I’ve binged the whole show in last 2 weeks never done anything like that before, it’s been an enjoyable ride I do agree with this season being rushed, then again directors wanted to do 6 extended episodes rather than HBO who wanted 10 episodes that would have give more to work with, especially with controversial ‘The Bells’ although I did see it coming.

Edited by Daniel*

Then we have the sequel GAME  OF BREXIT

14 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Then we have the sequel GAME  OF BREXIT

Dany's dragons would certainly come in useful at the moment....

well....its over..... SPOILERS.

dont read if you havnt seen

i guess its good that most of the main characters survived, a relief really... nice that the starks triumphed.

but the big WHAAATTT? for us was when they 'chose' the next king... why tf wasnt jon snow up for consideration as he was the rightful heir.

but it was a bit rushed, it was equally heartbreaking and tragic when jon killed daenerys... but it had to be done...

Not seen final episode until tonight but will go with Tyrion for king in that case.  He would make a compassionate leader, was Cersei’s brother (although Cersei stole the throne for herself and of course the Baratheon’s usurped the throne originally) and lastly there was always the gossip that Tyrion’s father was not Tywin Lannister but rather a Targaryen, which is why Tywin hated Tyrion so much.  

*Spoiler alert for final episode*

Well so there it is, the end of GoT... What score would I give the final episode? I'd probably give it a 6.5 out of 10.

I think the ending was by no means a disaster but I didn't really feel much for any of the characters. I felt most for Drogon funnily enough and it was quite fitting the dragon melted the iron throne. I think a lot of the stories tied up nicely such as:

+ John Snow killing Danerys, it had to be him
+ Bran becoming king (just because I called it 😛 )
+ John Snow being reunited with ghost
+ Tyrian and Bronn bantering at the end.
+ Brienne's book entry for Jamie Lannister

However the problem is there were so many plot holes, with the ending lost its impact. What happened to John Snow's claim to the throne? The white walkers shouldn't have been killed off in one episode. To build it up over 7 seasons and then just sweep it to one side felt lame. All that talk of winter is coming and it only snowed in King's landing for a day or two, sounds like winter 2018/19 in a nutshell!

I think they could have pulled off a twist with Bran and the whole Lord of Light theory. We didn't get to see much of what was going on when he was worging. 6 episodes was too few, it needed another 4. I would have kept some link to the white walkers till the end and have spent more time going through what caused Danerys to turn. Lets also pretend the attack on Euron's fleet never happened... or Euron for that matter. Maybe Jamie walking away from Brienne happened too soon although it was a plausible plot development.

Finally Cersei got less then 30 minutes of screentime during season 8... for such a big character that was pretty poor. Her death was fitting but felt hollow when watching it because the show was rushed, her role was really minor. That sums up GoT in the last two seasons, rushed. A lost opportunity sadly, with the show for the first 4 seasons almost flawless. Season 6 was also very good but it seemed to go downhill from there. Had it kept up the quality in the first 4 seasons it could have been the best TV drama going.

So a decent ending but it could have been so much better. 

Edited by Quicksilver1989

An usual case where a programme could have happily gone on. Unlike many tv programmes where you wish they had finished ages ago. 

Keep thinking of the Truman Show where at the end the avid watchers just said. “What else is on?”

Edited by Snipper

15 hours ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

*Spoiler alert for final episode*

Well so there it is, the end of GoT... What score would I give the final episode? I'd probably give it a 6.5 out of 10.

I think the ending was by no means a disaster but I didn't really feel much for any of the characters. I felt most for Drogon funnily enough and it was quite fitting the dragon melted the iron throne. I think a lot of the stories tied up nicely such as:

+ John Snow killing Danerys, it had to be him
+ Bran becoming king (just because I called it 😛 )
+ John Snow being reunited with ghost
+ Tyrian and Bronn bantering at the end.
+ Brienne's book entry for Jamie Lannister

However the problem is there were so many plot holes, with the ending lost its impact. What happened to John Snow's claim to the throne? The white walkers shouldn't have been killed off in one episode. To build it up over 7 seasons and then just sweep it to one side felt lame. All that talk of winter is coming and it only snowed in King's landing for a day or two, sounds like winter 2018/19 in a nutshell!

I think they could have pulled off a twist with Bran and the whole Lord of Light theory. We didn't get to see much of what was going on when he was worging. 6 episodes was too few, it needed another 4. I would have kept some link to the white walkers till the end and have spent more time going through what caused Danerys to turn. Lets also pretend the attack on Euron's fleet never happened... or Euron for that matter. Maybe Jamie walking away from Brienne happened too soon although it was a plausible plot development.

Finally Cersei got less then 30 minutes of screentime during season 8... for such a big character that was pretty poor. Her death was fitting but felt hollow when watching it because the show was rushed, her role was really minor. That sums up GoT in the last two seasons, rushed. A lost opportunity sadly, with the show for the first 4 seasons almost flawless. Season 6 was also very good but it seemed to go downhill from there. Had it kept up the quality in the first 4 seasons it could have been the best TV drama going.

So a decent ending but it could have been so much better. 

i think thats a very sound appraisal 👍

Yes, I feel it was a decent ending in the end with the characters perhaps ending up where they should have done.  Jon was never bought up to be a king and was never comfortable with the idea.  At least Drogon was seen heading east most likely taking her back to Valaryia, I suspected Dany would end up back in Valyria, albeit not deceased.  I didn't really get the Sansa line though, the HBO series made so much more of Sansa's character than the books ever did - can't wait for the last 2 novels to be released to see Martin's conclusion. 

Edited by Snowycat

My main disappoint was concerning Cersei's death. All a bit Luke warm for a major character dying under polystyrene rocks  

Had hoped that she would get to the end if her pregnancy only to find she had a dwarf. That would be poetic justice.  

Edited by Snipper

3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Any one else never watched it, never heard of Jon Snow, always wondered who it was, member on here called Jon Snow

Terrific bowler.

14 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Any one else never watched it, never heard of Jon Snow, always wondered who it was, member on here called Jon Snow

frosty has changed his name, the girl in the pic was got's jon snows love interest.... they married recently in real life.

On 25/05/2019 at 21:34, Snowflake Queen said:

The final was a Load of dragon balls 😵

Another programme that is absolutely rubbish is the Weather Forecast. Anyone seen it? The plot is total rubbish most of the time. Quite unbelievable.