It stayed around 20°C before it started dropping away around 4am to a low of 18.2°C at 04:56

Mostly sunny this morning and up to 22.3°C... RH 81%

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Met office have it down as 23°C for the max here at around 2pm. It's currently 25°C. Low humidity though, just 55%.

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Met office have it down as 23°C for the max here at around 2pm. It's currently 25°C. Low humidity though, just 55%.

Ah well that's in keeping as I picked up 27.1°C at: 10:56

Posted

Beautiful stormy evening last night. Storms arrived at around 11.30pm and lasted to around 2am. From the radar, I counted 3 separate cells that formed one behind the other to give near continuous lightning throughout! Only 1mm of rain fell last night, given the elevated nature of these storms last night.

Low last night was 17.8C but was still 25C at midnight last night, was a long time since I've seen that here.

Currently sunny with a light Southerly breeze, 27.2C. Humidity has dropped slightly since yesterday, sat at 59%.

Edited by Dean E

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Back to sunny and warm rather than hot again today and with a change in wind direction the sea breeze is back so it’s actually quite a lot cooler than yesterday. 21.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Just hit 28°C here.. RH is 62%