Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
58 minutes ago, mike5900 said:

rain and showers that was going west. now appear to be moving east.

Literally in the centre of the LOW. Annoyingly my postcode marker isn’t showing on this screenshot.

F5CB7E21-7BB7-451A-8BE8-BB93F41EA767.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Before today I hadn't recorded any measurable rainfall this month but after the rain so far today I've now had more than the whole of last month. 16.0mm so far today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Manual rain gauge has 25mm in it. No thunderstorms today, didn't think we'd get one here to be fair, despite multiple thunder icons showing on the forecast app lol

It's now over two years since a direct storm hit. It's becoming similar to the period between 2005 and 2013 - just a rumble from a distance.

Posted

19.6mm here and showers now approaching back from the west, so expect that to rise! Highest rainfall amount for a while and more than the whole month of May! 

High was 18.9°C today, back down to 12.9°C. Winds now switched round to the NW as the low pulls away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Weston for once hit the jackpot   best thunderstorm for years, a fair amount of surface flooding on roads. Recorded 39mm and counting. 

• Like 2

Posted
43 minutes ago, knocker said:

26mm here today with a max temp of 11.3C!

How long since you’ve had a summer day that cool Knocker?

Mid afternoon sun enabled it to ‘reach’ 15.4c here, we had a cooler June day 2 years ago.

14mm here so not as wet as expected with most heavy showers skirting past late afternoon. Fergie’s Twitter page has a funnel cloud pictured over Longleat from Frome.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

18.1°C was today's high here around 4pm during the bright and dry period. Has been on and off drizzly rain here for the past few hours, but dry again for now. 

Currently 11.6°C

Posted
5 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

How long since you’ve had a summer day that cool Knocker?

Mid afternoon sun enabled it to ‘reach’ 15.4c here, we had a cooler June day 2 years ago.

14mm here so not as wet as expected with most heavy showers skirting past late afternoon. Fergie’s Twitter page has a funnel cloud pictured over Longleat from Frome.

I've no idea Andy but quite a while I would imagine Andy. It was like Autumn here yesterday,  Hopefully an improvement over the weekend as I'm off to Greenway tomorrow.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

11.3mm in last 24 hours is the highest day total since 24th April, 19.2mm from the system is 1.1mm more that May's total and 23.1 is the June total so far.  Garden happy!

Posted

After the 24 mm of rain from 6am til 11 am yesterday and a lovely sunny spell for the afternoon, it then rained again from 4-6 pm and 9 pm to midnight, making a total of 34 mm yesterday.
It was then dry for a few of the early hours, but the rain and wind picked up at 3-5 pm, 3.4 mm, WSW winds of 15-23 mph and a handful of gusts 32-37 mph.

It is dry now and brightening up, 14c, 1012.0 hPa, WSW wind 10-17 mph with 20-27 mph gusts.

Been picking up plenty of slugs and snails this morning (rain bringing them out) from around the runner/broad/french beans, peas, potatoes and sweetcorn, but luckily all the plants are well on their way and their nibbling has not made any difference. 
Have a bucket load of them now making nematodes for next years crop. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

After an overnight low of 9.2°C, it’s bright and breezy this morning but there’s a few showers in the area.

Currently 13.7°C

Posted

Very heavy shower rattling through.  13.2°C

Posted
4 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Very heavy shower rattling through.  13.2°C

Yep. It's a bit annoying. I was just about to fire up the mixer, as I'm trying to lay my patio wall footing today. Looked up and could see it coming, so just had time to cover up the cement and dash in.

Looks like a line of showers are on the way now. ?️

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, jtay said:

Yep. It's a bit annoying. I was just about to fire up the mixer, as I'm trying to lay my patio wall footing today. Looked up and could see it coming, so just had time to cover up the cement and dash in.

Looks like a line of showers are on the way now. ?️

Well back to blue sky above now! I’m not getting fooled though

Posted
4 hours ago, lettice said:

After the 24 mm of rain from 6am til 11 am yesterday and a lovely sunny spell for the afternoon, it then rained again from 4-6 pm and 9 pm to midnight, making a total of 34 mm yesterday.
It was then dry for a few of the early hours, but the rain and wind picked up at 3-5 pm, 3.4 mm, WSW winds of 15-23 mph and a handful of gusts 32-37 mph.

It is dry now and brightening up, 14c, 1012.0 hPa, WSW wind 10-17 mph with 20-27 mph gusts.

Been picking up plenty of slugs and snails this morning (rain bringing them out) from around the runner/broad/french beans, peas, potatoes and sweetcorn, but luckily all the plants are well on their way and their nibbling has not made any difference. 
Have a bucket load of them now making nematodes for next years crop. 

Had a mere 29.4 mm here yesterday - still enough for a rain guage overflow into the outer bucket though, wettest day here since mid December last year. Fortunately I don't rely on the automatic bucket-tip guage though, as I realised too late in the day that it was clogged up with bird cr... and other detritus so clearing that out was a late night job! I now have to figure out how to correct the AWS and computer records.

I hope it isn't too windy for the Daedalus fair and air displays today, it must be a bit breezy down there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Windy, but warm and sunny here. Gusting to 30mph + on both stations. Temp 16.7°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny and windy so far today with all the showers missing here. 15.8°C

Posted

23.2 mm yesterday. Wettest day of the year so far for me. Pretty breezy today with the odd brief shower shooting through. Temperature around 15°C.  

Posted

Sat in the middle as the showers go around me, last one went to the north of us, this one split and missed completely...

image.thumb.png.16b1d10d977b3def6f38f7c525872d18.png

Posted

There was 40mm of rain here from yesterday morning to this morning.

From my [not necessarily 100% accurate] rain gauge.

DSC_3340.JPG

DSC_3342.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A comparatively conservative 17mm from yesterday - especially given the rain in the morning and thunderstorm in the evening. Not quite the wettest day of the year yet.

Sunny and cool today and not as windy as I’d expected.