Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted

Just hit 31.5°C, really does feel it.

Started doubting my temperatures, but checked my back up sensor, reporting 31.1°C. stations around me the same. Petersfield to my North is reporting 33°C on several stations. A real micro-climate there.

Record here is 33.7°C set back in 2017. Can't see that being beaten! 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dean E said:

Just hit 31.5°C, really does feel it.

Started doubting my temperatures, but checked my back up sensor, reporting 31.1°C. stations around me the same. Petersfield to my North is reporting 33°C on several stations. A real micro-climate there.

Record here is 33.7°C set back in 2017. Can't see that being beaten! 

You're probably not a million miles off. There's so many little local differences round here because of the coastline. Most stations a few miles back from the main coastline in Hants / W Sussex are above 30C now unless right beside water to the east, and most areas 20 miles inland or more are currently over 32C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just reached 30C. Even a rubbish June can do it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Proper heat here today at 29.4c, 30c certainly possible.

20190629_142441.jpg

Posted
9 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

You're probably not a million miles off. There's so many little local differences round here because of the coastline. Most stations a few miles back from the main coastline in Hants / W Sussex are above 30C now unless right beside water to the east, and most areas 20 miles inland or more are currently over 32C.

So true! Events like this really do show where the localised differences really are.

Didn't realise until now that the highest June temperature recorded was in Southampton in 1976. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
10 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Indeed we are, currently 32.3C here in Fleet and temps haven't seemed to plateau yet. It's HOT!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

reached 32c on my sensor.........shame about the utter lack of a proper stormy breakdown....it seems these days that even places millions of miles ooop north near the arctic circle get elevated plume storms whilst we get naff all.....last summer and this summer (so far) utterly pathetic for storms

Edited by A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Still hot here with that warm breeze blowing over the hill. Heading home soon, shame I miss the Kaiser Chiefs!

Posted
16 minutes ago, Dean E said:

And we continue to rise, 32.4°C. Winds still Easterly, no sign of the local sea breeze yet.

I’ve just been checking the apps. Both Met and Apple show a wind change from hot Southerly to fresher Westerly between 18.00 to 20.00 with an 8c drop in that time due presumably to the cold front.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

After hovering for a couple of hours it’s finally moved. Now 28.2°C

Posted
21 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

I’ve just been checking the apps. Both Met and Apple show a wind change from hot Southerly to fresher Westerly between 18.00 to 20.00 with an 8c drop in that time due presumably to the cold front.

My wife will be really pleased to hear that...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Seems to be cooling down here, got to 29.4c an hour ago, but has dropped back to 25.5c now.

Posted
30 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

My wife will be really pleased to hear that...

Lol. My wife will then moan it’s too cool to sit out at dusk! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Reached 28.3°C not long ago but how dropped to 26.8°C. 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

33.1°C max here, now dropped to 30.7°C.  0.4°C short of the max on 19th June 2017 which was the highest June temp in my records (2000).

Posted

Can't complain been in the sun all afternoon, and the onshore breeze has kept is really pleasant, now dropped off to 25.9°C

Posted
23 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Lol. My wife will then moan it’s too cool to sit out at dusk! 

Simples, turn the oven on, place wife next to oven, migrate to the garden with beer in hand...both parties ...total enjoyment...