Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Wow, that was a fairly brief but whopper of a storm! Frequent lightning and no thunder to begin with and then as the rain started there  were some really loud cracks, the air was so electrified! Pretty gusty winds too! Not too shabby

Taunton, Somerset btw

Edited by Somerset Squall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Temperature has fallen to 21.8°C in the past 15 minutes.

Posted

Still almost constant lightning from I’m presuming more mid level cloud/anvils and I dare say the storm from the coast towards Salisbury is extending this way now. Possibly going to get the Western edge of that or some daughter cells/back building developing rapidly.

Edited by Andy Bown
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Evening all, just stopping by to report we've had the most incredible thunder storm I think I've ever seen. Constant sheet and forked lightning, the thunder wasn't the usual loud clap followed by a break but constant bangs and crashes with no let up in between. It looked and sounded just like a film set for a WW11 blitz scene. Unbelievable.

• Like 2

Posted

Plenty of lightning just to the south of me, thunder is rumbling a bit too and it's still very warm and sweaty. Moths are a bit of a nuisance too, but you've got to have the windows open.

Bill

Posted

All that's left here now is rain - 5mm of it so far and continuing. I just checked the latest online forecast from the Met Office for here - less than 5% chance of rain indeed. The least said about that, the better as my daughter relies on it, that'll teach her! 

20190724forecast.jpg

Edited by DaveL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

92B72C12-4C00-4DC2-9DF6-23DD2BD0F3E4.thumb.png.c7cb800cb99555d8d8cfe3d2b9051df4.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Storms

Still going here. Can hear heavy thunder now & constant flashes of lightening. Had the briefest of heavy downpour. Think I’m going to get double whammed by what’s coming up through Salisbury. Me & dog have come in from the garden & watching it through conservatory roof now

ok, even I’m not that brave. Gone into the house now!BoomMy windows shook!

Edited by Calneee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Much quieter here now. Can still see frequent lightning to the NE though. Still very warm although the temperature has dropped slightly now. 22.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

All I can say is WOW!!!  Constant lightning to the west of me for about half an hour then there was some lightning from the other direction a good half an hour before we heard thunder. Big drops of rain to start now sounds like it is easing off. Can still here the thunder in the distance. One very happy girl tonight.

Edited by nettie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Renewed lightning to my SSW after round one went up and over Bristol. 

Really odd having lightning to my east, west and south a clear sky above.

Posted
20 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Amazing how widespread it actually was but it still sidesteps me lol

Hmmmm Wareham must have connections with Westbury then. One storm to the left of me now one to the right. Oh well, the light show was good but no direct hit with just a brief shower of rain. Time to call it a day. Work in the morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

After a brief lull we have more thunder & lightning. 

Posted

More developments off the SW edge of the cells. Such rapid formation in the last 10 minutes! Another storm incoming for Warminster.

• Like 1