Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Very dark to the north.

9EE7AF38-580D-4DE3-8402-BE9EFDC40C76.thumb.jpeg.f7b2d18ace8ceee1266d06ccacfcd31b.jpeg

Also getting darker to the east 

319F9AC5-BDD1-4DE5-AC36-DEDB9A02D1C1.thumb.jpeg.1ca23cfed5c2aa38dee8cbc68a960486.jpeg

Posted
Just now, CheesepuffScott said:

No showers yet.. but they’re approaching from the east. Temp is 12.2°C

I suspect we'll just end up with a drizzly mess. At least I hope that's all we get, as I'd like to go for a wander at 5. Got soaked this morning.

• Like 1

Posted

I've been a home owner for almost 32 years and i've never clicked the central heating on in the month of June.......until now. Just switched it on to take the chill off.

Unbelieveable!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

I've been a home owner for almost 32 years and i've never clicked the central heating on in the month of June.......until now. Just switched it on to take the chill off.

Unbelieveable!

I put it all down to an age-related inability to manoeuvre my Zimmer-frame all the way to my jumper cupboard!:oldgrin:

• Like 2

Posted

Not a bad day today, started cloudy but soon brighten up to give a lovely day! High was 20.8°C, currently 18.2°C with partly cloudy skies.

There's a sea breeze convergence line just to my North, with very dark skies there. Appears the line is pretty much stationary, with showers moving NE to SW. 

Posted

Max temp today 10.5°C drizzle and moderate rain all day with 9.9mm. Who would have thought it was June, there was better weather at Christmas!

Even lit the

Screenshot_20190611-175007.jpg

Edited by bellanite

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Piddling down now.

How is it that whatever direction the rain comes from it misses me and dumps on you? Look at this radar shot, the dot is where I live and sure enough the heavy precip missed us, and yet you got the bucketfull? Confused of Poole  ;^(

image.thumb.png.b912d371606446b6994862028bb9ebeb.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Pretty exceptional day for mid-June. Could have easily been a November day. Dark, wet and windy and feeling very cool. A high of just 12°C after a low of 9.2°C. Managed 22.9 mm of rain from last night as well. 

Edited by Tobertron

Posted
49 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I put it all down to an age-related inability to manoeuvre my Zimmer-frame all the way to my jumper cupboard!:oldgrin:

Never thought of putting a jumper on Pete. Oops! But thanks for the reminder

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Yep, nothing notable here, just persistent drizzle. Horrible. A top temp of 13.9°C today.

Currently 11.8°C

Posted

Just got back in. No rain really, just the odd spot.

Bumped into my birdwatching mate on the meadows and we saw a Hobby, which I wouldn't have spotted.

The Swallows, Swifts and House Martins were having field day with the midges on the river.

Then on the way home, I saw a wet fox in the field carrying a trout. It saw me, dropped the trout and ran off. Then when I moved on, it came back for it.

Here's the fox's fish...

IMG_20190611_175922349.thumb.jpg.26a963ab7f63c20ffbfc944d2559d7fd.jpg

And here he/she is in the distance, coming back for it. .

IMG_20190611_180111119_HDR.thumb.jpg.a2c644bfee48aab5631f1388470b8743.jpg

Edited by jtay
  • Like 1

Posted

Coldest June day since I began recording temperatures in 2006, max 12.3c during a brief bright period otherwise stuck below 11c all day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Unusual for it to be warmer than everywhere else here during the summer months but today it seems it was as it reached 18.1°C when the sun came out this afternoon. Ok so it didn't stay that warm for long but it was nice while it lasted. Feels cool again now and with the breeze certainly doesn't feel like June. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Cloudy and dry. 10.3°C

Posted

Dry but breezy. Temp hovering around 9°C

Posted

Morning All, just made it into single digits overnight, 9.9°C at: 04:55 now only marginally warmer (by 0.1C) and patchy drizzle is the starting order of the day.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

13.2°C max for yesterday, coldest June day since 1999 when it was 11°C on 5th.  currently 10.5 after a low of 10.0.

Posted

This morning our heating kicked in as the thermostat temperature dropped to 15c! No sun on the warm side of the house for nearly 48 hours added to a cold East wind on the other side of the house. Lounge is usually the warmest room and it’s below 18c. I have washing out in the vague hope it might brighten up later but with it feeling damp in the air, wet on the ground and only 9.2c with thick cloud it might as well be November or March. I thought with a big LOW over us we would at least have sunshine then heavy showers not endless gloom.

Its a cold, raw and depressingly gloomy morning in Bournemouth. It could be really be anytime from late October through to early April you couldn't tell the difference. 12C with little prospect of that increasing much.

Posted

Heavy shower currently developing above here, really dark skies for the last hour and now some very heavy rain.

image.thumb.png.49a02ce72470390f88cb5c6790d7c437.png

Weather station is reporting quite a bit of rain! No thunder yet.

Temp 14.1°C, winds light from SE. High so far today 18.2°C.

Edited by Dean E
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, Dean E said:

Heavy shower currently developing above here, really dark skies for the last hour and now some very heavy rain.

image.thumb.png.49a02ce72470390f88cb5c6790d7c437.png

Weather station is reporting quite a bit of rain! No thunder yet.

Temp 14.1°C, winds light from SE. High so fart today 18.2°C.

Nice one.

The Met Office have put the South East of our region under a Yellow for the afternoon/evening.

image.thumb.png.66726d8006f40108773f43375fbdd32a.png

Posted
4 minutes ago, jtay said:

Nice one.

The Met Office have put the South East of our region under a Yellow for the afternoon/evening.

image.thumb.png.66726d8006f40108773f43375fbdd32a.png

Interesting, did note yesterday in their Youtube live video that they were keeping a close eye on today!

9 minutes ago, Dean E said:

Interesting, did note yesterday in their Youtube live video that they were keeping a close eye on today!

Apart from a few isloated Sferics over in Sussex there hasn't been enough heating to get convection really going. We are going to up with a big mushy convective mess by the looks of it.