Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temp did hit 17.9°C in the sunshine. Just had a little sprinkle, but barely enough to wet the ground. Thankfully, it's moving through quickly.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
2 hours ago, knocker said:

The term fine particles, or particulate matter 2.5 (PM2.5), refers to tiny particles or droplets in the air that are two and one half microns or less in width. ... The widths of the larger particles in the PM2.5 size range would be about thirty times smaller than that of a human hair.

Particulate matter contains microscopic solids or liquid droplets that are so small that they can be inhaled and cause serious health problems. Some particles less than 10 micrometers in diameter can get deep into your lungs and some may even get into your bloodstream. Of these, particles less than 2.5 micrometers in diameter, also known as fine particles or PM2.5, pose the greatest risk to health.

Thank you very much.

Posted
1 hour ago, Lyn-M said:

Thank you very much.

Lyn, have you had rain today? Just a few pimply drops in Warminster including now along with hazy sun. Didn’t think we would be playing in the garden today but we are.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Had a torrential downpour in Bristol between 1.30-2. All moved off now with a little brightness but feeling quite steamy despite cool temperatures.

Posted
1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

Lyn, have you had rain today? Just a few pimply drops in Warminster including now along with hazy sun. Didn’t think we would be playing in the garden today but we are.

Big fat zero, Andy!  A few, and I mean a very few spits and spots which if you blinked you missed, around half one and that was it.  Much as we need it, I hope it stays away tomorrow as I'm going to Taunton....  Maybe Friday will be the day?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

A few sunny spells this morning followed by on and off drizzle since around noon with the odd heavier shower. Not much in the way of organised rain though.. again. Up to 19.9°C earlier, temp has been hanging around 16°C for an hour

Posted

Cloudy affair here today, feeling quite humid. Had some light and steady rain over the past hour or so, only amounted to 1.4mm though. 

After a high of 20.5 C earlier, now back down to 17.5c DP 14.5c with partly cloudy skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Mostly cloudy but with the occasional sunny spell and a bit of rain for a time earlier that didn’t come to much. Quite cool but also feels humid. 14.9°C

Posted

Bit of rain here today. Enough to save me having to water the pots later.

Meanwhile... over the channel, it's going pop.

image.thumb.png.c75ef72158fdc10b4b2f538f7f932ea1.pngimage.thumb.png.906c2cad3e7b36e954662789ec31d091.png

Looks like it should brighten up here, in a bit. I've got to go and put the marquee up shortly, for a wedding that takes place in the village on Friday.

I'm not sure that I want to break the news to them.

image.thumb.png.716058d1bc7dec5ba8c977bfb00aeb21.png

Posted

Turned out alright here. Sunny now with no measurable rainfall despite the forecast. Pretty much all of the unsettled spells of weather over the last few months haven't had much of an impact here. I've had shorts & t-shirts on since mid April, no complaints about the good weather at all.

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Lyn-M said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what are PM 2.5 levels please?

Sorry Lyn. I forgot to reply. knocker explained it perfectly.

It's quite a useful sensor for monitoring nasties in the air, such as pollen/smoke etc

962288023_Screenshot_20190604-164907_WSView.thumb.jpg.2a026fb7704a5361a12fdac393470c43.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Blue skies developing to the south/south west now, feeling nice in the sunshine now.. and I’m in shorts and t shirt too

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

Surprisingly no measurable rainfall today. Really could've done with it! This area seems to have done very well at dodging the rain lately. May well be another of those unsettled spells which really doesn't amount to anything. Felt quite muggy today as well with top temp of 18.7 °C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Much nicer now with blue skies overhead and feeling a bit warmer. 15.4°C

Posted

Mostly sunny with a light breeze. 15.7°C

Posted

Got to admit, a picturesque scene looking towards the sunset tonight.. 

13.2°C632ABEE9-1D15-47BF-9F29-82615C87D167.thumb.jpeg.2bc55cf0a240131117740b50733de401.jpeg

Posted

Sunny start to the day before it clouded over by late morning with rain for a time this afternoon followed by a bright end to the day. Reached 18.0°C, currently 13.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Much fresher today with bright spells. Feeling quite cold though out of the sun and in the wind. Only 13C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

I was amazed by how little rain we got in Bath and Warminster yesterday. The radar looked like it would be a drenching, but the forcasts (especially the high res) suggested we would see very little and were right. I'm just glad it wasn't snow...

Posted

Cloudy and cool now. 15.2°C

Posted

Amusingly we’ve just trumped yesterday’s rain with about 3 minutes of heavy large drops from the edge of a heavy shower.

Posted

Sunny spells but feeling cool with the breeze. 18.0°C

Posted

Dry here until about ten minutes ago when the skies opened!  Most we've had since the middle of May.  Should mean that I don't need to water the pots in the garden this evening.

Posted
48 minutes ago, Lyn-M said:

Dry here until about ten minutes ago when the skies opened!  Most we've had since the middle of May.  Should mean that I don't need to water the pots in the garden this evening.

I can see your cell from the kitchen window...

IMG_20190605_181315972.jpg