Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

Still at 25.7°C here. Humidity is low too, 39%

Yeah same sort of figures here, where is this humid air...all been blown to Cornwall maybe..

Posted
41 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Yeah same sort of figures here, where is this humid air...all been blown to Cornwall maybe..

The real humidity is just over the channel, its now beginning its journey back towards our shores, expect it to feel close by tomorrow morning

image.thumb.png.ba1420b4872440320f35aaabf7d23b81.png

Posted

I'm also having a rather rapid temperature drop, compared to you guys further west. Lost 3°C between 18:40 and 19:40. Other stations in my area also dropping at the same rate, slightly odd

Possibly due to lower humidity? 

Edited by Dean E

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

20.4°C here, RH is 54%

Max was 25.4°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

A max temp of 25.8 °C today, the highest of the year so far. Out of the strong breeze it really felt hot today in the sun, with almost clear skies the whole day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dropped a bit here in the last couple of hours after holding above 23°C until after 7pm. Currently 19.3°C

Posted

This has been like we had for weeks last year in respect of a fresh start, unbroken sunshine, max around 26c to 27c, E/SE breeze and cooling off reasonably quickly after 20.00!

Posted
11 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Where are the Swifts and Swallows? Havent seen any here this Summer

Best year in 12 that I've known for Swifts round here. Both here and in Downton.

Also, watching the House Martins ganging up and seeing off the Sparrowhawk daily has been awesome.

Swallow numbers might be down though, but they're still about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Stayed above 20°C until around 20:30 but it’s cooling off quickly again this event.

16.7°C

Posted

Down to 17C already here. Despite currently being under the same uppers that broke the UK temperature record, it doesn't feel like a proper heatwave! Needing a jumper outside, that's not heatwave conditions! I guess tomorrow night will be different. 

Posted

14.7°C here currently, very cool outside.This time tomorrow, I'll be dreaming of that 14°C!

I'm more impressed that I managed to get a near-perfect solar output today. 

image.thumb.png.e3ce25bd51c01ab50af9b12b05beeb88.png

Cloudless day!

Edited by Dean E

Posted

So there was me expecting to drive back from Scotland into stifling heat, but instead I was greeted by a lovely refreshing breeze! 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Don said:

So there was me expecting to drive back from Scotland into stifling heat, but instead I was greeted by a lovely refreshing breeze! 

You gone off the idea of record breaking temps now, some models did suggest it, but as always too far out in FI land....

Posted

The NC thread assured me that I was looking at the right thing. The faintest whisp just before 11:30pm.

OI000012.thumb.jpg.6485f2de6553b33358609f8acd48e8ac.jpg

Not much about after that, but it's a start and l'm quite tired now. Midnight is far too late for me.

• Like 1

Posted

Endless blue to boot after an overnight low of 11.9°C @ 05:15

Up to 15.8°C now

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

After an overnight low 12 9°C of we're ramping up already 19.7°C, the breeze that picked little over an hour ago as temperatures started to climb has eased back a little, and we have clear skies, so what will the day bring us....

Posted

Some cirrus has bubbled up over the past hour but it’s still feeling warm. 19.3°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

Lovely morning with a pinkish sky with a few small clouds floating around. Temperature is 18C currently and thats the max meto have given us today probably due to wind. I'm not really bothered as I enjoyed the wind yesterday because when I was in the sun and out of the wind I found it too hot.

Live Webcam: https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/united-kingdom/england/torquay/torquay.html

There's a cool looking cloud at the moment off Porthmeor beach in St Ives. I'm not sure what type it is: https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/united-kingdom/england/st-ives/porthmeor-beach.html

Porthmeor.thumb.jpg.5eb0bb11dc3401f0e88ab95c1cdcae07.jpg

And some pictures of unusual surf at the beach in Torquay yesterday caused by the easterly wind. Its normally very calm there.

Torquay_27_June_2019_1.JPG

Torquay_27_June_2019_2.JPG

Edited by TQWX

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun

Does anyone know why my links in the above post don't work? Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't and I don't know what does that. I hate posting links that don't work.

Posted
28 minutes ago, TQWX said:

Does anyone know why my links in the above post don't work? Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't and I don't know what does that. I hate posting links that don't work.

Are you using the 'Link' option - https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/united-kingdom/england/torquay/torquay.html

Looks like this...

image.thumb.png.98e81c3f1315e098cc7e6f5fd6524adf.png

• Like 1